Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Who Should Take The Blame For Not Meeting Deadline?

The success of a particular task, rests upon the shoulder of the team leaders and their teams majorly. But other factors remain to be that the employee must provide for the success. But if not, the failure.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well yes, if everything the team needs have been provided for by the company. The project manager or team supervisor will see its inability to complete a set task within a specific timeframe, that would look bad on the employees.

In my experience working in a software house, we are on a project basis and it is always the project manager or project leader who gets the blame for missing the deadline. We couldn't afford to miss the deadline so as a project manager I always add 2 days for an allowance. For example the deadline is February 15 so I will make it February 13 so the team members will be working fast. When the project is not finished on the 13th then we still have 2 days to work on it.

And wasted deadlines can lead to many unnecessary consequences. The last time you missed a deadline, you may have lost the sales contract, missed out on a potential deal, or your co-workers may have to work over the weekend. Even so, owning one is still beyond the reach of the average person.
[automerge]1613024063[/automerge]
And wasted deadlines can lead to many unnecessary consequences. The last time you missed a deadline, you may have lost the sales contract, missed out on a potential deal, or your co-workers may have to work over the weekend. Even so, owning one is still beyond the reach of the average person.

It's depend on the kind of deadline we are talking about however most times the management have been blamed for not meeting deadline of a contract. Deadline it's like a contract agreement between the customers and the business as a business owner was be able to I mean of deadline always this makes your business relevant.

I think that it is the employees who should take the blame for that delay. By that I mean the lead of the team because he represents the team. His attitude is reflected on the team and they only follow his leadership.

Often, it’s easy for managers to blame project delays and the problems that come with it on their team lead.

If an employees constantly fail to meet deadlines, it is good to look other things associated to the project like how their tasks are being structured, how much support is being offered to them, and how organized their working environment is.

is it right to blame the team lead for not meeting a deadline?
I think the manager should be the one who will take the blame for not meeting the deadline. He is the one who knows the implication of not meeting the deadline. In order to avoid that he has to find a way to motivate the workers to perform higher in order to meet and beat the deadline. But when it occur, you shouldn't blame any of the Walker opening.

To me i think the whole team should take the blame for a delayed project or non completion of project or mistake in projects. Also a manager job is to oversee the rest of the team so i think manager are to take major share of the blame.

If there is persistence late meeting of deadlines or not meeting it at all. I think the problem will be in the system, restructure the business from the top where decisions and discipline are made, then move down to the employee then there should be more seriousness in taking tasks

It's the team leader who is often getting all the blame from the manager for not meeting the deadline. While the team leader will blame the employees under his leadership. But the client will blame the boss whom they're having the transaction with. But who knows whose fault it actually is?

I think both the team leaders and team members should be blamed for not meeting up on a deadline on project. I believe in a team if a good planning is in place it will be very easy for the tea leader and members to know how to position themselves for the work

I think both the team leaders and team members should be blamed for not meeting up on a deadline on project. I believe in a team if a good planning is in place it will be very easy for the tea leader and members to know how to position themselves for the work
@Nurudeen what about a situation where the necessary facilities to executive a project are not being provided by the management. Is the team lead and members to be blamed? We need to look at some factors too.

Blames can come from anyone. It may not be the project team head that is solely responsible for not meeting up to the deadline of the scheduled meeting. If the manager of the organization is the one who defaulted, they he should be the one to be blamed.

Like a popular saying "uneasy lies the head that wears the crown". Whoever can not bear the pain and responsibility of being a leader should not even accept the offer at all. The team leader should be blamed for the delay in project delivery.

The Moment the realization comes to face then there might be need for another employee or staff to assist so that tge staff can cover up for loop holes and places needed to be attended to on time. Its not always easy for one person.

Without considering other things that may have caused the delay, the manager and employees shares the blame. In cases where there was no availability of adequate resources, the manager is to be blame but there’s no reason to blame anyone instead look for other means of accomplishing your target

What to do if an employee retains a missing deadline

Sit down with a staff member to ask what's going on, and listen with an open mind. ... talk about the effects of missed dates. ... Ask what tools your employee is using to track projects and deadlines. ... Be clear about your expectations and what needs to change in order to move forward. ...talk about

A company is not run by one person variable if there anyone should be blamed for not meeting a deadline which would be the company's staff from the managing director to even the gate man no one man should be blame for the inability of the company stuff to reach edit line hence company work is a collective responsibility there for everyone will bear the blame

Often, it’s easy for managers to blame project delays and the problems that come with it on their team lead.

If an employees constantly fail to meet deadlines, it is good to look other things associated to the project like how their tasks are being structured, how much support is being offered to them, and how organized their working environment is.

is it right to blame the team lead for not meeting a deadline?
It depends on the structure of the organization and the business model applied, when I was a business manager my team were given the necessary trainings and tools to ensure they met their target, so once they fail to do so the blame lies on them

Well as the owner of the business or construction engineer, the level at which you can place blame on anyone is when you have provided all the required details expected from you, because I believe that some employee might react due to the fact that you fail to respond or attend to there needs so there is possibilities that there might not be able to meet up, and in this kind of scenario the blame will likely to be shifted on the business or construction manager because of lack of provision.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds