Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

what motivates business owner the most: Experience or Failure?

About two-thirds of respondents said their first motivation was money and a sense of financial security. According to the survey, many entrepreneurs, being recognized for their hard work, either through an award or happy customers, give them the energy to keep pushing for a long time, according to the survey.

Advertisement Placeholder
They both motivate one in business but if I was to choose I'd go for experience. Experience is one of the most important qualities anyone should have when it comes to running a business. This is because with a wealth of experience one would be able to manage and coordinate resources of the business.

From my own point of view. I think it should be failure. Because a true businessman knows that without failure you would not grow. It is failure or the fear of failure that will motivate you to do things differently from the first time you fail. I believe that failure is the mother of experience. This is because you can't claim to be experienced without suffering from failure or defeat at one time o the other in your business or career.

Failure, for obvious reasons.

Steve Jobs once said “I didn’t see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.”

Failure in business makes one rethink about those things we think we know so much, and by doing that we learn a lot and never want to fail again.

Failure or Experience, which of the two motivate you to be successful ?
I believe that most of us learn better from our failures than from experience. Failures help you to restategize, but winnings make you feel as though you do not need to learn something new. Failure is a better teacher

Experience and failure can truly be motivators in many business enterprise. But whether experience or failure could motivate will depend largely on the individual. Some business owners can fall off after each failure while some will see it as motivation to get going. Generally, it should be experience.

Failures and success are parts of learning. All these adds up to your experiences. Failure is the best teacher but experience is the problem solver. Personally my experience motivates me. It also makes me enthusiastic.

Both failure and experience are motivators for success in a company. It depends on one's personality, although this is related, experience usually comes from failure and learning. None of us like failure, but it is a great trigger and driver of success. So the answer is failure.

Although failure is a motivation because after failure comes correction when one fails his hidden mistakes which led to failure becomes visible and he goes on to try again but I think results is the best motivator
Being able to achieve that which you have labored for is a huge motivation and it teaches you not to give up on something and makes you learn that you can actually achieve some things once your mind is set to it

Failure, for obvious reasons.

Steve Jobs once said “I didn’t see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.”

Failure in business makes one rethink about those things we think we know so much, and by doing that we learn a lot and never want to fail again.

Failure or Experience, which of the two motivate you to be successful ?
Do I really get your question? How does experience motivate one to be successful? Failure can in the sense that you'll probably want to try again, and this time learn from the mistakes you've made previously. So failure and experience go hand in hand.

I think the biggest motivation factor for anyone, not just the business owner, is money. If yo see money coming in, you will be motivated and if you do not see money coming, you are discouraged to continue working.

About two-thirds of respondents said their first motivation was money and a sense of financial security. According to the survey, many entrepreneurs, being recognized for their hard work, either through an award or happy customers, give them the energy to keep pushing for a long time, according to the survey.
Most people get tucked and rocked so hard with failing and they all end up going down under the rock. It's not every single individual can handle failure. It's why to me, experience is more better motivation because it gives you knowledge on what to do.

I think failure is the best teacher and best motivator, when someone fails in a business for the first time, I believe that person should be more motivated to start and succeed in any other business he engage himself with again
Failure as they say is the best teacher
Sure, failure should be a lesson to serve as a guide for the next movement or plans one wishes to carry out but unfortunately some neglect the learning aspect of failure and repeat the same mistake.

Sure, failure should be a lesson to serve as a guide for the next movement or plans one wishes to carry out but unfortunately some neglect the learning aspect of failure and repeat the same mistake.
When you look at failure from the bright side, you will definitely undoubtedly understand that it's what you didn't do well that ended up making you to fail and once that lessons learnt, it's a very big asset.

For me both failure and experience has a part to play in motivating my success. Experience has more effects on boosting my success rates because from experience i put my all in order to become successful.

For me both failure and experience has a part to play in motivating my success. Experience has more effects on boosting my success rates because from experience i put my all in order to become successful.
What most people do not know about experience in general say is that an experience might be in form of failure which all are designed to teach and make the person better.

What most people do not know about experience in general say is that an experience might be in form of failure which all are designed to teach and make the person better.
Yeah you're absolutely right because you can learn from another person's failures which is now your own experience,so in this case, you don't need to fail first before succeeding because you've already gotten experience from another person's failures.

Yeah you're absolutely right because you can learn from another person's failures which is now your own experience,so in this case, you don't need to fail first before succeeding because you've already gotten experience from another person's failures.
Exactly, it's very important that you have followed another person's footsteps and relive everything that the person have done, both his or her success and failures, and then find a way to harness the process and make it work for you. This is how life in business should be.

I think the two work hand in hand, sometimes all it takes is for one to fail before he or she can get it all together and in the same way the experience you have gathered in that period of failure helps boost your business. So I would say both works together.

When I failed on my first business attempt, I learned a lesson. However, the lesson I learned did not work for my second business as it was of a different nature and I again failed.

When I failed on my first business attempt, I learned a lesson. However, the lesson I learned did not work for my second business as it was of a different nature and I again failed.
That is more reason you need an experienced mentor , so that when you make continual loss , you won't regret but have the capacity to move your business forward again

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds