Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Who Should Take The Blame For Not Meeting Deadline?

It is not the duty of the manager as long as the manager has given the rule of the business, it is the duty of the employee to make sure they keep to the rules and regulation that governs the business organisation they are working for.
The manager was employed to make sure that every department in the company works fine and completed all the duties charged to them. Their must be a thorough supervision by the manager to ensure that the staff in charge of the business meet up with the deadline at all time.

Advertisement Placeholder
I believe we all know that I'm working systems, there is something we call hierarchy. Now this highlighting makes it possible for the team leader to get the blame once a deadline is not met

The manager was employed to make sure that every department in the company works fine and completed all the duties charged to them. Their must be a thorough supervision by the manager to ensure that the staff in charge of the business meet up with the deadline at all time.
If they are not able to meet up with what they were ask to do then it is the duty of the manager to suspend them, managing a business is not easy and sometimes the manager may not even have time to attend to all those things.

Well here's the thing. Sometimes employers give employees way too much work in a small period of time. Some deadlines are pushed to a short period of time, and therefore it starts to involve crunch, which hurts employees a lot. As long as the deadline isn't this short period of time, and employees are given everything they need to do the job, than all will be good I think.

We all know that one of the responsibilities of being a leader is the taking of full responsibility of any success or failure of a given project or task commited to your hands. Why looking for whom to blame now?
The bulk of any and all leadership stops at the leaders table. If the team fails to deliver at deadline on any project given to it, the team leader usually assumes the fault and take the blame for it
I believe we all know that I'm working systems, there is something we call hierarchy. Now this highlighting makes it possible for the team leader to get the blame once a deadline is not met
That's exactly the point here. Every hirachy has to take a blame for not meeting deadline. If the team refuses to meet target deadline for a project, the team leader must take full responsibility for that failure

If they are not able to meet up with what they were ask to do then it is the duty of the manager to suspend them, managing a business is not easy and sometimes the manager may not even have time to attend to all those things.
The manager is still at fault for employing people who are not capable to work successfully without the supervision of experienced staff or the manager.

The fact remains that if the team leader and his team were given all the necessary working tools like good working conditions and the nesesary financial back up requires to make things happen and the team could not produce any good lead or turnover, then they should receive the blame
The owner of the business should take the blame for not meeting deadline because when he or she promised he is supposed to keep that promise and meet the deadline for the promise.

I always insist that the business should have a chain of command and as such there should be tires that insure one person is always hold responsible for another.

The manager is still at fault for employing people who are not capable to work successfully without the supervision of experienced staff or the manager.
There is no how you will know people that do not have an understanding of what they are doing until you present them in a position for them to do the practical, even you may not know it. I don't think it is the fault of the manager.

In a business setting where you are given a deadline for a project submission and the employee do not meet the targeted time, I beleive the management in the position to take the blame and not the head.
Often, it’s easy for managers to blame project delays and the problems that come with it on their team lead.

If an employees constantly fail to meet deadlines, it is good to look other things associated to the project like how their tasks are being structured, how much support is being offered to them, and how organized their working environment is.

is it right to blame the team lead for not meeting a deadline?

If the employee have been offered the right equipment and tools for the project with no issue or thing left out , ttrn the employee could be blame for not carrying out the job

If the employee have been offered the right equipment and tools for the project with no issue or thing left out , ttrn the employee could be blame for not carrying out the job
Ok what if the managers and the business management do not give the required tools, do you really think it is still the best for us to blame it on the business management ? Because I believe the employee should look for another way to do it.

Who will take the blame of not meeting deadline i think will be the worker because if you know you're not making it you would have state it.

Often, it’s easy for managers to blame project delays and the problems that come with it on their team lead.

If an employees constantly fail to meet deadlines, it is good to look other things associated to the project like how their tasks are being structured, how much support is being offered to them, and how organized their working environment is.

As long as the deadline is within a fair time slot and the workers have everything they need to complete the task (including clear instructions on how to complete the specified task) .. then the fault would lie with the employees, unfortunately.
There are always exceptions.. maybe teamwork was needed and nobody was able to see eye to eye, that would cause delays, people calling in sick, just unexpected things popping up slowing the progress of completing tasks in time.

The team leader has to be blamed by their managers. But first they must be told about their deadline. They should also be instructed on how to do the project. If the deadline is not meet then the team leader has to be blamed after providing also the tools that they needed to finish the job.

The blame game is really dominant in most companies. Some managers are really critical and strict on project leaders on meeting the deadline. And they do so because they really want the results. I think the team lead should be responsible for the role given and give a clear explanation on why the project was later. Whether it is personal reasons or the structure of the company.

The blame game is really dominant in most companies. Some managers are really critical and strict on project leaders on meeting the deadline. And they do so because they really want the results. I think the team lead should be responsible for the role given and give a clear explanation on why the project was later. Whether it is personal reasons or the structure of the company.
Criticism should be avoided in any kind of business. Such kind of problems are always there, but when we start blaming each other that will decrease the morale of the people. Better sort it out as a team.

there are situations where by the employees or workers are very hard-working but they are not provided with the hard-working environment and tools. in such situation the business owners should be blamed.

In my short leadership experience at a small organisation, I've come to learn that a leader is first in all - in appraisal or blame. It's his responsibility to ensure things are run smoothly and on time by consistent coordination of resources. Leaders should also learn to lend a helping hand and query or correct things promptly. This is the sole reason why the blame goes to the leader, he's aware that things aren't going smoothly and doesn't fix it

There is no how you will know people that do not have an understanding of what they are doing until you present them in a position for them to do the practical, even you may not know it. I don't think it is the fault of the manager.
Some job role allows job applicants to be put to test on probation for a period of time before they are finally employed. During that period, the manager must have known if the person is qualified for the job or not.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds