Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should Staff Work More Than They Are Paid?

The situation of if a staff should work more than he or she is paid is not something that can be asked and answered well enough because in as much as there as to be a reason why someone will want to do much more for his or her company there also as to be a valid reason e.g maybe the company is treating the staff right that's why the staff as no issue with overworking.

Advertisement Placeholder
Motivation or being passionate about a particular work is not an opportunity for you to be exploited by any business organisation, you should be respected to only work the normal hour that is required daily and not overwork.
We should work based on our schedule and target for the day offline and online based on our healrh conditions. We shouldn't overwork our body.

Well i usually advise worker to work more than they are paid in other to earn the high pay they want or they are aiming for.

The job description of every staff Is spelled out the moment he gets a job in any company. This is usually directly proportional to the pay he receives and his certifications. However, is it appropriate for any staff in any business or company to be working more than he gets paid. Can he volunteer to do more that what was designed for him to do?
Well there’s nothing bad in staff working more than he gets paid for and it’s also appropriate if he’s not working more than he’s getting paid for.Some people are workaholic and they won’t be ok if they can’t work very well

That should not be how things are done in an ideal way, staff should endeavour to put in their best no matter how much they receive

We should work based on our schedule and target for the day offline and online based on our healrh conditions. We shouldn't overwork our body.
Yes that is what I was trying to say, any business organisation that is thinking of using me more than what they are paying me is not worth my time and I may not be able to work with them, because this can lead to stress and other health condition.

If the company is just starting and struggling to penetrate the market I think staff should work harder to make it a success. If the company succeeds, they can expec better pay

I don't think that it is right at all for a worker to do more work than they are paid for. It will be like you are just a laborer, you have a right to be paid proportionally to the work you do. Or given a bonus when you exceed the target.

Yes a staff can decide to work more than what is being paid it might be stressful but all this effort will be rewarded if not in the same company recommendation can even come from other people that have seen what he or she has done. This type of effort /hardwork prepare someone for a greater opportunity
eBay stuff should be working more than is being paid I think he definitely has a goal in his mind to achieve and that goal can make him or her to be promoted in his or her workplace as the owner of the business will definitely see the who create that he or she is putting it into the business.

This happens a lot the issue of workers working more than that allocated time and not getting compensated, I think compensation should be offered when this happens

The job description of every staff Is spelled out the moment he gets a job in any company. This is usually directly proportional to the pay he receives and his certifications. However, is it appropriate for any staff in any business or company to be working more than he gets paid. Can he volunteer to do more that what was designed for him to do?
I beleive in my country , most employee in a company works more than they are been paid and i am a living withness , i am into teaching and we earn peanuts while we are being used like a slave.

Working more than you are paid does not really make sense and of course I didn't anyone go to that condition in the sense that everyone value their time and time is money.

Every job that is being taken should at least come with a job description as I is not good for people to over work or work outside of their agreed job description.

Making staffs to work more than they are paid is another way of saying the employer is enslaving them. That is not proper to do

Yes that is what I was trying to say, any business organisation that is thinking of using me more than what they are paying me is not worth my time and I may not be able to work with them, because this can lead to stress and other health condition.
That's not worth our time at all, we are meant to be treated well, and pay reasonably for the task we do and not over using us cos we aren't robots.

That's not worth our time at all, we are meant to be treated well, and pay reasonably for the task we do and not over using us cos we aren't robots.
Even if they're paying us well ,we should not even overwork our body and if they think they actually need more energy and workforce ,they should think of employing more people, stress is not good for the body in any way.

Even if they're paying us well ,we should not even overwork our body and if they think they actually need more energy and workforce ,they should think of employing more people, stress is not good for the body in any way.
Stress is never a good thing in the body. The money isn't all that matters on our life , our health comes first cos the health worth more than billion $$.

Yes a staff can decide to work more than what is being paid it might be stressful but all this effort will be rewarded if not in the same company recommendation can even come from other people that have seen what he or she has done. This type of effort /hardwork prepare someone for a greater opportunity
I believe staff can sometimes works than what they are paid , I beleive there are times when we have to overwork in a company but its not every time of the day, but whenever the duty warrants it.

Stress is never a good thing in the body. The money isn't all that matters on our life , our health comes first cos the health worth more than billion $$.
Yes we really need to be careful with our health because there are some diseases that can make it very difficult for us to recover, when there is a good health we are likely to make it and achieve whatever we need in life.

The evidence that higher wages attract more high quality applicants for new jobs is voluminous. Moreover, the first firm to offer higher wages is more likely to attract and retain more productive workers. Higher wages lead to lower turnover, reducing the costs of hiring and training new workers.
One thing that I believe in the place of work is that if you put in so much effort in doing your job without looking at any other thing then there is a big chance that the manager of the business may notice your effort and he or she will reward your efforts with promotion or bonuses.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds