Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Who Should Take The Blame For Not Meeting Deadline?

Both the team leader and management are to be blamed, they both have their share of the fault. When a deadline is not met even after all needs were met and requirements given, the team leader is at fault, he/she should have put in more efforts to meet up. No client likes disappoint, it is part of what they consider before trusting you with responsibilities and money in future.
They accepted failure is part of business and life as a whole, learned from it and continue their journey to success.
As an entrepreneur, we should know that success and failure are linked.

I have failed as an entrepreneur in the past and it wasn't easy to accept it
[automerge]1613236239[/automerge]
Both the team leader and management are to be blamed, they both have their share of the fault. When a deadline is not met even after all needs were met and requirements given, the team leader is at fault, he/she should have put in more efforts to meet up. No client likes disappoint, it is part of what they consider before trusting you with responsibilities and money in future.
They accepted failure is part of business and life as a whole, learned from it and continue their journey to success.
As an entrepreneur, we should know that success and failure are linked.

I have failed as an entrepreneur in the past and it wasn't easy to accept it

Advertisement Placeholder
I believe that this is not correct. Many times a culprit is sought for not submitting an application on time, and this is motivated by different factors. One of them may be that the delivery order is given late without having the necessary time to execute it, lack of personnel or material support to be able to do it. Therefore, it is not necessary to look for culprits but to correct the reason for the problem.

Every member of such team is to be blame, nobody should take the blame alone
A business that fails means everyone involved should take a blame
And in a company it's very bad to apportioned blame to anyone

This blame should be taken by both the person who was supposed to do the task and the supervisor. The supervisor was supposed to have checks along the way to ensure that the job was on track. It is his responsibility to implement checks along the way.

The leader of the project should take the blame for not meeting the deadline. Even though the work may not progress due to the workers' negligence the leader has the responsibility to complete the work on time

If the task given is associated with benefits like,good working environment, adequate materials provided and sufficient financial support to run the project at a given period of time, then I'll blame the team lead,but anything other than that, I'll blame the manager.

As for me if am going to say anything I will put the blame on the worker because when you been given a deadline you really need to work on your deadline and work on whatever you been given because you really have to take your business serious than anything and it's really very important so much
I totally concur with your view. A worker should keep up with deadline once it has been set. Although it depends most times with the team leader effectiveness.
[automerge]1618418595[/automerge]
As for me if am going to say anything I will put the blame on the worker because when you been given a deadline you really need to work on your deadline and work on whatever you been given because you really have to take your business serious than anything and it's really very important so much
I totally concur with your view. A worker should keep up with deadline once it has been set. Although it depends most times with the team leader effectiveness.

As you have pointed out, failure of a team to continuously meet deadlines needs to evaluated. The manager and the leader of the department needs to sit down and talk about how exactly they need help and dig in deep to know why exactly it keeps occuring then carefully prover solutions.

In my opinion, the team head was chosen because he or she is capable of the tasks and if the time frame is Not enough the team head should be able to speak up. And the management too should not leave the whole responsibility on the team head with a little help things would work.

This question you have asked is quite tricky but It depends on If the working conditions is favorable and conducive to working. Then the workers should be banned for not meeting up. However, in other cases the employer could be at fault

Each sectors have their own role to play for the effectiveness of the company because each department should conce tested on their tasks then managers should oversee, when something keeps failing management shouldn't blame but find out why.

It depends on the business settings ,in most business its the employees and the manager that needs to take the blame for not meeting the deadline

Often, it’s easy for managers to blame project delays and the problems that come with it on their team lead.

If an employees constantly fail to meet deadlines, it is good to look other things associated to the project like how their tasks are being structured, how much support is being offered to them, and how organized their working environment is.

is it right to blame the team lead for not meeting a deadline?
I wouldn't say blame but accept responsibility for any delays, when a team is handed a project and a deadline is given, it's their job to ensure they deliver. If there are problems they are expected to communicate.

Often, it’s easy for managers to blame project delays and the problems that come with it on their team lead.

If an employees constantly fail to meet deadlines, it is good to look other things associated to the project like how their tasks are being structured, how much support is being offered to them, and how organized their working environment is.

The employees who are in charge of meeting the demand are the ones to actually blame not the manager in charge of them. every individual should be held responsible

One can blame it on the employers or the employee it depends on both parties. In a scenario where the assignment given was too rigours and the time allotted is too small then we blame the employers but if otherwise we blame the employee.

Depends on who is funding the project at the time, if there is not enough cash flow a project may be difficult to complete on time. Then there's weather conditions too it may affect the project as well.

Before anyone should be blamed, some factors should be considered, that is factors that may have caused delay in that project. Factors like weather conditions can affect a building project. But if there's no factor, the team should be blamed.

Like you said in here,before you could place a blame on anybody you first of all look at everything first are they all in place and there is nothing to be delaying the work or so ever. If all that is checked so you can put the blame on anyone responsible for that I guess.

Some of the time we shouldn't put blames on employees for not meeting deadlines. There are certain factors that may affect productivity and workflow such as the structure of the work and so many other factors.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds