Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

The issue of the temporary worker

Temporary workers are so common in my country too. In fact, I am currently a temporary worker in a certain flower company. I plan on staying there for three or four months in which I will be renewing the contract monthly.

Advertisement Placeholder
These are adhoc staff that work for a very short time most time between 6 months to 1 year but the good thing is that they are well paid.
Yes, the government is giving really good salary, much more than a salary of high school teacher in a community school.

Yes, the government is giving really good salary, much more than a salary of high school teacher in a community school.
They pay good salary no doubt because the job lifespan is short unlike government job that is for life or till retirement age.

They pay good salary no doubt because the job lifespan is short unlike government job that is for life or till retirement age.
There are even some private schools that hire temporary teachers . We call them part time teachers , while some building construction companies also hires temporary workers to work on their sites.

Government's job also pay better. You are not only entitled for better salary but also provident funds and retirement funds.

Government's job also pay better. You are not only entitled for better salary but also provident funds and retirement funds.
Even in my next world if their is any, I'll choose government kind of job over private type. The government type is full of benefits, benefits that stays till lifetime

In our country, some temporary works for lifetime with no pension plan and provident funds. They are initially employed for 6-12 months, but continue working for 20 plus years.
You say they start without retirement and pension benefits. They start as temporary workers and last 20 years without such benefits? In other words, they go through life without the hope of receiving their pension?

Yes, that's the case. Since the government is always in short of funds, it cannot make all temporary workers permanent. Unless they are permanent, they are not entitled for benefits.

In a private organization, there is no provision of making employees permanent. This only applies to government positions.

Yes, that's the case. Since the government is always in short of funds, it cannot make all temporary workers permanent. Unless they are permanent, they are not entitled for benefits.
It is unbelievable that they can keep a staff for so many years without the corresponding benefits. It is unfortunate that they take advantage of people who need employment, to keep them for years and years without the hope of receiving benefits in the future.

they are called temporary because they are not to be there as they are been employed. you can now decide to make them not to be temporary due to how they work and how they are to work. many managers get their workers through temporary works.

One major issue of a temporary worker is that they can leave at any time,they are working time is not guaranteed so we did you know that anytime soon they might leave.

One major issue of a temporary worker is that they can leave at any time,they are working time is not guaranteed so we did you know that anytime soon they might leave.
what is the more reason why they are job or task shouldn't be something very sensitive and something very important in your business so that the turning Point that if you can easily replace them.

It is called contract staff or adhoc staff in my country and they are not to be regarded as normal workers. They have specific number of days to work and they also have specified payment for the work done.

This kind of job offer is an interim job type. Where the cashier, or fast food attendant, work in a temporary term maybe the business ousted the main worker and installed another in an interim basis, to see his or her input before making it full-time.

Temporary workers to my observations most of them gave not been lucky at all in the place of temporary appointments due to some instances either to the lack of qualifications, lack of godfathers to some organisations, and then at all luck.

This kind of task is an interim one, a person can be selected to feel the void of an axed employee in an interim basis pending when the company or business will deem it fit to offer the gig full-time.

There's no particularly issue I feel like the only issue could be the short period of time they will be working for an organization

Is my country this is possible because you can hire some people to work for you for a particular month or even a few months and it also depends on the agreement is that is being made between the two parties, but sometimes if the temporary employers is perfect then it should be used as an official worker in an organisation.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds