Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Qualities of the position of Manager or Boss in a company

Excellent @Sincerem, you are absolutely right, the better we are treated by our superiors, with the respect we deserve, honesty, courtesy, etc, it inspires confidence among employees and employers, so we perform our duties with more dedication and dedication.

Advertisement Placeholder
Excellent @Sincerem, you are absolutely right, the better we are treated by our superiors, with the respect we deserve, honesty, courtesy, etc, it inspires confidence among employees and employers, so we perform our duties with more dedication and dedication.
That's true, respect and love should be shown to the workers even when the employer is by far superior. That will enable safe, and healthy environment for the employees to work tremendously.

You're right. Most employers tend to be harsh on their staff thinking it brings results whereas reverse is the case.
I agree with you, usually when you go to a company for different reasons, you can perceive the atmosphere when the bosses are there, and many times the hard and arrogant treatment they use with the workers. The results in the end are not good for the company.

For a manager to be held on a high esteemed by its employees, he or she needs to be polite to them, friendly at times, and always calls for general meeting for the workers to discuss freely what improvement they need.

For a manager to be held on a high esteemed by its employees, he or she needs to be polite to them, friendly at times, and always calls for general meeting for the workers to discuss freely what improvement they need.
This is a great detail, to hold meetings "for workers to freely discuss what improvements they need". In my offline job, we hold these meetings every 3 to 6 months, or when requested by the staff in order to improve interpersonal relations.

My dad always used to say a Manager cannot be a worker's friend, He has to have that air of authority to make his workers do their jobs efficiently. I think this is right as in my last job we had a woman manager who tried to be everyone's friend but people took advantage of her and were often disrespectful. She didn't last long. A Manager can still be polite and friendly but there has to be a boundary so that his workers do not overstep the mark.

My dad always used to say a Manager cannot be a worker's friend, He has to have that air of authority to make his workers do their jobs efficiently. I think this is right as in my last job we had a woman manager who tried to be everyone's friend but people took advantage of her and were often disrespectful. She didn't last long. A Manager can still be polite and friendly but there has to be a boundary so that his workers do not overstep the mark.
You said something that I have often seen in the institution where I work, and it is the advice I give them when they are starting out as superiors. You must maintain authority and at the same time remain courteous and friendly, because if any of these three components are missing, it will be difficult to take the reins as a manager.

This is a great detail, to hold meetings "for workers to freely discuss what improvements they need". In my offline job, we hold these meetings every 3 to 6 months, or when requested by the staff in order to improve interpersonal relations.
Interesting, that you're company holds meeting every 3-6. In order to dialogue real and important matters that needs consideration, to take the company higher and correct indifferences.

Interesting, that you're company holds meeting every 3-6. In order to dialogue real and important matters that needs consideration, to take the company higher and correct indifferences.
I believe that communication is essential between employees and staff, to clarify doubts and correct any situation that arises both from the staff in charge and subordinates, so that the work is developed with more harmony.

I believe that communication is essential between employees and staff, to clarify doubts and correct any situation that arises both from the staff in charge and subordinates, so that the work is developed with more harmony.
That's why, it is said effective information is wealth. If the company will dialogue and make peaceful meetings where every one have to say their mind, i think the company will move forward, because the workers expressed all that is bothering them and amendments can be done to correct such lingering in the company.

Although most of the points have been covered here I have thought of one that is quite important. A good manager or boss should never betray a confidence. If an employee confides in him about something personal he should be able to trust his boss not to say anything to others. It's not always the case and information can get leaked.

That's why, it is said effective information is wealth. If the company will dialogue and make peaceful meetings where every one have to say their mind, i think the company will move forward, because the workers expressed all that is bothering them and amendments can be done to correct such lingering in the company.
It is correct, it is the idea to correct and advance in this way to maintain harmony almost in its totality, it is very important for us to maintain in a peaceful way the interpersonal relations.
Although most of the points have been covered here I have thought of one that is quite important. A good manager or boss should never betray a confidence. If an employee confides in him about something personal he should be able to trust his boss not to say anything to others. It's not always the case and information can get leaked.
You are absolutely right you should never betray the trust of an employee. For this you must be very prudent because as you describe, many times information is leaked, when a boss is not able to keep a secret.

It is correct, it is the idea to correct and advance in this way to maintain harmony almost in its totality, it is very important for us to maintain in a peaceful way the interpersonal relations.

You are absolutely right you should never betray the trust of an employee. For this you must be very prudent because as you describe, many times information is leaked, when a boss is not able to keep a secret.
Yeah, through the information shared we can maintain harmony, work efficiently in all ramifications, and to grow in our respective work place.

Yeah, through the information shared we can maintain harmony, work efficiently in all ramifications, and to grow in our respective work place.
All of the above is thanks to the fact that in my job we have an excellent manager who focuses on conflict resolution within the company, and in a short time she has managed to minimize this situation. She has many virtues and qualities of a manager that are rarely found.

All of the above is thanks to the fact that in my job we have an excellent manager who focuses on conflict resolution within the company, and in a short time she has managed to minimize this situation. She has many virtues and qualities of a manager that are rarely found.
Well spoken words. It is very rare to get such kind of quality manager with demeanor. Most of the managers in different companies are just hash, and never want to listen to any employees complaints. Any manager that wants welfare on his or her company, needs its employees to be satisfied with whatever plans he or she got.

To be a good manager you have to listen to your subbordinates , just know the right time to plan and take actions that will benefit you and make you do your job effectively

Well spoken words. It is very rare to get such kind of quality manager with demeanor. Most of the managers in different companies are just hash, and never want to listen to any employees complaints. Any manager that wants welfare on his or her company, needs its employees to be satisfied with whatever plans he or she got.
Yes, it is very rare to get a good manager, and I speak with propriety, but there are some, since at present I can enjoy the company of a manager with excellent qualities.
To be a good manager you have to listen to your subbordinates , just know the right time to plan and take actions that will benefit you and make you do your job effectively
You are absolutely right, and I think it is the best way to run a company, when a manager listens to his subordinates, and acts accordingly, the results are usually positive.

manager and the boss are two different entities in a business or a company. Boss is the owner or the CEO appointed by the board of directors where as manager is an officer who bridges the gap between the junior staff and the CEO. The manager should be able to deliver the message properly

Yes, it is very rare to get a good manager, and I speak with propriety, but there are some, since at present I can enjoy the company of a manager with excellent qualities.

You are absolutely right, and I think it is the best way to run a company, when a manager listens to his subordinates, and acts accordingly, the results are usually positive.
Yeah, listening to its subordinates, those working for him or her should give room for improvement and keep the company productive.

Yeah, listening to its subordinates, those working for him or her should give room for improvement and keep the company productive.
Generally, this is what happens. When employees are listened to, served and given solutions, they in turn reciprocate with good actions for the company.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds