Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

what causes sudden increase in number of contract Staff ?

Most companies tends to employ contract staffs in order to reduce the expenses on labor. It’s also done in order to maximize output whenever there’s a deadline. Contract staffs have no guarantee on the job and can be released at any time. Also some companies does this in order to strengthen their labor force for a short time so as to meet a target.
contract staff sure do deliver schedule jobs on time,but most times why some big outfit give out jobs on contract base is because of the expenses they wants to avoid,this could be the royalties payments to the locals which would be bear by the contracting firms.

Advertisement Placeholder
Sudden increase in the number of staff occurs when there is a huge responsibility, most times hiring a contract staff is always better depending on the type of work it is all about.

The organisation are using the advantage of having cheap labour to make their profits out of the actual salary they should have paid a full staff for which the contract staff is doing the job

In most cases I see that companies now are not willing to hire full time staff maybe just because of pension and gratuity. So hire contract staff and pay them off after their service are no longer needed
Companies don't really pay contract staff off. When a job is contracted, it has been awarded for another company on behalf of the company that you work for who can dismiss you when there is a change in the terms of their contract without any benefits given to you.

Can't say so for my country bro. Contract staffs and workers are being treated well especially since most of them are foreigners from other countries.

The reason for such can be attributed to the kind of government policies that affect the conditions of service of such staff that's make the service unfavourable for them that makes them go extra for a private firm contract the will make them benefit.

That's probably because the company is preventing payment of pensions or the company does not want to increase salaries in the long run.

I agree I think most companies utilises contract staff. But I don't think they are very well paid as much. Contract jobs seem to be the new norm, a lot of companies make use of contract staff to increase efficiency and production.
Yeah that seems like the case, when this happens most of them don't get retained at the end , it's no doubt that they would still be needed by these corporations for use on contract as it's always been

Yeah that seems like the case, when this happens most of them don't get retained at the end , it's no doubt that they would still be needed by these corporations for use on contract as it's always been
I agree. A lot of companies like to use this channel to scale up production and efficiency. The only disadvantage is that they overwork you and at the end of the day you don't get retained by the company.

As it stands when we talk about contract staff it their terms and conditions are always very stry and sincerely they really do a good job because there is no familiarity between the company and the staff

High rate of unemployment is the major reason why we having more contract stars in most of the companies. Those people short changing the contract staff by giving them salary less than their capability.

By using contract staff both businesses and contractors can accomplish work quickly and efficiently.

Advances in technology have increased the need for businesses to provide high-speed services quickly and efficiently. Fortunately for companies, contract workers thrive on producing high quality work and completing projects in the most efficient and effective way possible.

Most companies can attest to the impact of having a contract staff executive projects in a timely manner but the decrease in payment in form of wages or salary is what I don't understand as it has been the norm in my country.

what's your view on contract staffs and their wages in your country?
I think what majorly causes the increase of contract staff in a business is because the company is going through some financial crisis so the only way they can cut down course is to employ contract staff instead of permanent staff and then they may have a big deal or contract on their hands so they will have to employ contract staff to help out in actualizing the project.

The only thing i believe can cause sudden increase in the number of contract staff in a business or company is when the workload increase or when the company decided to expand the business.

The reason why some company employ contract staffs is not far fetched. It is to reduce cost and minimise cost. But even companies that afford to employ fulltime staff still use contact staff ans it is gradually becoming a norm and it very bad and wicked.

Contact staff usually work in a organised schedule and they can also pick up multiple jobs so I think people are now more interested in contract work and not really the fault of the company.

Advancement in technology is one of the reasons but may not be the major, with respect to my Country, the reason for contract staff increase is this - if they have permanent workers, they will have to increase their salaries as time goes on with respect to the number of years they are spending but if you have contract staff, you employ their services for just six months, no salary increment for this period, the workers are laid off and new contract staff are employed and same continues. Just to reduce their expenses as regards salary payments.

Here in Nigeria, contract workers are the least paid workers and there is increase in contract jobs in my country, even with the poor working condition, because of equally increase in unemployment. Most contract workers do so, in order to get paid and to gain experience that will boost their CV.

By using contract staff both businesses and contractors can accomplish work quickly and efficiently.

Advances in technology have increased the need for businesses to provide high-speed services quickly and efficiently. Fortunately for companies, contract workers thrive on producing high quality work and completing projects in the most efficient and effective way possible.

Most companies can attest to the impact of having a contract staff executive projects in a timely manner but the decrease in payment in form of wages or salary is what I don't understand as it has been the norm in my country.

what's your view on contract staffs and their wages in your country?
It will depend on the sector giving the contract.
Some contract staff may be given funds to commence the work, it is always difficult for another fund to be released to them to complete the job or on finishing the job.
That is why we have so many abandoned projects in my country.

Contract staffs are been 8ncread if the level of production increases for a short period of time and more hands are needed to support core staffs
[automerge]1634041789[/automerge]
If you are increasing you contract staff if most ne probably there are places you need to supply your products and your staffs aren't enough or you have high demand of production.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds