Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

The issue of the temporary worker

They shouldn't abolish working temporarily because there are a lot of reasons attached to temp working such as;
1. Inadequate qualifications to work as a hired worker.
2. Short duration of time on the side of the temp worker. Etc

Advertisement Placeholder
The issues around hiring temporary workers is not just because they would be staying for a short period of time but most locations it is because over business perspective example imagine after a period of time that an employee or personnel has been newly taken decides to resign live imagine the amount of time that we wasted on training last stuff now that simple you don't have to be redone on the new stuff all over again.

They are called Temps which means they are not regular employees who are qualified for benefits. The usual tenure of Temps is 5 months because a worker that stays with a company for 6 months is automatically considered a regular employee. Now the problem of the Temps is they are hired as temps to handle regular jobs like the fast food cashier or attendant. Temps are only for emergency positions. Until now that issue is pending although our president is for the abolition of the Temps category.
Most business that require temperal workers always come up due to your expect in a particular field, once you are done with the assignment given to you, you have to go and in my country most temporary work always come up during December where sales are high and companies are always short of staff, so they will always need a temporal worker

Temporary workers exist in my country as well. It pays the organization that hires them and it pays the temporary workers as well. Temporary workers do not have. Much obligation to carry out rsther than work major

These are adhoc staff that work for a very short time most time between 6 months to 1 year but the good thing is that they are well paid.
One issue of a temporary worker is that he is never permanent in any work and most times is just paid for the few month or days he has to spend with you.

In my country, they are called contract staff. They are usually hired on temporary basis and can be made permanent later on. In small businesses where you can't hire full time staff, you can hire temporary provided they can do the job well.
You are right. That is also similar in our country where a temporary worker works for at least five months, and then when the five months expired he has the choice to apply again for another five months contract to that same company. He will be permanent if he is absorbed.

One issue of a temporary worker is that he is never permanent in any work and most times is just paid for the few month or days he has to spend with you.
That is true and that is why they are work is not pensionable and some of them may not be able to make anything tangible with it because it doesn't even allow them to take credit facilities from the bank.

The method short-term or even adhoc personnel are actually employ in my nation is actually easier since all of problems of interaction are actually specified , some short-term personnel might remain as much as 1 year while some invest times depending upon the attributes of the task

The same thing happens in my country but we call them contract staff. Usually work in an organisation write from a month to 6 months or two years maximum. Majority of them work hard in order to get permanent workplace over here.

In my country they are called casual workers they have no right as workers because they are not permanent workers they are just entitled to their wages,in my country there are so many in such category even in government offices.

Write your reply...the issue of the temporary worker is that as the end of the day they will push you out like wise permanent.

One problem I have with this is that the temps already got used to the job and understand the nooks and corners of it, when they leave , you will have to bring in another temps and start training them all over, do we have to keep doing this?

Temporary workers are usually hired in my country when there is increase in demand of the product and the employees can not handle it.

There are are some people who wouldn't mind to be a temporary worker for a business organization, I do not like to be a temporary worker in any way.
When there are scarcity of jobs, people who are willing to work are left with no other options than to take a job wither temporary or permanent job just to put something in their table to eat and survive till they secure a better job.

Most companies and organisations are into this practice if employing casual workers this days. This corruption has even gotten deep into the civil service too were you'll see a lot of retired persons employed as contract staffs

Most businesses employ a temporary worker when the work load of the company is much at a particular period of time to meet up with the demand of the customers.

In my country they are called adhoc staff. The stay term is normally six months to one year. I feel like they're being overstressed with the certainty of a permanent job and that's unfair.

Sometimes it's not really thier fault to become temporary workers , but peer pressure really affect the. , Once thier colleague end more income or dresses , the get depressed and sign out to look for a greener pastures

It is not really an issue because the conditions attached to such jobs were clearly stated in their job description. You accepted it on the grounds that you agreed with the whole arrangement, so why feel bad about leaving the job after the agreed number of months to work. Except the job is on probation to get you into the real team.

Most businesses employ a temporary worker when the work load of the company is much at a particular period of time to meet up with the demand of the customers.
Sometimes the issue i always have with this temporary worker is that they are being maltreated sometimes and their payment is always so low compared to what they are asked to do.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds