Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Who Should Take The Blame For Not Meeting Deadline?

I have seen in many working organization including mine, whenever something wrong happens, everyone in the higher positions start to pass the blame to someone. It is better to accept the mistake and then rectify it yourself.
Exactly without accepting the mistake , I don't see the possibility of any improvement. To be able to improve , one need to identify his or her fault and seek for ways to work on it

Advertisement Placeholder
Well there is no excuse for not making a deadline but sometimes it can't be helped as there could be seen some unforseen events that could cause it, when that happens passing blames isn't the best way to improve such situations

Well there is no excuse for not making a deadline but sometimes it can't be helped as there could be seen some unforseen events that could cause it, when that happens passing blames isn't the best way to improve such situations
No matter the situations that caused the business not to meet up with the deadline, someone must be blamed or held responsible for it either by the management or the clients. The client will surely blame the management for not meeting up with the deadline.

Mostly people blame the person who is taking the project. If a person fails to deliver the work on time, he or she is the one who is blamed. However, I think sometimes we can also blame the manager of the employer because he might be the one who is to be blamed for not providing proper guidelines.

If the task given is associated with benefits like,good working environment, adequate materials provided and sufficient financial support to run the project at a given period of time, then I'll blame the team lead,but anything other than that, I'll blame the manager.
No matter how good the working conditions given to employees of a business, when the business fails to meet up with deadline, the manager will be blamed by the client because he fails in his duties which is to monitor the progress of the business deal.

No matter how good the working conditions given to employees of a business, when the business fails to meet up with deadline, the manager will be blamed by the client because he fails in his duties which is to monitor the progress of the business deal.
Exactly, when a proposed assignment is given and it does'nt meet up to deadline day, then the blame goes to the instructor or the manager in charge of the organisation.

The fact remains that if the team leader and his team were given all the necessary working tools like good working conditions and the nesesary financial back up requires to make things happen and the team could not produce any good lead or turnover, then they should receive the blame
When it involves deadline the person that should take the loan for not meeting deadlines are those who kept for who put the deadline.

Often, it’s easy for managers to blame project delays and the problems that come with it on their team lead.

If an employees constantly fail to meet deadlines, it is good to look other things associated to the project like how their tasks are being structured, how much support is being offered to them, and how organized their working environment is.

is it right to blame the team lead for not meeting a deadline?

Well, in my opinion if it's your duty to meet up with a certain business numbers as a marketing officer and in the end you failed to do so, then it's definitely going to be your fault.

The kind of work to be done may be too big for the employees to handle in a short duration of time. Work should be structured in a way that affords employees the time to do it well and fast as possible. Unless the employees are lazy and incompetent then the blame should fall to them for not meeting the deadline.
When is come to meeting deadlines in a company I think that all stakeholders in the organisation should take the blame for not meeting any tagline in the organisation because everyone in the organisation is working together to achieve a particular goal or objective.

When is come to meeting deadlines in a company I think that all stakeholders in the organisation should take the blame for not meeting any tagline in the organisation because everyone in the organisation is working together to achieve a particular goal or objective.
No matter the level or numbers of employees in a company, some staff are more affected or closer to getting the deal done than others, so these set of people will be blamed for not meeting up with the deadline.

In a business organisation each and everyone is responsible for the outcome. Business is doing great, credit goes to all the members. Same in case when any adverse situation arises like unable to complete a deal within stipulated time. Everyone should bear the responsibility.

We all know that one of the responsibilities of being a leader is the taking of full responsibility of any success or failure of a given project or task commited to your hands. Why looking for whom to blame now?

The fact remains that if the team leader and his team were given all the necessary working tools like good working conditions and the nesesary financial back up requires to make things happen and the team could not produce any good lead or turnover, then they should receive the blame
One person I think that should take the blame for not meeting deadline the owner of the business because one need to meet deadline when starting a particular business if he is dedicated to his business.

Who should take the blame blame? At time the business owners us to get the blame for not providing what the workers while at times the worker should take the blame. But in the case where the owner gave all what he or she have to the worker and they still refuse to work, who should be blame? To me, the worker should take the blame.
What about if its in a situation whereby everything has been provided. All that is needed be it capital and man power has been provided but the time frame given is short. Now if the team is not able to deliver who woukd take the blame? Would you also blame the company for not giving you enough time?

No matter the level or numbers of employees in a company, some staff are more affected or closer to getting the deal done than others, so these set of people will be blamed for not meeting up with the deadline.
It is true that logically that for a company to be able to maximize profit it needs to be able to cut down on the number of its employees but sometimes we need to have empathy so as to consider people that are working for us and also to know that more employees will lead to more productivity for the business.

What about if its in a situation whereby everything has been provided. All that is needed be it capital and man power has been provided but the time frame given is short. Now if the team is not able to deliver who woukd take the blame? Would you also blame the company for not giving you enough time?
There is no excuse for failures in business deals. Before you accept any business deals, you must be satisfy with the terms and conditions of the business. Given excuses after you failed to meet up, will not be accepted.

There is no excuse for failures in business deals. Before you accept any business deals, you must be satisfy with the terms and conditions of the business. Given excuses after you failed to meet up, will not be accepted.
Exactly, Putting the blame on the company simply means you cannot cope with the task and you are not fit enough to work with that company. The company would not even listern to your excuse.

I think it is being done like that to respect the chain of hierarchy so that if the manager is blamed then he will know how to put more pressure on his subjects to deliver.

I think of their is a project delay in a company it's those who are still involved that will be blamed. With the exception of the supervisor or the team lead in general

I think it is being done like that to respect the chain of hierarchy so that if the manager is blamed then he will know how to put more pressure on his subjects to deliver.
It is not the duty of the manager as long as the manager has given the rule of the business, it is the duty of the employee to make sure they keep to the rules and regulation that governs the business organisation they are working for.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds