Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should Employee pay for damages?

If I have a lucrative business, I'll have those that will be monitoring everything around the business on case anyone falters they'll get such person to me and he or she will face the penalty. My business motto will be operation be careful.
Lolz, even those people that will be monitoring your business must be trusted individuals because they can easily be carried away and indulge in what other people are doing.

Advertisement Placeholder
It does not really make sense to ask employees to pay for damages especially when they are not at fault but it is also important for employees to be very careful.

If a worker unintentionally ruptures or even problems devices, you can't need him to spend for substitute devices. Mishaps occur. The damages should be actually dealt with as an overhead. You can easily just need a worker to spend for harmed devices, if the damages is actually performed on function or even action of carelessness

Lolz, even those people that will be monitoring your business must be trusted individuals because they can easily be carried away and indulge in what other people are doing.
Yes, only few can be said to stay focus and deliver what is expected until the return of the owner in the future. Many are simply looking for their own benefits and not for the business long time success.

It is expected that the employee should be the one to pay for the damage that has been done any business organisation, if the damage is minor I think the company should just overlook it and move on.

There are companies that make you sign an agreement regarding issues like this, so at least you know what you are getting into, there are some even regarding your own health, stating if you get into an accident in the work environment, the company is not to be held responsible, so I believe the individual should be aware about the condition he or she will be working in.

This one goes down to individual managing the business but to me if an employee should damage anything as a result of accident he or she should not pay for it because bit was not intensionally.

Write your reply... should employee pay for damage yes employee should pay for damage in case of causing the damage.

There are different damage. There big and small damages, there are normal damages that is common that will occur once in a while. That kind of damage requires no punishment

Yes it is a stipulation in some organizations that employees will have to pay for any damages caused on any company property in the cause of discharging their duties. It's still a fair thing just make sure everyone is careful and not careless

We all know that accident happens, if an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, will you require him to pay for replacement equipment? Some workers may purposely damage equipment, or out of gross negligence. Since you may not actually know if the damage is done on purpose or not, will you allow them pay for the damages be it on purpose or accidentally?
From small I was taught that if there is something you wouldn't like someone to do to you don't do it to someone and that I should always treat someone else property as my own property with these teachings I don't think anyone would like to deliberately spoil someone's working tools

Whether the employee should pay for the damages or not should depend on the amount of damages done by the employee. If the amount is huge, the company cannot afford to pay for the damages.

I believe that an employee should just be considered when they have done a little minor offence and they should not be used against them because naturally we are prone to be making mistake.

Human are just too funny if you are lineart with them,some will appreciate it,while some will take it for granted,if you do not place a rule and abide by it the some other day another thing will get damge and it will be tag I did it mistakenly,and money goes out for it's repair

It does not really make sense to ask employees to pay for damages especially when they are not at fault but it is also important for employees to be very careful.
I accept with you employee need to be careful,but on top of that I think its depend on the organization you are working with,some organization will demand for this while others cover the cost of the damages

Well this depends on the duty and rules of each section. Except in natural disaster where circumstances are overlooked staffs should be tasked to pay for damages

It depends on the employee's result of action towards the damage. If it was warned afore time against it and you get involved out of disobedience, sure pay for the damage.

If it's established that the company will be taking care of damages, I stand to be corrected, some damages may be intentional. As such policy on this be established.

I believe that if the damage is too high, then an employee should pay for it. It all depends on the kind of damage done. Unfortunately, some employee damage the reputation of the company and this can never be compensated by the employee.

Depending on the company the management can look into the case, if it's demanding the employee will pay but if it's overlooked he goes Scot free. So it depends on the management.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds