Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Qualities of the position of Manager or Boss in a company

A manager who is always on the look out of his college at work for the progress of the company is a good manager and that is what a good manager is been paid for.

Advertisement Placeholder
A good quality of a manager or boss in a company, the boss should be able to stand as a leader to is subordinates, a good leader should see himself as a captain of a team.
I agree with your opinion, although the manager may or may not be a leader, it is best that he is or delegates those functions to someone who manages the company, who in turn is accountable to him, since a leader is the advisable one for a company to achieve success.
A good manager or boss should be approachable; there are some bosses that carry a stern aura around and no one can approach them.
A good manager should be able to value those working under him or her, give appraisals when necessary.
A good manager should be able to make sound decisions that would favour the organisation.
Excellent @Toyoabasi, those points you describe are of utmost importance, to achieve what is expected within a company. Above all to be accessible to all employees, the more communication the better the performance of all.

A reliable manager must be flexible and must have effective communication with the employees. He should appreciate their efforts especially when their jobs are well done and encourage them as well. A manager without these attributes will keep having issues with other employees which might be a set back to the growth of the business. No matter how strict the manager is, he must always be considerate in his decisions and relationship with others.

Last edited:
A reliable manager must be flexible and must have effective communication with the employees. He should appreciate their efforts especially when their jobs are well done and encourage them as well. A manager without these attributes will keep having issues with other employees which might be a set back to the growth of the business. No matter how strict the manager is, he must always be considerate in his decisions and relationship with others.
It is the must be @Adebayonle7, communication with employees must be fluid, this way you can reach agreements in favor of the company. When the immediate boss is not flexible or communicative, it creates an atmosphere of nonconformity in the company, which generally prevents the progress of the company.

The manager serves as a role model for the employees. He or she is on time, speaks politely, and is not obnoxious. A boss should also be willing to learn from others rather than relying solely on his or her own ideas.

The manger should have good communication skills. Able to related with staffs very well and he or she should have the skill of delegating task and responsibility accordingly.

Manager should never use intimidation as means to get work done. Instead motivate and inspire the team to achieve target and set goals.

The manger should have good communication skills. Able to related with staffs very well and he or she should have the skill of delegating task and responsibility accordingly.

Manager should never use intimidation as means to get work done. Instead motivate and inspire the team to achieve target and set goals.
yes that is what I also think a manager should not use any means on his workers to get jobs done,by doing so you are mounting pressure on your workers they may feel press and some of them may even want to quite the job but rather if you can motivate your workers they can work beyond your expectation

A boss is like the final man you report what is going on in the company, the manager is like the engine room making sure everything is working out smoothly in the company with other employees

yes that is what I also think a manager should not use any means on his workers to get jobs done,by doing so you are mounting pressure on your workers they may feel press and some of them may even want to quite the job but rather if you can motivate your workers they can work beyond your expectation
You comment made remember my last interview. They ask me normal cliche question "can you work under pressure?" My answer was NO they were surprised maybe that was the time they got NO for an answer.

They ask me why? I said I can't work under pressure because at that time or mood I can't think straight or be creative. If they want the work done, it must have achievable time frame, they must provide necessary tools and right environments for the work to be done. That is the work of manager to make it available.

There are several qualities of a good manager, a good manager must be honest, discipline, caring, accountable, have the place of work at heart and hardworking

There's a saying that says "a good leader must lead by example," the truth remains that to be a boss you must posses some good behaviours worthy of emulation such as: being early to work, addressing the staffs on daily bases, making sure the workplace is set and safe for work along side product and services, making proper reviews on the vital aspects of the company, paying out salaries on time and maintaining good relationships with both staffs and customers.

The manager serves as a role model for the employees. He or she is on time, speaks politely, and is not obnoxious. A boss should also be willing to learn from others rather than relying solely on his or her own ideas.
You have highlighted something very important, since the manager must be an example to follow, this related to his punctuality and responsibility. It is right to learn from the employees, as they should have a lot to offer, in view of the functions they perform.

I love what you describe, the manager tends to be intimidating which somehow affects the employees, if he has a successful deal with the workers, in addition to the motivation he can exert on them, the results will be positive.
There's a saying that says "a good leader must lead by example," the truth remains that to be a boss you must posses some good behaviours worthy of emulation such as: being early to work, addressing the staffs on daily bases, making sure the workplace is set and safe for work along side product and services, making proper reviews on the vital aspects of the company, paying out salaries on time and maintaining good relationships with both staffs and customers.
Excellent commentary, constant communication with employees creates a pleasant atmosphere within the company, which is positive for the company's purpose. The work environment should be conducive to the good performance of workers and as long as you have punctuality with payments, will be prepared for the success of it.

You have highlighted something very important, since the manager must be an example to follow, this related to his punctuality and responsibility. It is right to learn from the employees, as they should have a lot to offer, in view of the functions they perform.

I love what you describe, the manager tends to be intimidating which somehow affects the employees, if he has a successful deal with the workers, in addition to the motivation he can exert on them, the results will be positive.

Excellent commentary, constant communication with employees creates a pleasant atmosphere within the company, which is positive for the company's purpose. The work environment should be conducive to the good performance of workers and as long as you have punctuality with payments, will be prepared for the success of it.
I had to quit from my previous place of work because my boss was not ready to allow us carry out duties effectively because of her wrong decision and refusing to listen to advise and opinions from we staff. But very good at intimidating and dishing out blames to us not knowing her actions was affecting our productivity.

Asides being knowledgeable and competent a good manager must be firm, must possess good human relations so as to be able to carry along subordinates. He must not be high handed,he must have empathy.

Qualiy of a boss a good boss is a person who see the worker little effort and appreciate the effort,encourages the worker,and also have a good relationship with all his worker,he or she must also be knowledgeable.

I had to quit from my previous place of work because my boss was not ready to allow us carry out duties effectively because of her wrong decision and refusing to listen to advise and opinions from we staff. But very good at intimidating and dishing out blames to us not knowing her actions was affecting our productivity.
I went through something similar, but we did not quit, on the contrary, we united to face such a situation, resulting in the change of manager and so far everything has worked correctly. But this is possible only with the support of the staff, without internal divisions.

When it comes to the qualities of a good manager in any business for me, it's that the person/manager will be a problem solver and not an excuse maker.

a boss must show tender,love and care to his employees this is one of the best quality of a good manager he also need to be supportive to his employees and respect there decisions.

I went through something similar, but we did not quit, on the contrary, we united to face such a situation, resulting in the change of manager and so far everything has worked correctly. But this is possible only with the support of the staff, without internal divisions.
I had to quit before it starts affect my mental health and the place is gradually getting toxic for to work. I don't think there's anything we could do at that time because even the top management was not seeing reason with us.

These are qualities of a good manager, Focus, Honesty, Accountability, Making Decisions ,Emotional Intelligence, Positivity, Investment In The Company Culture ·

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds