Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

what causes sudden increase in number of contract Staff ?

Well a company can bring in a contract staff when there is so much work on ground and they don't have enough staff/manpower that can carry it out, or in a situation where the work requires a special skill in which their members may not be able to handle properly.

Advertisement Placeholder
There are some jobs like normal and periodic decorations, graphic design that does not warrant you keep a full staff. Instead you only pay them to complete that one contract. A lot of people are also now wanting to work as contractors because of the freedom.

This study displays three factors affecting the Employee Turnover: external (Employment perception and Union presence), work-related (Payment, Job performance, Role clarity, Overall job satisfaction, Organizational commitment), and personal factors

Due to lack of opportunities in the labour market and a dwindling economy, there'll always be a surge in number of applicants for a contract job that is available, people have various needs and problems to solve and believe the pay they can get from having access to work under these contractors can go a long way in solving their problems.

To minimize the cost of salary. Business owners are now making use of contract workers because the pay is somehow low for the contract workers compare to the full time workers. That's my thought though.
You're right, my cousin worked as a contract staff in one of these high paying banks, they paid her paltry sums compared to the full staff and turns out that they do most of the stressful jobs

For someone to be working as a contract staff, it means there is scarcity of job
The major reason the number of contract staff increases is unemployment

Most companies and organisations are always looking for a means to cut cost. With this, they try to go for cheap labour and they employ people who they feel they can pay less, and are also able to get the job done.
This is what they do and after monopolising labor they still monopolise sales of goods because of the kind of greed they have ,which is a very bad thing,

The increase in contract staff is liable to wards the important of the work at hand, if a company is giving a set target to achieve at a less time,the need for extra hands is required.

By using contract staff both businesses and contractors can accomplish work quickly and efficiently.

Advances in technology have increased the need for businesses to provide high-speed services quickly and efficiently. Fortunately for companies, contract workers thrive on producing high quality work and completing projects in the most efficient and effective way possible.

Most companies can attest to the impact of having a contract staff executive projects in a timely manner but the decrease in payment in form of wages or salary is what I don't understand as it has been the norm in my country.

what's your view on contract staffs and their wages in your country?
I think the reason why most companies hire many contract staff is to boycott the policy of staff job security and post service responsibility imposed by the ministry of labour.

Most country ultilize contract staffs so that they can cut the cut of labor. My mum is also a contract staff of a company and what they pay them is not the same with the employed staffs but she and some of the employed staffs do the same kind of work.

In my country, it is very easy to cheat and control contract staffs that why the sudden increase. They are usually exempted from bonuses and holidays as a permanent staff would get.

The contract staff that we call outsourced worker or employee is only hired for temporary projects that do not last for a year. But if the project is long term the staff are hired directly because it is not legal here to outsource for more than 6 months. An outsource will be considered a permanent employee if he works for 6 months in a company.

Contract workers are also paid very small amounts of money in my country. Yet they seem to be the ones producing the top quality jobs. That is why many of then never renew their contracts in most companies.

Well concerning your question on why there is sudden increase in the need for contract staff in companies nowadays, well having gone through different comments on the post I can deduct thay companies hire contract staff as cheap labour

By using contract staff both businesses and contractors can accomplish work quickly and efficiently.

Advances in technology have increased the need for businesses to provide high-speed services quickly and efficiently. Fortunately for companies, contract workers thrive on producing high quality work and completing projects in the most efficient and effective way possible.

Most companies can attest to the impact of having a contract staff executive projects in a timely manner but the decrease in payment in form of wages or salary is what I don't understand as it has been the norm in my country.

All you need in business is to spend low and more grow. It is only possible for hiring people on contract basis rather than keeping a staff permanently. So I think it is a valuable trick to grow your business by spending low budget. We need to invest in buying Products not hiring people for giving them money.

Contract of staff is very important because it helpful to carry out the work effectively without employee the staff permanently.it is available for the owner of the business and very easy for the owner of the business because after using the stuff I can't easily dispose them.

In my country or let me say in my own state of residence and where I work as well. Contract staff as been the worst form of working in a company, because they don't have anything to benefit from the company and they are always pay the less salary at the end of the month. So contract staffs is not a good one to be doing I guess.

I don't really know why contract staffs don't get paid as much as how those employed are but the do their work effectively and efficiently.

I don't really know why contract staffs don't get paid as much as how those employed are but the do their work effectively and efficiently.
Surprisingly more than what most companies envisage when hiring contract staffs. The take home of most contract staff is determined by the labor market and what is obtainable at the point of seeking additional work force.

Surprisingly more than what most companies envisage when hiring contract staffs. The take home of most contract staff is determined by the labor market and what is obtainable at the point of seeking additional work force.
Actually contract staffs love their jobs and are dedicated because getting a permanent job is not easy,so the handle the one at hand with care.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds