Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should Employee pay for damages?

It depends on the type of damage, if it's caused by the employee, then it's just a normal thing that the employee should pay for the damages but if it's an accident due to nature of job then the company should be responsible.

Advertisement Placeholder
The cost of damages should be deducted from employees monthly salary. I see nothing bad in it. I mean everyone should be responsible for each of their actions either intentional or by mistakes .
I also the cost of damages should be deducted from the workers only if the property damaged is costly , but I believe the manager or the owner of the company should wave any small damage done.

If they have done it once ,there is no need for addressing because it may not really be necessary, you can threaten them with suspension if they repeated what they have just done again next time.
That's okay, but I'm strict when it comes to destroying any of my business property big or small. The essence of it, is that, they don't do it freely cos they knew you won't do anything due to act of being weak. But when you're strict they respect you and always watchful and careful.

If an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, you cannot require him to pay for replacement equipment. Accidents happen. The damage must be treated as a business expense. You can only require an employee to pay for damaged equipment, if the damage is done on purpose or because of gross negligen
It is not right for employees to pay for damages but most times in some private sector they asked the employee to pay for damages if they literally destroy any of the working equipment

I think that accidents and environmental hazards are things that are normal in the workplace so there should be a way in which the both parties come to a fair consensus.

That's okay, but I'm strict when it comes to destroying any of my business property big or small. The essence of it, is that, they don't do it freely cos they knew you won't do anything due to act of being weak. But when you're strict they respect you and always watchful and careful.
Lolz, I like your confidence but don't you think if you're operating this way in your business organisation that some of your employee may not be comfortable with you ?

Lolz, I like your confidence but don't you think if you're operating this way in your business organisation that some of your employee may not be comfortable with you ?
They'll be comfortable because I won't be strict with them unless they tries to ruin my business. Ruining my business means wanting it go down as a failed business.

This is the shortest answer in a post I have come across. I see you really answered in a two letter word that is a big no. I believe that employees are to pay the damages he makes to the equipment that he breaks. Why will others be responsible for the payment if he is the one who breaks the equipment.

I do not believe that employees should be responsible for paying the complete damages whenever there is a loss but instead it should be shared and in a fair rate

I believe a staff should pay for damages but it should depend on the situation where by the product was damaged. If it was a mistake, I wouldn't charge my staffs for it because accidents happen and if it was out of carelessness he has to pay.

I don't think it will be good if the course of the damage is deducted from his salary what is good to be done is to investigate and see if the did it deliberately or not before action with be taken.
It is not wise for employee to pay for damages in a company but I know some private company normally do that here in Nigeria which is not healthy at all.

We all know that accident happens, if an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, will you require him to pay for replacement equipment? Some workers may purposely damage equipment, or out of gross negligence. Since you may not actually know if the damage is done on purpose or not, will you allow them pay for the damages be it on purpose or accidentally?
Employees sometime are not discipline and some might take things for granted and want to damage things because you get them angry, but the moment they know they will pay for damage they will be very careful

They'll be comfortable because I won't be strict with them unless they tries to ruin my business. Ruining my business means wanting it go down as a failed business.
You will make your employee to be afraid of you if you work in this way and sometimes if they make any mistake they may even be afraid to tell you because they know how your reaction will be.

I believe an employee or employees should be made to pay for damages depending on the degree of such damages in question. Otherwise, it should just be waived

Employee paying for damages depends on the level of damages that is involved and the policies of the business concerning such circumstances.

Employee paying for damages depends on the level of damages that is involved and the policies of the business concerning such circumstances.
It is never right for employees to pay for damages in an organisation but some organisations Australia private organisation asked employees to pay for damages in my country which is not right.

As for me it depends on the kind of damage the employee has made. If the damage is due to his own carelessness and he has been told not to do it his own way. He will surely pay for the damage that is if the damage is small

This dependd on conditions you started with .Secondly, everything in life has to do with risk. So, It should be part of business plan to make sure there is an insurance to cover uncertainty . Let there be insurance cover for your staff in the course of your business
I do not agree with you that if an employee of mine should damage and equipment then the business should make a provision 4 ways to always be replacing it I can agree with you that if an employee should do that for the first time then the business can make provision to replace it and forgive the employee after all anyone can make a mistake but if the employee should try it for a second and third time I think the best logical thing for that business to do is to let the employee to pay back for the damage.

As for me it depends on the kind of damage the employee has made. If the damage is due to his own carelessness and he has been told not to do it his own way. He will surely pay for the damage that is if the damage is small
Sometimes this can be a challenging decision to make because you may not be able to decide when they damage a property out of carelessness, it is almost impossible to give the best decision.

You will make your employee to be afraid of you if you work in this way and sometimes if they make any mistake they may even be afraid to tell you because they know how your reaction will be.
If I have a lucrative business, I'll have those that will be monitoring everything around the business on case anyone falters they'll get such person to me and he or she will face the penalty. My business motto will be operation be careful.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds