Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

what motivates business owner the most: Experience or Failure?

Business owners get their experience from their own failure or the failure of other entrepreneurs. This amount to the bulk of experiences which they transfer and apply to their various businesses and the business seems like flying and soaring high.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think the urge to succeed and achieve greater height in your business is also a motivating factor for moving forward.Having a feel and good experience would motivate you to want to achieve more,success begat more success.

Failure, for obvious reasons.

Steve Jobs once said “I didn’t see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.”

Failure in business makes one rethink about those things we think we know so much, and by doing that we learn a lot and never want to fail again.

Failure or Experience, which of the two motivate you to be successful ?
Smiles, like I explained in a similar post, there's no difference between failure and experience in this context anyways. When one fails, ultimately he learns from his failure and try not to make such mistake in the future. That's what experience is all about.

Steve Jobs once said “I didn’t see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.”

Failure in business makes one rethink about those things we think we know so much, and by doing that we learn a lot and never want to fail again.

• Forum Free

• Searches
The success of a business depends on motivation by either experience or failure depending on personal perspective. Some people get motivated to succeed when they fail by telling themselves that they are not going to fail anymore while some depend on experience as their best teacher to be their source of motivation.

Nc

Experiences teaches us. Fear and Failure is a good motivator as you we won't want to slip out of your comfort zone. When we fail at a task or work, it motivates us to improve in some other way.

The thing is that failure doesn't actually motivates all people, there are so people who are so comfortable with failure that whenever they fail, they take it as a normal thing. Such people will need a stronger thing to motivate them.
I think I would rate such people as those who are not serious about anything that they do in their lives because when failure becomes a normal thing for an individual, there is no way such human entity can be saved again and made into a successful human in the society. I pray to God that I will never have such a friend.

From my experience, the gains or profits are one of those things that motivates a business owner , one would understand how to improve on his business but as for failure, it may take time to boost your morale because you may be swung into a position that makes you think deeply if not think regrettably and you may not follow up with the customer , profit are those things that really change the business owner .

What motivates business owners is that he or she see the results of the good business is doing when is business USB’s bring profit and everything will be okay with the business owner will be happy

The thing is that failure doesn't actually motivates all people, there are so people who are so comfortable with failure that whenever they fail, they take it as a normal thing. Such people will need a stronger thing to motivate them.
@Ralphjoe Really? would you mind suggesting what other stronger things that can motivate them. Most successful business owner today are those that have been motivated by failure and have failed several times in the past.

About two-thirds as many respondents reported that their top motivation is money and a feeling of financial security. For many entrepreneurs, being recognized for their hard work, either through an award or happy customers, gives them the energy to keep pushing through the long days.

About two-thirds as many respondents reported that their top motivation is money and a feeling of financial security. For many entrepreneurs, being recognized for their hard work, either through an award or happy customers, gives them the energy to keep pushing through the long days.
@Seun4luv are you of the opinion that money and financial security motivates entrepreneurs? I would like to hear from you as regard to your comment above. More clarity on your views will go a long way in shaping my response.

I think that the outcome of a particular business idea or innovation drives or motivate business owner. Failure keeps someone in perspective as to what you want to achieve the more the failure, the closer to success

If you’ve ever started a business and failed, you might feel terrible about the loss of time, effort. and money.

In fact, you may even have beaten yourself up for like lack of motivation, laziness, partnering up with the wrong people, and so on. Besides damaging your self-esteem, this type of thinking also misses the mark. You are only thinking about the things that you knew.

Of course what motivates is experience , failure and success are part of experience and both are good enough to motivate business owner and both accounted for success or failure in businesses today, the endpoint depends on how the two are managed.

Well, there are many motivating factors that could drive an entrepreneur. One of the best factors is vision, goals and wealth. The zeal and desire to attain success should be driving force that would keep up awake day and night in order to reach your set ambitions. So, you are right. You should be obsessed with want you want. Its a good dose of motivation.

In my opinion, I will say that both failure and experience can motivate a business man. If you have experience, you can run the business the way it supposed to. If you fail too, you can also go back to drawing board to see what to correct. My opinion.

In every business, experience and failure are motivatives factors, reason is that, when you fail you will learn another new how to do it and how not to do, experience teachers u more

Yes failure is the best way to motivate each other Failure is often viewed as an ending, but that doesn’t have to be the case. For most entrepreneurs and their businesses, failure is just the beginning. Failure is a stepping stone on the pathway to success. You pick up new pieces of information along the way that help you to avoid mistakes

Well, there are many motivating factors that could drive an entrepreneur. One of the best factors is vision, goals and wealth. The zeal and desire to attain success should be driving force that would keep up awake day and night in order to reach your set ambitions. So, you are right. You should be obsessed with want you want. Its a good dose of motivation.
@Dubai I would like to share what a friend of mine said weeks ago about his business and possible challenges he might encounter having talked about possibility of success and chances of him failing.
[automerge]1612946027[/automerge]
In every business, experience and failure are motivatives factors, reason is that, when you fail you will learn another new how to do it and how not to do, experience teachers u more
@Blessings um the best part is questioning your previous knowledge of the business and things you think you know actually aren't what you know.
By doing so, one would realizes his mistakes and to avoid making such mistakes again.
[automerge]1612947166[/automerge]
Yes failure is the best way to motivate each other Failure is often viewed as an ending, but that doesn’t have to be the case. For most entrepreneurs and their businesses, failure is just the beginning. Failure is a stepping stone on the pathway to success. You pick up new pieces of information along the way that help you to avoid mistakes
@Adeyoola I agree with you that Failure is a stepping stone on the pathway to success and at every point in time one failed in business, you become more cautious about the decisions you make at all time.

Last edited:

Failure in business makes one rethink about how things is done but not every failure does that. some failure wreck down the ideas.
Quote of today!
its never to late to win! You ate getting there very soon, just keep believing and trust in your will

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds