Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should Staff Work More Than They Are Paid?

Yes a staff can decide to work more than what is being paid it might be stressful but all this effort will be rewarded if not in the same company recommendation can even come from other people that have seen what he or she has done. This type of effort /hardwork prepare someone for a greater opportunity
Most times what employees don't understand is that whatever responsibility the are given is an oppuortunity to grow and shoul not be taken for granted,irrespective of pay,becaues pay is actually important and you cannot place an actual tag on a particular job.so for your own good and growth you approach it as a developmental step on the job

Advertisement Placeholder
If the company is generating a lot of money, there is no point on working more than what the staff are paid, however, if the company is not earning much, the staff should work more

The truth is most staff work more than their been paid, when you are talking on the remuneration if most staff, it's a bit lower comparing it with the work they perform, especially if that is their passion, you will discover that they put in more strength because that's what they love
Sometimes, it's your passion which drives you to do extra work. I have seen many of my colleagues who work very hard. And for that, they have good reputation in out company too. Hard work always pays off.

Unless its your personal choice, i dont think one should work more than he or she is being paid, or you just love working, that's why i said unless its your personal choice. If its not by choice, then your boss is abusing his authority
[automerge]1622225884[/automerge]
Even when it is not their passion, most staff still work more than they are being paid. It maybe due to poor working conditions, so much man power is required based on the fact that they have to do things manually
The truth is most staff work more than their been paid, when you are talking on the remuneration if most staff, it's a bit lower comparing it with the work they perform, especially if that is their passion, you will discover that they put in more strength because that's what they love

Last edited:
The job description of every staff Is spelled out the moment he gets a job in any company. This is usually directly proportional to the pay he receives and his certifications. However, is it appropriate for any staff in any business or company to be working more than he gets paid. Can he volunteer to do more that what was designed for him to do?
Working as an employee in a company deals with the time factors on how work is being done on the company , for example most staff always close by 4pm but when there's more work to be done, its neccesary the staff wait behind.

I don't think that it is proper for staff to work more than their pay I don't think is advisable, because you must work to your pay not more than pay.

The job description of every staff Is spelled out the moment he gets a job in any company. This is usually directly proportional to the pay he receives and his certifications. However, is it appropriate for any staff in any business or company to be working more than he gets paid. Can he volunteer to do more that what was designed for him to do?
Why would any staff choose to work more than they are paid? That is nothing but slavery of the highest order. Even any employer that proposes such is a thief and a bad person who is not meant to be a boss.

Nope. Except the staff decides to with overtime out of the goodness of their heart, I don't see why you should work beyond what your salary encompasses.

I have a different opinion on this important discussion. I know I am saying something that is not accepted openly but at least in marketing we never achieve 100%. There are two different reasons if you reach 100% which is hard to achieve in itself will increase your next target by management. Two- they think you could have done better but you stopped at your fixed target. So, I suggest achieve 90-95% of your target if you don't want to get your next target increased by 10-25%. You can achieve more if you're in a hurry to get your next raise or promotion.

It depends on the type of job that is involve. It necessary for every worker to put in his best to his job but he cannot overworked for what he is been paid for and it depends on the way you define "work more" which can means a lot of things.

People should not work more than what they are paid because it is not the best thing ,at least if they are working extra and you know it ,you really have to increase their salary for them to take care of the extra stress and time they have been putting in your business.

It depends on the kind of job and how the said staff is been appreciated or compensated for the job he does for the company. If the company he works for appreciate him in one way or the other, it will motivate the staff to always what to give it all his best for the company he works for.

May be my opinion will be astonished for some but I think he shouldn't . I don't like volunteer work for helping rich people .it is not a volunteer for me , it is making yourself exploited .

Of course the staff can volunteer to do more than he is been paid if he or she chooses to do that. But some employers simply make their staffs to work more than they are supposed to be paid most times in some business establishment

Of course the staff can volunteer to do more than he is been paid if he or she chooses to do that. But some employers simply make their staffs to work more than they are supposed to be paid most times in some business establishment
Yeah , if it is voluntarily then it is something good but if the employee made it in such a way , then it is not just bad but also uncalled for . Their pay should be in line with their work.

No, they should not. You should be paid accordingly to the efforts ypu put into. I really do not think that even bosses should make their workers work more than they are required to work and they should be given work accordingly to the wages or salaries they are being paid.

It's always good to give your best at work place. Whatever duties assigned, must be carried out diligently and very well too. Moreover, if your boss seeks your assistance on duties outside yours , don't hesitate to do it. It might pay on the long run

It's always good to give your best at work place. Whatever duties assigned, must be carried out diligently and very well too. Moreover, if your boss seeks your assistance on duties outside yours , don't hesitate to do it. It might pay on the long run
Some bosses abuses these privileges that employees offers the business sometimes. They will continue to use you without giving you the accolades that you deserves at work.

If the staff member is passionate about his or her role in the workplace, then it is possible to work more for the job he is offered, to justify that he or she is motivated more towards working.

If the staff member is passionate about his or her role in the workplace, then it is possible to work more for the job he is offered, to justify that he or she is motivated more towards working.
Motivation or being passionate about a particular work is not an opportunity for you to be exploited by any business organisation, you should be respected to only work the normal hour that is required daily and not overwork.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds