Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

The issue of the temporary worker

Well I know a little about the temporary staffs but I mostly see them in banks and if they are lucky they are sometimes retained to be permanent workers as time goes on

Advertisement Placeholder
The way temporary or adhoc staff are hire in my country is more convenient because all conditions of engagement are stated , some temporary staff could stay up to 1 year while some spend days depending on the nature of the job
The reason most employers would want to opt for temporary workers is that,they don't want to be burden with issue of severance benefits and packages that comes with a full employment.

They are called Temps which means they are not regular employees who are qualified for benefits. The usual tenure of Temps is 5 months because a worker that stays with a company for 6 months is automatically considered a regular employee. Now the problem of the Temps is they are hired as temps to handle regular jobs like the fast food cashier or attendant. Temps are only for emergency positions. Until now that issue is pending although our president is for the abolition of the Temps category.
In my country, i think these temporary workers are regarded as contract workers.
The are offered jobs for just a period of time.
Most times, they are paid a certain percentage to execute the job and paid the leftover after the project has been executed.

The issue of temp. workers in my country, are most often hired best on season. most especially during the December season or period where the regular workers of a company are on break. they will be employed for a short peof time before the actual or the regular workers resume their duty.

This seems similar to what we call contract staff.
They are not the main organization's staff, but only work whenever they are needed to.
yes, because i have not heard of the term 'temps' really used around here.
From the description, it matches what we call contract staff here.
They are not the company's main staff, they are only hired when their services are needed.

Temporary workers in my country is a normal thing although it's has it's own advantages and disadvantages, it is very much useful for many persons in the country which it serves as a means of earning for them

The issue of temporary or contract staff is creating a great effect on the society at large. The contract staff usually think of how they are going to rip up the company since they are not going to spend a long period of time working there.

Most businesses employed temporary workers when the work load in the business at the time is much for a period of time ranging from one month to a year depending on what they were needed for. Even government of my country do employ temporary staff during election time.
If I should take it to the banking sector in my country such work is actually referred to as contract staff which means that they are not the full staff of the banks rather than the contract for a specific period of time.

The issue of temporary worker. Most of the workers are used as labour in the company for many years without being staff. This workers normally put under contractors so as not to be started. They treat them as labour.

The way temporary or adhoc staff are hire in my country is more convenient because all conditions of engagement are stated , some temporary staff could stay up to 1 year while some spend days depending on the nature of the job
The main reason why most businesses make use of temporary worker says that they are trying as much as possible to cut down the cost of expenses of paying salaries to full-time workers.

Most businesses employed temporary workers when the work load in the business at the time is much for a period of time ranging from one month to a year depending on what they were needed for. Even government of my country do employ temporary staff during election time.

Temporary workers are those that are being hired for a temporary working season. A lot of people do not fancy being a temporary worker because they are Always dumb at the end of the contract.. making them jobless again.

When a company or an organisation is going through many challenges , most especially money challenges , they prefer hiring workers on daily basis because they can't afford to keep them for a long time .

A senator in my country has also moved for the abolition of this kind of system. Here they are called casual workers. Things like this are Aimed at exploiting graduates without employing them.
I think there is usually an agreement between the two parties involved. If the worker agrees to work for some period of time, then he or she will be paid the specific amount of money. Undergraduates usually involves in these kind of jobs.

I think there is usually an agreement between the two parties involved. If the worker agrees to work for some period of time, then he or she will be paid the specific amount of money. Undergraduates usually involves in these kind of jobs.
They are now commonly referred to "contract workers". There are in almost every sector nowadays and they are paid as long as they remain contracted to the organization.

In my country, they are called contract staff. They are usually hired on temporary basis and can be made permanent later on. In small businesses where you can't hire full time staff, you can hire temporary provided they can do the job well.
Yes they only called them contract staff because they are not fully employ because them leave at any time the job is over, so this people only work for temporary, so their jobs does last longer.

I think the issue of temporary workers is beginning to become more clear to both companies and employees and you should expect that it is not going to stop anytime soon.

You should not expect a temporary worker to do everything that your full time staff members are doing. Just be stating their duties to them , and not expect so much from them.

They are now commonly referred to "contract workers". There are in almost every sector nowadays and they are paid as long as they remain contracted to the organization.
Yeah, such works is not permanent but at least, the amount of money paid is good. So you need to take, most people here are sounding as if being a contract workers does not make sense.

Well I know a little about the temporary staffs but I mostly see them in banks and if they are lucky they are sometimes retained to be permanent workers as time goes on
it is not only the banking sector that we normally have these sets of workers,innmost multinationals also there are lots of contract staff,that is because the company would not like a situstion where they have to spen lots of money settling severance benefits.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds