Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Social Lounge

Advertisement Placeholder
What are your plans for today?
I have no specific plans for today, but tomorrow I'll be taking my dad to his knee doctor for a checkup and we're probably going to meet my mom somewhere and she's going to look for a new car. She already has one in mind that she wants, but she wants to get a physical look at it. I'm sure we'll be eating out tomorrow too, one of my favorite parts of taking trips sometimes.

Good evening everyone! I got my Retro Game Treasure box in the mail today, but unfortunately for the second month in a row I got a duplicate game. :\ I reached out to their customer support, and now I'm thinking about maybe switching to a different subscription box called Video Games Monthly. I haven't decided yet though if I'm going to do that yet.

Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope everyone's week is going great! Halfway to the weekend!

Wednesday Hump Day GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021

I got a email back from the owner of Retro Game Treasure, and it turns out they changed their wish list system a bit which is probably why I got the duplicates since both games were on my wish list lol. I'll be keeping my subscription for now and will be getting a extra game next month. I just need to update my wish list.

I have no specific plans for today, but tomorrow I'll be taking my dad to his knee doctor for a checkup and we're probably going to meet my mom somewhere and she's going to look for a new car. She already has one in mind that she wants, but she wants to get a physical look at it. I'm sure we'll be eating out tomorrow too, one of my favorite parts of taking trips sometimes.

My better 1/2 was excited that our son got his new 4Runner... and she commented that she was looking forward to getting her a hybrid RAV4 (she has a hybrid 2019 Toyota Camry with 32K on the clock). I asked her if she REALLY wanted to go back into debt for a vehicle since the one she has now will probably last her until she isn't driving any more. Her complaint had been because it was hard to get in/out of because of her knees. She's got 1 new knee (and is scheduled for the other one) now and she's getting around a LOT better.
We had an agreement that for big purchases we had to have justification for them... she couldn't give any other than "I wanted it"... so it's off the purchase selection currently. I had better justification for a 1 ton 4WD truck than her RAV4 want... and I am not pushing the bigger truck.
Since we are in our mid/upper 60's I explained to her we really didn't want to go back into getting into deep debt since we are pretty much debt free currently and at the best we have 5-15 years ahead of us.... and at the rate we put miles on the vehicles it was hard to justify a new one.

Last edited:
My better 1/2 was excited that our son got his new 4Runner... and she commented that she was looking forward to getting her a hybrid RAV4 (she has a hybrid 2019 Toyota Camry with 32K on the clock). I asked her if she REALLY wanted to go back into debt for a vehicle since the one she has now will probably last her until she isn't driving any more. Her complaint had been because it was hard to get in/out of because of her knees. She's got 1 new knee (and is scheduled for the other one) now and she's getting around a LOT better.
We had an agreement that for big purchases we had to have justification for them... she couldn't give any other than "I wanted it"... so it's off the purchase selection currently. I had better justification for a 1 ton 4WD truck than her RAV4 want... and I am not pushing the bigger truck.
Since we are in our mid/upper 60's I explained to her we really didn't want to go back into getting into deep debt since we are pretty much debt free currently and at the best we have 5-15 years ahead of us.... and at the rate we put miles on the vehicles it was hard to justify a new one.
I'm in a similar situation where I "want" to eat out more and occasionally splurge on things I want, but my bills have recently gone up and I don't have the money for that. After our vacation in August, I'm looking to find a second job. I don't have a whole lot of experience, I've only been in the food and retail industry, so those are the only types of jobs I can think to attend.

I had to buy a new car because my other car had to be totaled due to there being too many things wrong with it. My mom had quite a few things wrong with her car too. She got a lot less for her old car than I did because she had trade-in value while I got money from insurance.

Thank god it's my weekend now, this has been a week from hell. It dragged on and Tuesday was terrible. I made a thread about it over on my forum. That's where I've been posting about my personal things. I should invest in getting Woltlab's blogging system lol, or just open up a Wordpress blog but eh I kind of prefer to have my blog on Thee Zone.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds