Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Qualities of the position of Manager or Boss in a company

From my own experience I have discovered a boss should be able to do everything he asks his employees to do. The best way to learn how to be 100% successful in a job is to start at the bottom and work your way up. He needs to be able to look at a position from the point of view of his employees so that he can foresee problems and deal with them fairly.
One of the mostimportant quality of a good manager that our business teacher taught us when when I was in secondary school is the ability for you to solve problems and ability to work under stress and pressure, ability to take and face any problem that arises in an organisation actually make you a good manager.
You are right, the boss must have the knowledge of each place where the workers work, in order to guide and help when necessary. Also the ability to work under pressure and solve problems. That is why I believe that he/she should climb the ladder and gain experience until he/she is promoted to a managerial position.
I think that the most important thing to be a good boss or manager is to be able to lead without being over bearing and authoritarian. I think that if you have this quality then you are able to inspire those that are working for you and this will increase their productivity.
I agree with you, a good manager must know how to manage staff without being overwhelming. There are many of them who believe that pressuring the employee will give them better results, and they are out of reality when the employee is a good worker. Now if the employee is a lazy person, he should be pressured to do his job.

Advertisement Placeholder
Those of us who work online and offline hope to have a respectful boss who values our effort and dedication in the functions that we perform daily in his company. But there are many cases in which we do not receive the above from our superiors, so I believe that not everyone is prepared to carry out this position. Although the person has studies and knowledge, he does not know how to get along well with subordinates. So I wonder. What are the qualities that stand out to be a good Manager or Boss?
There are many qualities of a good manager and a company head , both manager and the boss should be accommodating to their employee and the customers , they must have knowledge in the aspect of leading a company.

A boss is the CEO, but a manager I will say do the most tasks, in running and over seeing of the organization or company, he must surely be dedicated to his duty
[automerge]1621351916[/automerge]
A boss enjoys the respect given to them, but a manager oversees the smooth movement of the organization or company, in my opinion a manager does much of the task,

Last edited:
There are many qualities of a good manager and a company head , both manager and the boss should be accommodating to their employee and the customers , they must have knowledge in the aspect of leading a company.
What you describe is important, the superior must have full knowledge of leadership. In this way he will be able to manage and control in the right way and his employees will feel comfortable in their workplace.

Concerning the qualities of the position of a manager or boss in a company. Well, I believe a good boss should not always think only of his decision as the best but get to hear other opinions from subordinates or employees. A good boss should be ensure conducive and mannered relationship for his employees

Concerning the qualities of the position of a manager or boss in a company. Well, I believe a good boss should not always think only of his decision as the best but get to hear other opinions from subordinates or employees. A good boss should be ensure conducive and mannered relationship for his employees
Excellent @Damscooguns73 , "listen to other opinions of your subordinates or employees" I think this is of utmost importance, to lead a good interpersonal relationship proper in a company. When a superior listens and accepts the opinion of his subordinates, the work environment is welcoming and bearable.

Respect is reciprocal. I believe a boss with a good quality is one that has respect to the dignity of a person working for him In that the person is putting efforts to see to the improvement of that establishment.

I agree with you, a good manager must know how to manage staff without being overwhelming. There are many of them who believe that pressuring the employee will give them better results, and they are out of reality when the employee is a good worker. Now if the employee is a lazy person, he should be pressured to do his job.
Of course there are appropriate times in order for you to pressurize your employees especially if you do have a very massive deadline that is coming up. However this is only true for a certain set of employees and many of them are actually able to manage their workload by themselves.

There are some good qualities a manager or boss is suppose to possess not only qualifications and certificates. A good boss is supposed to show example of leadership qualities and good relationships with his/her employees.

There are some good qualities a manager or boss is suppose to possess not only qualifications and certificates. A good boss is supposed to show example of leadership qualities and good relationships with his/her employees.
I think that many people plays a lot of focus on the qualifications and certificates that a person has in order to see if they would be able to manage a business however this is simply a theoretical perspective that you have studied and it is not something that teaches you the necessary leadership skills.

Of course there are appropriate times in order for you to pressurize your employees especially if you do have a very massive deadline that is coming up. However this is only true for a certain set of employees and many of them are actually able to manage their workload by themselves.
You are absolutely right, only a minority group of people in certain companies should be pressured to do so. Generally employees are aware of their responsibilities and assume their duties correctly without the need to be called to task.
It is very important your statement, since the titles or certificates of studies do not make a person a good boss or manager, this must be demonstrated in the practice of their functions as a superior to the staff under his charge.

I think that many people plays a lot of focus on the qualifications and certificates that a person has in order to see if they would be able to manage a business however this is simply a theoretical perspective that you have studied and it is not something that teaches you the necessary leadership skills.
That's right, asides from qualifications and certificates, they should attend seminars/workshops or take courses on leadership skills.

That's right, asides from qualifications and certificates, they should attend seminars/workshops or take courses on leadership skills.
You are right @Mostee501 , there are many courses that are dictated for managers and business managers, in order to further develop their skills and receive guidance in different situations that may arise with employees.

To be a successful manager one must have acting in the capacity of follower, this will provide the manager with a clear picture of what it truly means to be a good manager and the roles and qualities a manger should posses. Some of this qualities include been a very good listener, and been very proactive.

To be a successful manager one must have acting in the capacity of follower, this will provide the manager with a clear picture of what it truly means to be a good manager and the roles and qualities a manger should posses. Some of this qualities include been a very good listener, and been very proactive.
I think that what you describe is one of the main qualities of a manager, he must be a good listener. This attracts a good relationship between your employees and customers. Something you also describe is that he must be proactive, which will also help the whole company with its staff.

Well, in reply to your question in the above post concerning what the qualitative of a manager or boss of a workplace are, i would like to think first of all that a quality the manager should possess is patience, and also he should have empathy

There are so many quality is expected of a manager or boss in any organisation. He must be able to carry out business in such a way that the company will be successful.

Well, in reply to your question in the above post concerning what the qualitative of a manager or boss of a workplace are, i would like to think first of all that a quality the manager should possess is patience, and also he should have empathy
Very good @Sheyemanu , patience and empathy are fundamental in the qualities of a manager or superior. Without your two observations, it is difficult for there to be a coupling in the workplace between them and the workers.

Consider these 7 must-have qualities of a manager that can supply a roadmap to professional excellence.
They build a work culture of mutual trust. ...
They focus on employee strengths. ...
They do not micromanage. ...
They are assertive. ...
They help develop employees' careers. ...
They handle pressure well. ...
They communicate honestly.

Consider these 7 must-have qualities of a manager that can supply a roadmap to professional excellence.
They build a work culture of mutual trust. ...
They focus on employee strengths. ...
They do not micromanage. ...
They are assertive. ...
They help develop employees' careers. ...
They handle pressure well. ...
They communicate honestly.
Excellent those qualities you describe! it would be wonderful if managers or superiors had even more than 50% of them. Unfortunately it is difficult to get people who cover each of them for the company. But we know that there are managers like that, although they are very few.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds