Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should Employee pay for damages?

Personally I would not require my employees to pay for damaged equipment at work because the business can cover the losses incurred in the damaged equipment.
Also the employee might have accidentally broke the equipment while at work.
For me this will depend on the damage . what if this really cost so much , what will be the best way to handle such a situation ? And also if this was as a result of the employee's carelessness

Advertisement Placeholder
Sometimes you may find that the cost of the damaged equipment is much higher than the salary of a worker.
So engaging an employee to pay for it it's like adding a burden unto them.
I think a relevant insurance coverage can do it best

The cost of damages should be deducted from employees monthly salary. I see nothing bad in it. I mean everyone should be responsible for each of their actions either intentional or by mistakes .
Yes if it is accidentally I don't think him / she can pay back the damage because he didn't purposely do it, that is why is very important to be very careful whenever we found ourselves working so not to damage things.
The cost of damages should be deducted from employees monthly salary. I see nothing bad in it. I mean everyone should be responsible for each of their actions either intentional or by mistakes .
Yes if it is accidentally I don't think him / she can pay back the damage because he didn't purposely do it, that is why is very important to be very careful whenever we found ourselves working so not to damage things.

Employees paying for damage depends on the guidelines or set principles of the organization,if it was spelt out that such stuff if broken should be paid by the employee then it should stand.

Actually damages are into categories and what situation such accident came to be. There are so damages that are fonr intentional and such needed to be punished or ask them to pay.

I do not think anyone intentionally damages the office's properties. Damages occur because of accidents. Therefore, I do not think it is right to make employees pay for the damages. However, sometimes damages are really high and I believe in a situation like this the company can make the employe pay for no more than 50 percent.

I do not think anyone intentionally damages the office's properties. Damages occur because of accidents. Therefore, I do not think it is right to make employees pay for the damages. However, sometimes damages are really high and I believe in a situation like this the company can make the employe pay for no more than 50 percent.
In some cases the company is in hard money situation this means could not pay for the damage itself, the case you are talking about is when company is making profits and there is no debt while it will not be the case for the big majority of companies that runs with a bank loans and have to pay for the interest and there is other companies that requires a lot of money from it so it differs.

Well, it is understood that some companies are not making ample profits to cover the damages done by the staff but why should a staff also suffer because of accidental damages. The staff might also not be able to pay for the damages if he is already suffering from finances. I think both parties covering the damages could be a better solution.

Well, it is understood that some companies are not making ample profits to cover the damages done by the staff but why should a staff also suffer because of accidental damages. The staff might also not be able to pay for the damages if he is already suffering from finances. I think both parties covering the damages could be a better solution.

That is correct. The company should understand when it is an accident and show some emotional intelligence on how the matter is handled. However, most companies care less about the staff members and focus more on how much they are making as profits and nothing more.

That is correct. The company should understand when it is an accident and show some emotional intelligence on how the matter is handled. However, most companies care less about the staff members and focus more on how much they are making as profits and nothing more.

I believe that whenever it is as a result of an accident that the company's property was damaged in the process, it should be understood that an employee would never intentionally want to cause the company to experience loss. On this note, they should try as much as possible to handle things in a way that it will be humane for the worker.

Sadly, there are companies that, despite making ample profits, make the staff pay for the damages caused by the staff, even when the damage is unintentional. They try to plead their case by saying if the staff are made to pay for the damages, they will be more careful in the future and will not repeat the mistake.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds