Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should Staff Work More Than They Are Paid?

I don't think staff will work more than they pay because is not a good idea to make someone work more the pay he or she is receiving.

Advertisement Placeholder
The job description of every staff Is spelled out the moment he gets a job in any company. This is usually directly proportional to the pay he receives and his certifications. However, is it appropriate for any staff in any business or company to be working more than he gets paid. Can he volunteer to do more that what was designed for him to do?

Seriously, it's something that is very wrong even in the sight of God. Someone shouldn't work like an elephant 🐘 and end up with eating like an ant 🐜.

Asma is curable. Who told you it isn't curable? You'll cure it completely during its day stage. Don't allow it develop with in you for long time.
Well the person who has the asthma is about 30 year old, I don't know how long he started having the asthma, I just believe maybe at the age of 30 is not still late if he still need to cure it as you said.
[automerge]1627351564[/automerge]
Medically they said it is incurable

I don’t think it ever hurts to do a little extra. If you’re working for a company and you’re part of a team, and you see an opportunity to promote the business, help the business, draw in more clients, I say do it. You’re helping the company as a whole, and you are part of the whole, whether you earn actual money or not, you are still earning.

I don't think staff will work more than they pay because is not a good idea to make someone work more the pay he or she is receiving.
I know that it is not a good idea, but the circumstances become like this. The workload maybe sometime more than usual, when everyone including the manager also have to work more than their stipulated time. Such things are usually in private jobs.

Everything should be moderate, staff should be paid according to their works. This will enhance efficiency in the work and also brings about good competition among staff to work more
The job description of every staff Is spelled out the moment he gets a job in any company. This is usually directly proportional to the pay he receives and his certifications. However, is it appropriate for any staff in any business or company to be working more than he gets paid. Can he volunteer to do more that what was designed for him to do?

I don't think it's really good for staff to work for more than they get paid on. As an employee, you really need to pay your staff based on the number of work they do in your organization and you must make sure that you are not over using them

Of course the staff can volunteer to do more than he is been paid if he or she chooses to do that. But some employers simply make their staffs to work more than they are supposed to be paid most times in some business establishment
When your employer makes you to work more than you are been paid for, it is expected of him to compensate you for the extra hours through bonuses or allowance.

Well the person who has the asthma is about 30 year old, I don't know how long he started having the asthma, I just believe maybe at the age of 30 is not still late if he still need to cure it as you said.
[automerge]1627351564[/automerge]
Medically they said it is incurable
It depends on the time he or she contracted it. Of its a recent asthma ranging from 1-6 months it can be prevented from maturing. I can't cure an asthma patient that has stayed with it for more than one year. He needs asthma preventive measure, to curb the pressure when congestion hit him or her.

It depends on the staff , if you are given bonus and other additional benefit in your workplace then you could work more than you are paid , because it will increase your passion

As long as it's not a habit, and workers aren't forced to stay overtime for long. I think it should also be asked of before the day even begins, because I am not a fan of people waiting until the last minute to ask to stay overtime. Also, when it comes to working overtime, you should be getting overtime pay. If you don't get paid extra for working overtime, then you have no obligation to stay late after work.

If you want to get promoted faster your place of work you must be ready to go extra mile so as to get noticed for better opportunity. These are voice only works in a company run by intelligent people. If you go extra mile for morons you are going to have yourself to be played at the end of the day for overworking yourself.

It depends on the time he or she contracted it. Of its a recent asthma ranging from 1-6 months it can be prevented from maturing. I can't cure an asthma patient that has stayed with it for more than one year. He needs asthma preventive measure, to curb the pressure when congestion hit him or her.
Well sometimes, I dont always see him as asthmatic patient because he has control his asthma to a point that he doesn't even have any attack,he is not even using the inhaler ,i only know him as asthmatic that is all

A staff earning less than the work he or she is rendering is not a good idea to me as it may cause the said company or organization to lose workers. Apart from that, everyone should be able to keep to his or her own side of an agreement. But in the case the staff volunteers to work more than the earning, then I don't see any problem with that. That is my opinion.

As long as it's not a habit, and workers aren't forced to stay overtime for long. I think it should also be asked of before the day even begins, because I am not a fan of people waiting until the last minute to ask to stay overtime. Also, when it comes to working overtime, you should be getting overtime pay. If you don't get paid extra for working overtime, then you have no obligation to stay late after work.
I do understand that some people do it intentionally. But if the requirement of work is such that you have to work on your working schedule, then I think you should go for it. After all, you will get some extra incentives also.

No I'm not in support where a staff works more than they paid because, they are put in an extra energy and they should be given an extra money so if you are winning that your staff will be working more than you have been paid then there must be a tips around that would serve as motivation for them after the working for a long period of time which is not part of there deal

This is not a good decision for staff to work more than they are paid because it's it will make then fell not appreciated and this will weary them a lot.

Well sometimes, I dont always see him as asthmatic patient because he has control his asthma to a point that he doesn't even have any attack,he is not even using the inhaler ,i only know him as asthmatic that is all
Laughs, you're amusing me. Then it means his health isn't on any fringes at the moment, its on balanced condition. Maybe the asthma isn't up to its latency.

It all depends on the individual we are reffering to here. I personally would do not than i am paid for, so long I for the greater good.

Honestly no it shouldn't but unfortunately that's what is obtainable now. Employers actually get people to work under them with a pay that is not equating with the work expected of the staff it's actually advisable to check the contract of any job you're applying for, if you can cope all the best.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds