Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

what causes sudden increase in number of contract Staff ?

One thing that causes sudden increase in the number of contract staff is when the organisation or the company has enough project at hand with this they will need her number of contract staff.
Your statement is correct @Richard92 , the more projects the company has, the more personnel it will need to carry them out, therefore the necessary personnel will be requested, either by contract or permanent staff.

Advertisement Placeholder
Of cause, no matter how good you are as a contractor, the company would not want to just take you in like that, you would have to go through the normal process, to avoid negative talks from already existing staff. And to make them not see it as being unfair.
It is not suppose to work that way. I knew a guy that works as a contract staff for 13 years in a bank while some staff are yet to spend two years and they earn better than the contract staff despite having the same qualifications. Contract staff that has spent a good number of years should not be subjected to write exams and start as an entry level employee.

It is not suppose to work that way. I knew a guy that works as a contract staff for 13 years in a bank while some staff are yet to spend two years and they earn better than the contract staff despite having the same qualifications. Contract staff that has spent a good number of years should not be subjected to write exams and start as an entry level employee.
Its not supposed to work that way as you have rightly said, but thats how it is in some companies, even if the contractor is not coming in at the entry level they might still do these things, its not like it is really needed but it is just a formality that needs to take place. While in some cases the contractor does not even need to go through all these processes as the come is already aware of the skills they carry.

When the work becomes voluminous, I believe contract staffs are needed. Just like in construction of a subdivision, many construction workers will be needed to build houses. You can't do it all alone. You need architects, engineers, and contract staffs to finish the project.

Contract staffs are usually engaged when the company is short staffed or most of the workers are not available at that moment, contract staff will fill the vacuum.

Contract staffs may be needed in.some instances. Contract staffs only work directly towards what they are to achieve and they produce more efficiency but not all cases requires contract staff

I'll explain @maventiger . In my country there are two types of employees, which are permanent and contracted. Employees are not at risk of losing their jobs unless there is some fault on their part. Those hired are for temporary time, no more than six months since in that case they would become permanent employees. In both cases there is no risk of your salary. It can be handled differently in other countries!
One thing that causes sudden increase in the number of contact staff is when the business has grown or is expanding with this you will need more employees for the job.

One thing that causes sudden increase in the number of contact staff is when the business has grown or is expanding with this you will need more employees for the job.
Yes, it is extremely necessary. This also happens seasonally, in some factories and businesses, when demand increases, it is necessary to hire new temporary employees.

By using contract staff both businesses and contractors can accomplish work quickly and efficiently.

Advances in technology have increased the need for businesses to provide high-speed services quickly and efficiently. Fortunately for companies, contract workers thrive on producing high quality work and completing projects in the most efficient and effective way possible.

Most companies can attest to the impact of having a contract staff executive projects in a timely manner but the decrease in payment in form of wages or salary is what I don't understand as it has been the norm in my country.

what's your view on contract staffs and their wages in your country?
Contract staffs in my country are retarded as IT student the patient is just a penny higher than student that come for IT.. contact staff are valueless not until the become talk staff.

Its not supposed to work that way as you have rightly said, but thats how it is in some companies, even if the contractor is not coming in at the entry level they might still do these things, its not like it is really needed but it is just a formality that needs to take place. While in some cases the contractor does not even need to go through all these processes as the come is already aware of the skills they carry.
If a company want to make you a staff after working for them as a contract employee, all you have to do is to resign from the contracting firm and get employed as a full staff without undergoing any form of interview or exams.

Contract staffs are usually engaged when the company is short staffed or most of the workers are not available at that moment, contract staff will fill the vacuum.
I think, in a nutshell, you have described just what contract staff do, i.e. "fill the gap" at any given time. Because if permanent staff is not available or there is an overload of work, they will be there to cover it.

I have also been observing this for some time now and I am coming to understand that a lot of skilled people do not want to be tied down to a particular place of work.

If there is anything that causes the sudden increase in the number of contract staff, it should be due to the fact that the demand for them is high

when the kind of work they are doing is tedious they will definitely need enough contract workers in order to complete the work quickly and efficiently within a short period of time.

The major cause is high rate of unemployment youth in the country. Most companies are taking advantages of things because they know it is cheaper for them to recruit new worker as people are desperately looking for job to do to make ends meet. They save more money in payment of salary last day will be paying far less for the contract staffs.

The major reason for the increase in the number of contract staffs is basically because the companies do not want to hire staffs that will collect high pay. The contract staffs are paid peanuts

In most cases I see that companies now are not willing to hire full time staff maybe just because of pension and gratuity. So hire contract staff and pay them off after their service are no longer needed

In most cases I see that companies now are not willing to hire full time staff maybe just because of pension and gratuity. So hire contract staff and pay them off after their service are no longer needed
I think what you say is correct on the subject of "pension and gratuity." It is one of the main reasons why many employers do not hire a new person, in a permanent capacity, since hiring them should not cover those expenses in the future.

The simple reason and purpose why you see the increase of contract staffs is because the leadership of such organization wants to shortchange the organization for their own personal gain as the contract staffs won't be paid full salaries as practiced

The number of contact staff that a business hires depend on the business necessity. Some businesses who have a ,lot of businesses with clients have a lot of contact staff.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds