Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

The issue of the temporary worker

I will do my own personal research about the temps worker , because I have seen some workers in the place I am working before work in a hotel for a short period of time and leave after that day payment

Most of the labour and freelancers can be classified as temporary workers weho never get a lots of projects and who do not work regularly with the companies.

Advertisement Placeholder
temporary workers ,thats sound strange to me because I have never heard of temporarily workers but I believe there will be some ,but if I may ask does it mean you will be employed temporarily?

Having temporary workers i not the problem but it's not all work that requires temporary workers,so therefore if temporary workers are employed rather than permanent bworkers it will really affect the business

You have said it all, if one can get a contract job in places like she'll or Chevron, it would really be worth it because, the pay is good and I have also seen cases whereby in the end they make some the contract staff who are good at what they do permanent staffs
Getting jobs like contract jobs in petroleum or oil companies like shell and Chevron and mobil and the rest of them is quite a very difficult thing to do so I wouldn't think twice if I get any contract job offer from any of this oil companies because I know that it's going to be a very lucrative.

A lot of companies believe that it is much more easier to be able to manage temporary workers and some have even said that it is much much cheaper that way.

They're called contract staff here in my country and I'll say they're living an illusion because they'll enjoy for a short while and almost get used to it before they're laid off and start from square one again. My aunt's husband went through this and it took almost a year and a half before he could be made permanent - he was out of job a long while

Well the issue of temporary workers has become a global phenomenon even though there institution or companies in my area who always employ the services of temporary workers just a few moments before the arrival of their permanent workers after a break from work.

Getting jobs like contract jobs in petroleum or oil companies like shell and Chevron and mobil and the rest of them is quite a very difficult thing to do so I wouldn't think twice if I get any contract job offer from any of this oil companies because I know that it's going to be a very lucrative.
Yes they are not easy to get at all, in most cases the company usually gives out slots to the permanent staffs, so it is these slots they give out to others for job opportunity, so if you do not have someone on the inside, it would be difficult.

Well the issue of temporary workers has become a global phenomenon even though there institution or companies in my area who always employ the services of temporary workers just a few moments before the arrival of their permanent workers after a break from work.
Temporary workers are everywhere in the business world, we have temporary workers in banking sectors, teaching sector's and in some other companies where they just need some workers for a temporary time.

Yes they are not easy to get at all, in most cases the company usually gives out slots to the permanent staffs, so it is these slots they give out to others for job opportunity, so if you do not have someone on the inside, it would be difficult.
The most surprising aspect of recruitment in most government agencies in my country Nigeria is the fact that you will not see an advertisement for recruitment on the newspaper or on any print Media but you will see most of this agency recruiting people secretly.

The most surprising aspect of recruitment in most government agencies in my country Nigeria is the fact that you will not see an advertisement for recruitment on the newspaper or on any print Media but you will see most of this agency recruiting people secretly.
Haha, this is so true, most of them do not allow outsiders to know about they are recruiting because they already have persons they want to put in those positions, so they do not want to drag attention to themselves.

This people are called temporary workers not permanent workers,that means the have little impact in the company progress and when they leave the progress might not work,so it is necessary to have less tempt worker so that when they leave the company won't suffer lost

General I personally don't like the working for someone thing at this point of my age, if it like let it be a multinational company. But this issue of a temporary worker only works for does that are all in to make it if stranded presently. But then it's still strongly valid in some other companies...

This can only be profitable depending on your position and your qualification ,people who have an ability or an opportunity to win contract can actually make a lot of money that can actually change their life for good forever. Qualification is the most important thing here.

In my country, they are called contract staff. They are usually hired on temporary basis and can be made permanent later on. In small businesses where you can't hire full time staff, you can hire temporary provided they can do the job wel
I usually hate this idea of contract staff. Something that is not secured, you can be sacked at anytime. It has it good sides though, experience and all that

They're called casual staff in my setting. You see, Managers would adopt them into the system and leverage on them because they don't have a choice and even though they have a choice some of them will continue to stay believing that one day they will be absorbed into permanent system.

In my country, temporary workers are also known as contract staff. One of the disadvantages of hiring temporary workers is that they may not give their best due to the fact that they may be disengaged at any time.

They are called Temps which means they are not regular employees who are qualified for benefits. The usual tenure of Temps is 5 months because a worker that stays with a company for 6 months is automatically considered a regular employee. Now the problem of the Temps is they are hired as temps to handle regular jobs like the fast food cashier or attendant. Temps are only for emergency positions. Until now that issue is pending although our president is for the abolition of the Temps category.
This seems similar to what we call contract staff.
They are not the main organization's staff, but only work whenever they are needed to.

Temporary workers offers no TEAMWORK. Temporary employees often do not have time to integrate with your full-time employees, and regular employees may be resentful of interlopers, or hesitant to invest the time in employees who won’t be around for long.

In my country, temporary workers are also known as contract staff. One of the disadvantages of hiring temporary workers is that they may not give their best due to the fact that they may be disengaged at any time.
I'm just surprised why they can't give their best on something that they are being paid for, In some company people who are not able to work perfectly are always replaced by more agile person who are ready to bring out their best.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds