Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

The issue of the temporary worker

Temporary work is quite a big disadvantage it gives u the feeling that you have some thing doing whereas it's just a .... If the money is not enough to make investment after the temp work u are in deep ...

Advertisement Placeholder
I think temporary workers are mostly given contracts that tell how long they need the services of the worker. And if the person's services are great, he could be employed permanently. My friend has been on contract for the past 6 months.

They are popularly called adhocs staffs in my country. The company would employee the adhoc staff for a period less than 2 or 3 months. They are usually employed for the duration of a particular even like the electioneering period. They would be played specific amount for some period .

Since you start working under someone or the government is temporary,who agree with that??
Cause you might end up being sacked one day either good or bad.

Just like you have said, temps are supposed to be a few months, to learn and complete their education but private organisations and even some public bring up schemes to keep them and replace older staffs cuts expenses

When there are scarcity of jobs, people who are willing to work are left with no other options than to take a job wither temporary or permanent job just to put something in their table to eat and survive till they secure a better job.
Hmmm, but sometimes I think qualification can actually make you to be placed at a higher position even if you have to work as a temporary worker. School qualification might also be an important factors.

Hmmm, but sometimes I think qualification can actually make you to be placed at a higher position even if you have to work as a temporary worker. School qualification might also be an important factors.
Getting a job as temporary worker has nothing to do with tour qualification as their are many people with better and higher qualifications than your own.

Getting a job as temporary worker has nothing to do with tour qualification as their are many people with better and higher qualifications than your own.
Most people that are temporary workers are always doing it on contract and sometimes this can actually be profitable especially engineers, but people with lower qualification will be the lebourer and the cement mixers.

I really don't support the policy of the tempo workers in any organization because to some extent I believe some employer of labour can be using the opportunity to be exploiting the tempo workers

The way temporary or adhoc staff are hire in my country is more convenient because all conditions of engagement are stated , some temporary staff could stay up to 1 year while some spend days depending on the nature of the job
I doubt that the same principle would apply all over one country seeing the number of firms, companies, industries we have each would have their own agenda

To me temporary work is not good as permanent job but if you if it is necessary to take temporary job, then it must be highly paid jo

They are called Temps which means they are not regular employees who are qualified for benefits. The usual tenure of Temps is 5 months because a worker that stays with a company for 6 months is automatically considered a regular employee. Now the problem of the Temps is they are hired as temps to handle regular jobs like the fast food cashier or attendant. Temps are only for emergency positions. Until now that issue is pending although our president is for the abolition of the Temps category.
Well in a country like Nigeria that there is so much cases of unemployment people would not think twice to get any job by temporary or otherwise so it's actually a good way for someone to work.

Well in a country like Nigeria that there is so much cases of unemployment people would not think twice to get any job by temporary or otherwise so it's actually a good way for someone to work.
Very true, getting a job in Nigeria is a very difficult task to handle, if one can even find a temporary job offer or a contract as most companies calls it, I don't think anyone would turn it down, cause such opportunity is not easy to come by.

I don't think such positions can be abolished because there are some jobs that are usually created for temporary workers such as; Census workers, in my country some people are employed for these kind of positions and then dissolved after the whole exercise.
Students can also engage in this type of jobs during vacations.

Even aside from the blames that could be put on the employers I have seen a lot of people say that they preferred to work as temporary workers and not tied to a particular company.

Very true, getting a job in Nigeria is a very difficult task to handle, if one can even find a temporary job offer or a contract as most companies calls it, I don't think anyone would turn it down, cause such opportunity is not easy to come by.
Even someone like me I'm looking for a contract job from any of those petroleum industry as I know that even if it's just a contract job it will definitely be a very lucrative contract job that can enable me to gather enough money to start up my own business.

Even someone like me I'm looking for a contract job from any of those petroleum industry as I know that even if it's just a contract job it will definitely be a very lucrative contract job that can enable me to gather enough money to start up my own business.
You have said it all, if one can get a contract job in places like she'll or Chevron, it would really be worth it because, the pay is good and I have also seen cases whereby in the end they make some the contract staff who are good at what they do permanent staffs

They are called Temps which means they are not regular employees who are qualified for benefits. The usual tenure of Temps is 5 months because a worker that stays with a company for 6 months is automatically considered a regular employee. Now the problem of the Temps is they are hired as temps to handle regular jobs like the fast food cashier or attendant. Temps are only for emergency positions. Until now that issue is pending although our president is for the abolition of the Temps category.

I have worked for a company where most of the employees were temporary workers. The nature of the job was not that good and there was no chance of career growth. I also left that place after one and a half month.

I will do my own personal research about the temps worker , because I have seen some workers in the place I am working before work in a hotel for a short period of time and leave after that day payment

Temporary workers isn't a new thing as it has always been and would still be, they have their own work within a company, and provided companies still need such services they would still be available
This is one thing most employers of labour likes doing is to engage personel as temporal workers,with this they are actually doing a lot of cost savings and severance benefits they would have to incure in the long run.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds