Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should Employee pay for damages?

I dont think its right for employees to pay for damages. As far as i know this song act can weaken the motivation of the employee and can make them be unproductive to the company.
Also if they are not punished because they made some mistakes then it will be difficult for them to improve. They need to be cautioned with punishment at some instances

Advertisement Placeholder
As for me this will depend on a lot of actors. If the loss is down to an employee's negligence or carelessness then I think it will only be proper that they contribute to the replacement of what they destroyed.

I don't think employees should be forced to pay for damages if it were done mistakenly. However, if the damage was done wilfully or out of negligence, the cost should be deducted from the culprit wages.

For an employees to pay for damages depends on the rules and regulations guiding the business and how huge the damage done or caused by an employee.

I think they should, but it should depend on the level of the damage. We are all humans and we are prune to make mistakes.

Well,if the damage was done by accident, there's no need forcing the worker to pay for the damage though you can still sanction him to serve as a warning. However, the worker must pay for damage if he did it out of negligence.

They should be held responsible for that. Unless the company or business entrepreneur sees no much destruction made by the employee.

One can actually see a very great and stiff difference in policies regarding this between government and privately owned organization. Is is obvious that the private will favor paying for damages if employees cause damages

Some companies have the rules and regulations guiding them. Some private institution make out rules in such a way that their employees have to adhere to them no matter what

Some companies have the rules and regulations guiding them. Some private institution make out rules in such a way that their employees have to adhere to them no matter what
True but there are rules that are quite harsh and unprofessional especially when it comes to who takes care of damaged materials and equipment when working. If the damage wasn't done international , then the worker should be held responsible for it.

If an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, you cannot require him to pay for replacement equipment. Accidents happen. The damage must be treated as a business expense. You can only require an employee to pay for damaged equipment, if the damage is done on purpose or because of gross negligence.
It is never right in an organisation for an employee to pay for damaged equipment or maybe any damages that may occur this is because most times it might be an accident.

Workers should be very careful the way they handle equipment in the working environment but I think in a case of accident the workers should not pay for damages.

Also if they are not punished because they made some mistakes then it will be difficult for them to improve. They need to be cautioned with punishment at some instances
I think your correct too. Because people are from very different backgrounds. Some people are not as cultured as others and might see this as a way to cause more damage

They should be held responsible for that. Unless the company or business entrepreneur sees no much destruction made by the employee.
Well for me i think minor damages done by an employee in a business organisation should be overlook, it could be because of accident or one reason,or could be the other.

Well for me i think minor damages done by an employee in a business organisation should be overlook, it could be because of accident or one reason,or could be the other.
They shouldn't overlook anything, damage is damage. Of they don't address it well, they'll still go on and keep damaging in the name of minor damages.

They shouldn't overlook anything, damage is damage. Of they don't address it well, they'll still go on and keep damaging in the name of minor damages.
If they have done it once ,there is no need for addressing because it may not really be necessary, you can threaten them with suspension if they repeated what they have just done again next time.

If there is a damage to any equipment by the employee in the cause of their official work they ought not to be ask to pay for any damages,the cost should be borne by the company.

Accidents do happen. It can happen to anybody. The degree of damages should be what should make the employee pay for the damages and not just any damages like that. If the worth is something substantial, the they should pay for it

Accidents do happen. It can happen to anybody. The degree of damages should be what should make the employee pay for the damages and not just any damages like that. If the worth is something substantial, the they should pay for it
True, I have seen some cases whereby some damages are overlooked, why some are deducted from the salary of the offender, so like you said, it depends on the level of damage and on what ground the damage took place.

I don't think it will be good if the course of the damage is deducted from his salary what is good to be done is to investigate and see if the did it deliberately or not before action with be taken.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds