Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Teaching is an easily available job, do you agree?

I have worked with public school for about four years before I left last year. Graduate teachers in my state earn around N58k as monthly salary some states pays as low as 25k for graduate teachers in primary schools and this is 100% confirmed.
Hmm, at times too it depends on state which the teachers are teaching. Here in my own state, the lowest the state government pays to a civil.teacher is N60k.

Advertisement Placeholder
Hmm, at times too it depends on state which the teachers are teaching. Here in my own state, the lowest the state government pays to a civil.teacher is N60k.
That is correct. Some states pays their teachers close to 80k but when you look at the economy situation in this country, you will realize that a graduate public school teacher should not earn less than N150k in a month.

Teaching is very easy to get no doubt and I think this is as a result of the fact that it's not easy to get office jobs in tye world economy right now that is why you see a lot of graduate resorting to take teaching jobs

Yes I do strongly believe that teaching is and has also become a readily available job because since not everybody can be accepted into the normal School teaching process, most people take up home teaching instead

Unfortunately, teaching job is undervalued among lot of countries and the salary is poor, until you are not an university teacher/professor. But in this case, at least in the countries I know, you need a PhD (in my current country a postgrad is still enough, but due to the fierce competence, whoever owns a PhD would overcome and get the job). And getting a PhD is very, very shamefully expensive. Even among the studying for free Mercosur countries, education is free only up to degree. And apart of the expenses for fees, books and tuition, it's very desirable you won't work until finishing the PHD, what it's pretty impossible for family men and women who must rely on their salaries to live. You need to have at least a bourgeois family, if not rich, supporting you to study PHD level.
Teaching can be an easy job but it requires your talent because it is not only your educational quality that enables you to impact knowledge most people know and they cannot impact.

Yes, if you are teaching the children then it means no pressure unless you're teaching adults for the first time that's when you'll feel the pressure first time.
I believe teaching is one of the most simplest employment over here but the payment rate is actually low and some people may not be able to manage it as the only source of income.

I believe teaching is one of the most simplest employment over here but the payment rate is actually low and some people may not be able to manage it as the only source of income.
Yes, payment makes it dissatisfying indeed. You'll spend your time enough and at the end you're earning very minimal amount of money.

To get a discreet salary out of being university professors, the ideal countries are the European ones, north America and maybe Australia and New Zealand too. But to become teachers among some top tier countries, it's not that easy. For ex., in Italy people currently need to study along 8 years after high school. And there are 3 years of stages. It's like studying medicine, that's 6 years of university degree and then at least a biennial postgraduate course.

Yes, payment makes it dissatisfying indeed. You'll spend your time enough and at the end you're earning very minimal amount of money.
If you're getting a job from a private school then obviously your payments will be so low,if it is a government work you will be paid the minimum wage of the country which will be something.

If you're getting a job from a private school then obviously your payments will be so low,if it is a government work you will be paid the minimum wage of the country which will be something.
Yes, working in the private school sector is very poor, and the salary they'll offer is simply low, the government owned school is the best.

Yes, working in the private school sector is very poor, and the salary they'll offer is simply low, the government owned school is the best.
A lot of people are really interested in working for the government because when you work for the government you are sure of constant pension after retirement for feeding.

I agree with this because teaching is the most easy job to get now adays if you have your NCE certificate

I have never worked in a school, however, I have worked as a home tutor teaching kids between the age of 5-15 years. I have been offered teaching jobs numerous times, however, I have never taken interest because I am still at college and I do not want to hamper my studies.
To be very honest with you teaching is one job that is very much available even while I was in college I do run tutorial for kids but the issue is that the pay is very low and the kids will want to frastrate your life

Well you could say that but location also matters, it isn't necessarily so everywhere although teaching is a common profession that is available and needed almost everywhere
Even in rural areas, teaching is becoming a good profession since everyone would like to educate their children at least to read and write English, that's one of the reasons the government keeps deploying eligible youths to villages.

A lot of people are really interested in working for the government because when you work for the government you are sure of constant pension after retirement for feeding.
Yes, that long retirement benefits us what really enticed people going into government kind of job. Not every private institutions can offer that.

Yes I do strongly believe that teaching is and has also become a readily available job because since not everybody can be accepted into the normal School teaching process, most people take up home teaching instead
You are right. A teacher in a public school needs a license while a teacher in a private school is required of a diploma on a teaching degree. What we can do is to work as a tutor like some of my friends who are teaching scriptwriting via distant method. That is not easy money but good money to earn.

Getting an online teaching gig is very much better, than teaching in the high school private school gig. Cos the pay rate you'll get teaching online will be better than the offline private school type.

Unfortunately, teaching job is undervalued among lot of countries and the salary is poor, until you are not an university teacher/professor. But in this case, at least in the countries I know, you need a PhD (in my current country a postgrad is still enough, but due to the fierce competence, whoever owns a PhD would overcome and get the job). And getting a PhD is very, very shamefully expensive. Even among the studying for free Mercosur countries, education is free only up to degree. And apart of the expenses for fees, books and tuition, it's very desirable you won't work until finishing the PHD, what it's pretty impossible for family men and women who must rely on their salaries to live. You need to have at least a bourgeois family, if not rich, supporting you to study PHD level.
Yes I agree that teaching is an easy job but most times it will be difficult if you do not have the skills of imparting knowledge or have the gift of teaching.

Yes in my country it is a readily available job and I guess that's why teachers are underpaid and undermined for a job that's not easy
Even here in my country they are underpaid that's what make a lot of people to lose interest in the job and be trying to find a white collar jobs.

Yeah. Teaching is an easy job to find. Upon completion of University education, I couldn't just sit at home and do nothing. So I had to apply for some teaching jobs which I got easily

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds