Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

The issue of the temporary worker

I have not heard of this type of Job before ,and if I am opportune to have such job , I will turn it down because it is a waste of time working just for five months and being unemployed later on

Advertisement Placeholder
In any country, work or business they must be temporary workers because they are hired for a specific purpose or some period of time and this is mostly when there is a lot of work to do and the number of the staff is not enough to carry out such duties.

Yes you are just stated in temporary worker is land what they do and they do not. This temporary workers do the work of the regular,they should be treated important

These are adhoc staff that work for a very short time most time between 6 months to 1 year but the good thing is that they are well paid.
This is true in some cases, most companies usually take good care of their temporary staff, so as to make their stay worthwhile. The only difference is that their pay is lesser than that of a permanent staffs. I have also seen cases whereby some temporary or contract staff are retained and moved to permanent staff because of how good they are in that field.

Nice, is really nice you have experience on so many things, I'm always constantly checking your comment because I've been learning one thing or the other from you, its nice, when are you coming over here to Nigeria to come and see us ?
I have always dreamed of traveling to Nigeria and knowing part of it, but it is not easy and even less now with the economic situation we are living in my country. Thank you for your words, we are here to learn from each other.

Exactly, they are just in there for the money that they are to be paid. There is no form of loyalty from them and they can easily commit fraud with your business and disappear.
It will be difficult for adhoc staff to commit fraud in a company as they are not always given sensitive positions in the organization when they employ them for short service.

The way temporary or adhoc staff are hire in my country is more convenient because all conditions of engagement are stated , some temporary staff could stay up to 1 year while some spend days depending on the nature of the job
Well I do not like the way temporary staffs are being hired and fired in my country or do they know that they are temporary staff but I do think that some of them should be absorbed into the company as permanent staff instead of them being discarded later on.

There are some organisation including the government established organization where they keep temporary staffs as temporary for even years without regularizing their employment because of corruption

They are called Temps which means they are not regular employees who are qualified for benefits. The usual tenure of Temps is 5 months because a worker that stays with a company for 6 months is automatically considered a regular employee. Now the problem of the Temps is they are hired as temps to handle regular jobs like the fast food cashier or attendant. Temps are only for emergency positions. Until now that issue is pending although our president is for the abolition of the Temps category.
I think that sometimes temp workers are a good thing because it can show a company the work ethic of a person before they offer them a full time and permanent position at the firm.

I think that sometimes temp workers are a good thing because it can show a company the work ethic of a person before they offer them a full time and permanent position at the firm.
Actually in my country even the permanent workers are usually on probation for like 2 years before they are confirmed permanent.

There are some organisation including the government established organization where they keep temporary staffs as temporary for even years without regularizing their employment because of corruption
You are right, I Have seen people work has a part-time teachers in government public schools for years in my country without being employed. This is even the most painful part when the government that is suppose to fight against the long use of people for temporary jobs for years without employing them is guilty of the same crime.

I think temporary worker depend the can of work you are doing that will show how the workers need to work, because I believe temporary worker I will never receive pension.

Some organization have been using the casual workers as a way to encourage a very high rate of corruption. They will not employ new intakes as was planned but keep using the casual workers who will not be paid a normal salary of a full staff.

It will be difficult for adhoc staff to commit fraud in a company as they are not always given sensitive positions in the organization when they employ them for short service.

Well, believe me when I tell you that when you hire a criminal and let him work in your business organisation, they are capable of anything, to the extent of influencing the main staff to help them commit fraud.

In my country, we called temporary workers adhoc staffs and they can work till their services is no longer needed ranging from three months to a year or two depending on the job.
They are called Temps which means they are not regular employees who are qualified for benefits. The usual tenure of Temps is 5 months because a worker that stays with a company for 6 months is automatically considered a regular employee. Now the problem of the Temps is they are hired as temps to handle regular jobs like the fast food cashier or attendant. Temps are only for emergency positions. Until now that issue is pending although our president is for the abolition of the Temps category.

If I may ask, which country are you writing from? Your president at least is showing concern in my country the government is busy thinking of ways to embezzle

If I may ask, which country are you writing from? Your president at least is showing concern in my country the government is busy thinking of ways to embezzle
I live in the Philippines and we have labor laws for the protection of workers. However, there are industries that are neglected like the teachers and nurses here. With the temps there are still companies that can evade the law on permanent hiring.

I live in the Philippines and we have labor laws for the protection of workers. However, there are industries that are neglected like the teachers and nurses here. With the temps there are still companies that can evade the law on permanent hiring.
Let me just say that temps are a global something because it is a good way to cut cost and expenses for an organization and the government knows that which is why most of them are silent, so I think yours is better for even showing face.

That is right. I have seen people being employed as temporary workers by they end up working there parmanently. Sometimes, companies employ contract workers but if production continues being high, they allow them to renew their contract.

These are adhoc staff that work for a very short time most time between 6 months to 1 year but the good thing is that they are well paid.
When is show of a temporary worker is that he is not consistent in his work and he can go at any time is better to have a permanent staff than a temporary staff.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds