Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Qualities of the position of Manager or Boss in a company

Those of us who work online and offline hope to have a respectful boss who values our effort and dedication in the functions that we perform daily in his company. But there are many cases in which we do not receive the above from our superiors, so I believe that not everyone is prepared to carry out this position. Although the person has studies and knowledge, he does not know how to get along well with subordinates. So I wonder. What are the qualities that stand out to be a good Manager or Boss?
Well I think leadership skills are often considered to be inborn. The fact is, though, that these attributes can all be identified and strengthened. Moreover, a skill set that accounts for over 70 percent of the variations in employee engagement scores should not be left to each manager's instinctive talents. While you probably rely on your own familiar set of great management skills, it never hurts to itemize what you're already doing. Start asking yourself, "What are the qualities of a good manager?" Whether you're a manager who wants to strengthen your leadership skills or a new hire trying to spot traits within your current leader, it's important to keep an eye out for the right managerial qualities.

Advertisement Placeholder
1 basic qualities of a manager of a boss in a company is to manage the affairs of the company which involved managing human resources and material resources in order to produce good output.

Well I think leadership skills are often considered to be inborn. The fact is, though, that these attributes can all be identified and strengthened. Moreover, a skill set that accounts for over 70 percent of the variations in employee engagement scores should not be left to each manager's instinctive talents. While you probably rely on your own familiar set of great management skills, it never hurts to itemize what you're already doing. Start asking yourself, "What are the qualities of a good manager?" Whether you're a manager who wants to strengthen your leadership skills or a new hire trying to spot traits within your current leader, it's important to keep an eye out for the right managerial qualities.
I really loved your publication, educational and detailed. It is true that many employees want to see in their superior certain traits that can favor him/her. And it is also very wise your statement that "most" qualities are innate, however a manager can strengthen their skills and develop others that are acquired with learning.

Managers or bosses in any organisation be it in any formal or informal settings are supposed to be true team leaders themselves at all time. They must always lead by example for others to follow

To be able to manage the position of a boss or manager, one should have management skills, and should be able to manage resources be it human or natural resources to be able to manage both the workers and the company resources.

this
In relation to subordinates, a good manager should respect, it's reciprocal, should also motivate, inspire and relate well with them.
this is really true i think motivate others with a lot of respect makes a good quality man well both the boss or manager in a company, in some case, there is more important for a manager that they should respect others.

Managers are the ones in charge of the smooth running of the daily running affair of any organization, the planing, staffing, control, organisation of the company.

I think we can all agree that a good manager or boss doesn't have to only be book smart but must have very good people skills as well.

I've never worked for any one, but it doesn't mean that i don't know the qualities of a good or competent manager. A competent manager should be friendly with his or her workers, and not too strict when handling company affairs, always treat the workers with honor, and encourage their hard work to increase their input.

For you to be a good manager you must love people and love being around people because some people find it difficult to relate with people no matter how you try to please them. To be a good manager you must be a leader, someone who inspires others to work in order to achieve the goals of the business.

Managers or bosses in any organisation be it in any formal or informal settings are supposed to be true team leaders themselves at all time. They must always lead by example for others to follow
Your statement is very true, and I believe that until now it has not been described. A good manager must lead by example. In this way, labor relations will be stronger.
I think we can all agree that a good manager or boss doesn't have to only be book smart but must have very good people skills as well.
The ability to communicate and work with people is important and not all superiors have it. It is something they must learn or develop to maintain and manage a company.

the statement is very true, and I believe that until now it has not been described. A good manager must lead by example. In this way, labour relations will be stronger.

The ability to communicate and work with people is important and not all superiors have it. It is something they must learn or develop to maintain and manage a company.
I agree I think a lot of bosses Who lack these skills always find it hard to manage their employees and most times it results in a dispute.

I agree I think a lot of bosses Who lack these skills always find it hard to manage their employees and most times it results in a dispute.
They end up in an arduous discussion, and in my experience, third parties have had to intervene to calm the situation. These things should be avoided and it is a skill that should stand out on the part of the superior.

You're right. Most employers tend to be harsh on their staff thinking it brings results whereas reverse is the case.
Such harsh treatment of employees by their bosses tend to make these employees dishonest and treacherous rather than being honest with these employers most of the time

A good manager must have a quality in the company so to manage the company very well, manager suppose to be knowledge and wisdom in order to manage the company well.

A good manager must have a quality in the company so to manage the company very well, manager suppose to be knowledge and wisdom in order to manage the company well.
Knowledge and wisdom are very important in the case of managing a company. If one of them is missing, there will be instability because with knowledge but without wisdom, there will not be a good relationship between employees and employers. In the opposite case there will also be failures.

Those of us who work online and offline hope to have a respectful boss who values our effort and dedication in the functions that we perform daily in his company. But there are many cases in which we do not receive the above from our superiors, so I believe that not everyone is prepared to carry out this position. Although the person has studies and knowledge, he does not know how to get along well with subordinates. So I wonder. What are the qualities that stand out to be a good Manager or Boss?
Qualities of good manager!? Hmm... When you see a good manager you will know that this is a good manager, there enthusiasm in working and ensuring everything is well carried out will be open to everybody....

Qualities of good manager!? Hmm... When you see a good manager you will know that this is a good manager, there enthusiasm in working and ensuring everything is well carried out will be open to everybody....
You are right @Dowenship , when there is a good manager it shows in the atmosphere of the work area. The enthusiasm that surrounds the company among employees and staff, are things to be valued, but to achieve this the manager must possess the right qualities.

I would actually love to see my self as a manager than a boss actually they are pretty different boss tends to give dictations where as a manager tends to bring up things agreed by all workers .

I would actually love to see my self as a manager than a boss actually they are pretty different boss tends to give dictations where as a manager tends to bring up things agreed by all workers .
I hope you will have the opportunity and prepare for it. You should keep in mind that in order for you to be more efficient already possessing the qualities, it is good to go through the company's positions and acquire knowledge in each of them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds