Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

what causes sudden increase in number of contract Staff ?

Contract staff is more of a temporary employment due to excessive work load. Most contract staff get an advanced payment before even starting to work and they're not being promoted or given any more incentives which makes most of them disgruntled.

Advertisement Placeholder
By using contract staff both businesses and contractors can accomplish work quickly and efficiently.

Advances in technology have increased the need for businesses to provide high-speed services quickly and efficiently. Fortunately for companies, contract workers thrive on producing high quality work and completing projects in the most efficient and effective way possible.

Most companies can attest to the impact of having a contract staff executive projects in a timely manner but the decrease in payment in form of wages or salary is what I don't understand as it has been the norm in my country.

what's your view on contract staffs and their wages in your country?
The way some companies treat contract staff is not so good. In some cases, these contract staff use their resources to carry out the job only for them to be delayed payment or given incomplete payment. Payments given to contract workers should be reviewed.

Contract staff are numerous in my country and they cut across all sectors of the economy. However, they are not often paid well but they are well-trained and skilled in delivering the services they were contracted for.

The major reason why companies opt in for contract staffs these days is their inability to pay there permanent staff well. So the use the means of getting contract staff to use and their contract might be renew or abandon based on their next plan. Banks here in Nigeria uses contract staff mostly.

It is a business strategy by the various companies to cut costs and increase profit. They know the high incidence of unemployment in the country so they take advantage of it to employ people on contract a pay them less than the industry standard.

One reason I have that could be the reason for having contract staff, is that If the demand for product is high and the workers are not much then contract staff are employed

A sudden increase in contract staffs could be for the reason that many people at a specific time needs money to execute their personal needs as well. Companies employ more contract staffs maybe due to the job involved that might need many hands on deck.

Most companies tends to employ contract staffs in order to reduce the expenses on labor. It’s also done in order to maximize output whenever there’s a deadline. Contract staffs have no guarantee on the job and can be released at any time. Also some companies does this in order to strengthen their labor force for a short time so as to meet a target.
There are varous reasons why most companies do go for contract staff,the issue of deadline is one of them,they usually want a situation where the jobs to be done is not carried out by regular staff,so as to meet up deadline.And the issue of settlement to the local communities is also another.

Well this often times happen when the company cannot afford to employ full time staffs or sometimes they only employ the contract staffs in order to upgrade

One of the reason companies go in for contract staff,is the high wage bill that would be incured when the firm employ personells directly.some severance benefits will have to be put aside when contract staff is involved.
And due to the high rate of unemployment jobs schedules are completed on time,due to threats of loosing their jobs.
You've said it all. Sometimes a temporary job would come up and the company would have no choice than to employ people to take care of that emergency work

It's due to the fact that people actually need multiple sources of income ,I think this period it's certainly hard to just leave only by a particular source of income,so that's the importance

A sudden increase in contract staffs could be for the reason that many people at a specific time needs money to execute their personal needs as well. Companies employ more contract staffs maybe due to the job involved that might need many hands on deck.
Yes.
if a company suddenly increases the number of contract staff, it could be due to a number of reasons.
It could be that they need more hands to complete a certain task.

Yes.
if a company suddenly increases the number of contract staff, it could be due to a number of reasons.
It could be that they need more hands to complete a certain task.
Or it could be due to the fact that they don't really want to pay more if they engage staff on full-time basis. Contract staff are not really paid well and most organizations like reducing costs by engaging them.

Inflation and a lack of job opportunities often force people to accept contract-based jobs. Most of the contract-based jobs hire employees for a short time and they even "re-hire" people later after firing them.

Any business or organization that increases its number of contract staff to me is just out to cut costs and nothing else. Why not employ them fully? It's just obvious that they need people they can layoff at anytime.
Besides they'll pay the contract staff lesser than they're supposed to get.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with contract staffs. I actually see it as a good thing to employee more people if the work is much at that particular time. It will reduce the amount of work load on the main workers.

To keep pay costs as low as possible. Contract workers are increasingly being used by business owners since their compensation is lower than that of full-time employees. But that's just my opinion.

Most companies tends to employ contract staffs in order to reduce the expenses on labor. It’s also done in order to maximize output whenever there’s a deadline. Contract staffs have no guarantee on the job and can be released at any time. Also some companies does this in order to strengthen their labor force for a short time so as to meet a target.

Contract staff is more of a temporary employment due to excessive work load. Most contract staff get an advanced payment before even starting to work and they're not being promoted or given any more incentives which makes most of them disgruntled.
I don't like the idea of being a constract staff because sometimes the workload can be so much and that is just another form of exploitation , if I can have the possibility to avoid it I will because you are only being used for a particular period of time . everybody are interested in getting permanent employment.

I think many employers are now struggling to find employees in the USA. I am not so sure about USA, but many companies do offer contract-based jobs to many employees, even in my country. There are many companies that might be offering jobs for temporary basis and they might not even tell the employees about that and they automatically fire the employee after certain time. This also happens in many workplaces.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds