Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

The issue of the temporary worker

Sometimes i do not blame the companies at all because it is The state of the economy and you know it's cheaper to hire contract workers .

Advertisement Placeholder
Sometimes i do not blame the companies at all because it is The state of the economy and you know it's cheaper to hire contract workers .
The money the company are making on their business is not enough to take care of the company and that's why they decided to be using casual or temporary workers to support their business.

The issue with temporary workers is on many levels and reasons
1. Greed (This can come from the side of the company or boss not wanting to keep staffs because of pay and some of them could use that as a reason to sack or relive some staff there not paying them for either owed month or months.
2. People atimes don't want to work in a certain place for long but rather choose to be temp staff most especially when they observe the direction of the company does no look like the direction they are also facing or wanting to face

They are called Temps which means they are not regular employees who are qualified for benefits. The usual tenure of Temps is 5 months because a worker that stays with a company for 6 months is automatically considered a regular employee. Now the problem of the Temps is they are hired as temps to handle regular jobs like the fast food cashier or attendant. Temps are only for emergency positions. Until now that issue is pending although our president is for the abolition of the Temps category.
Well to me personally I really think that it's all depends on the in the company in question or in whom your are working temporarily with as not all company or working firm are same.

They are called Temps which means they are not regular employees who are qualified for benefits. The usual tenure of Temps is 5 months because a worker that stays with a company for 6 months is automatically considered a regular employee. Now the problem of the Temps is they are hired as temps to handle regular jobs like the fast food cashier or attendant. Temps are only for emergency positions. Until now that issue is pending although our president is for the abolition of the Temps category.
Yea it’s true but in some situations if you’re a good temporary worker, your contract can be turn to permanent one or you the company might be renewing your contract after every 5 months

Morale and employee relations issues can emerge when temps work alongside permanent employees for months, doing the same job and putting in the same hours, but not receiving the same perks as their permanent employee counterparts.

Well, believe me when I tell you that when you hire a criminal and let him work in your business organisation, they are capable of anything, to the extent of influencing the main staff to help them commit fraud.
In some companies, adhoc staff do not work in the main business complex, they are sometimes given given a special place to work for the period their contract will end. You will hardly see adhoc staff handling sensitive positions in any business organization.

Yea it’s true but in some situations if you’re a good temporary worker, your contract can be turn to permanent one or you the company might be renewing your contract after every 5 months
There are good temporary workers that works diligently without thinking of how to shy away from the work.and because most of them wish the employer can increase their time of working for the company.

In some companies, adhoc staff do not work in the main business complex, they are sometimes given given a special place to work for the period their contract will end. You will hardly see adhoc staff handling sensitive positions in any business organization.

Well in the situation whereby the adhoc staff can actually influence the main staff that are working for the company into stealing from the company's account then the situation is going to be very critical in the long run.

The way temporary or adhoc staff are hire in my country is more convenient because all conditions of engagement are stated , some temporary staff could stay up to 1 year while some spend days depending on the nature of the job
If this is the same way that temporary staffs or ad-hoc staffs, then I don't think that they will be anyone that will be complaining about the way that temporary stuffs are being treated in my country because believe me there's too many people that are complaining about the way most companies treat their temporary staffs.

Well in the situation whereby the adhoc staff can actually influence the main staff that are working for the company into stealing from the company's account then the situation is going to be very critical in the long run.
My point was that, it will be very difficult for adhoc staff to influence the company staff to steal as they are most times do not posted to sensitive position in an organisation. It is the staff that can influence an adhoc staff to steal.

My point was that, it will be very difficult for adhoc staff to influence the company staff to steal as they are most times do not posted to sensitive position in an organisation. It is the staff that can influence an adhoc staff to steal.

As far as I'm concerned, I believe that it goes both ways when it comes to who can influence who while working in the business organisation. It's all about who's more greedy.

Most companies employ temporary staff just to handle a particular job and once the job is completed, they company will relieves them of their jobs which might have been the agreement between them.

Don't know about your country man, but temporary workers in my country get special treatment. They are even treated better than citizens most times

The purpose of this paper is to introduce the special issue volume that examines a range of concerns, challenges and responses relating to temporary workers and human resource management HRM. Design methodology approach The paper highlights eight key research questions and describes the structure of the issue. The various articles investigate six main areas: the rationale for using temporary workers rather than permanent workers factors determining types of temporary work arrangements; the rationale for temp workers entering into temporary employment; the nature and extent of the relationship between TWAs and user firms the relationship between employment regulations and an organisation's labour use patterns of temporary workers and the HR challenges associated with ongoing and extensive use of temporary workers. Findings, Findings varied according to the main focus of each paper. It is evident however that no one perspective, public policy or organisational strategy is likely to fit all situations in relation to temporary work and HRM. Many differences exist in the skill levels of temp workers, their demographic characteristics and reasons for undertaking temp work. Likewise, as pointed out by many of the authors included in this volume, there are also differences within user firms with regard to their reasons for employing temps. Originality value there is a paucity of literature examining temporary work and HRM and this issue endeavours to fill that gap and may prompt further research.

I think this temps position was actually created just to pay low salary to workers and to exploit them because if not I don't see any reason why some one who wants to pay good money will hire some just for five months when they know they are qualified for the position

Yeah, there are some businesses that hire temporary workers to carry out a specific task in that company and after that the contract will be terminated but he or she can be rehired.

I think this temps position was actually created just to pay low salary to workers and to exploit them because if not I don't see any reason why some one who wants to pay good money will hire some just for five months when they know they are qualified for the position
That is also the argument of labor unions here that temps are there only to be abused by the employers. Temps are contractual workers for 5 months maximum. After that period they have no job anymore so they would apply to another company that will hire them as temps.

I think the president has made an executive order about abolishing this endo or end of contract of workers but I think there are still businesses that are not honoring this orders. I have heard of good news reports that because of what the president ordered there are workers who worked for 25 years as contractual were now made permanent employees.

Most companies employ temporary staff just to handle a particular job and once the job is completed, they company will relieves them of their jobs which might have been the agreement between them.
There are are some people who wouldn't mind to be a temporary worker for a business organization, I do not like to be a temporary worker in any way.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds