Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should Staff Work More Than They Are Paid?

If you have extra time to spare and you're not too tired you can decide to work extra hours, it will put you in the good books of your employer, but if you're someone that doesn't have extra time to spare and the work is stressful for you then you should work for the stipulated time in line with your job description.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes a staff can decide to work more than what is being paid it might be stressful but all this effort will be rewarded if not in the same company recommendation can even come from other people that have seen what he or she has done. This type of effort /hardwork prepare someone for a greater opportunity
They accepted failure is part of business and life as a whole, learned from it and continue their journey to success.
As an entrepreneur, we should know that success and failure are linked.

I have failed as an entrepreneur in the past and it wasn't easy to accept it

For me it is totally wrong for staffs to be working extra hours without getting paid for those hours. A lot of companies still do that which is not a good thing at all but I would advice start ups not to indulge in such.

If you are new to the workplace or the nature of the work, it'll be good to spend some extra hours in the workplace beacuse all this effort will be rewarded and to familar with anyone quickely and it will give you some extra experience

In my country, most staff work more than as it was bargain for, one person will be doing the job of three people, this happens in most sectors including the banking sector, that's actually wrong, in my opinion they should work as just expected.
What happens in your country is very bad. They exploit workers, abuse them and overload them with work. There should be a law that protects them in these cases, abuse of power. And the employee remains in the position out of financial need. In my country there are unions that solve these problems.

A large percentage of employers do exploit their employees especially in environments where the rate of unemployment is quite high. In sane climates, individuals should be paid by the number of hours he works.

In as much as workers should endeavor to work very hard for the progress of the company they work in , it is also advisable that they endeavor to avoid any form type of overload work ,because they need to maintain good health while trying to please the company

In business you never know what might occur and you can sometimes develop some unforseen circumstances that might require workers to work outside of their job description. In this case you should pay them for their extra work and not make them work more than they are paid.

No one wants to work more than what they are paid for. However, if you want your staff to work more than what you are paying, you will have to give them some valid reason to do so.

In as much as workers should endeavor to work very hard for the progress of the company they work in , it is also advisable that they endeavor to avoid any form type of overload work ,because they need to maintain good health while trying to please the company
What you have described is of utmost importance, the health of the employee as without it he/she will not be able to keep up with the work and its pace. If it is necessary to comply with the requirements of the company, there is also something that is overtime that must be canceled, as long as the employee accepts as it is not mandatory.

Concerning if staffs should work more than they are paid. Well, we have some staffs that are doing extra jobs or putting in extra labours to their pay because they either passionate about it or they expect a reward someday either cash or kind, so it is not actually bad to work more but it is better to do things moderately so that you don't crash out someday. If you know your jobs doesn't warrant you doing extra work, don't just bother, do what you are asked to do.

You don't employ people to suffer them, you employ them for them to assist you in what you can't do all alone
You should even pay them more when they are doing their job properly

They shouldn't do that ,but work accordingly to how they are been paid , over working themselves could be very stressful at the long run ,i dont support the idea

Whenever I employ someone into my company, I have what I tittle as a job description that contains everything that the employee is supposed to do at their times and if they do exactly that them that their job, I wouldn't even like employees to do more than the description.

No, I really do not believe that Staff should work more than they are paid. Unfortunately, this has been happening in many Tier 3 countries. Off shore companies hire people living in Tier 3 countries and make them work for small wages. This is a kind of unethical business, according to my opinion.

It is impossible to measure your work done with the monetary reward. Sometimes it is lower and some times, it is higher. The best is to only work according to the description of the work and don't try to impress.

In my opinion not only staff but in all the jobs it is wrong to volanteer and work for free for extra hours , the life is materialist so everything for money .

Working more than one gets paid should be by choice. Since the job description is spelt out, one should not be castigated for sticking to the script. But, in any organization, if a worker wants to get ahead fast he/she has to put in the extra work to gain more experience while forgetting the discrepancy between the amount of work he/she does and pay.

I have always been someone that put in my best effort in all I do, not considering if I gain from it. As an employee if you enjoy doing your job you would put in your best while working not really considering how much comes in.

Why should they work more than their paid it's definitely not well in a country where things are hard you don't need to stress out your self for nothing sake . Even the pay is still low.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds