Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Qualities of the position of Manager or Boss in a company

a boss must show tender,love and care to his employees this is one of the best quality of a good manager he also need to be supportive to his employees and respect there decisions.
A boss should have tender care and show kindness to his workers.Its through this means that employee will work with less emotion and feel free to carried out their functions accordingly,good interaction skills within the employee also matters alot

Advertisement Placeholder
A boss should have tender care and show kindness to his workers.Its through this means that employee will work with less emotion and feel free to carried out their functions accordingly,good interaction skills within the employee also matters alot
I concur with you. good interaction skills within employees matter a lot,it helps them to share ideas and work for a proper effectiveness.when your employees work as a team your business will definitely succeed.

I had to quit before it starts affect my mental health and the place is gradually getting toxic for to work. I don't think there's anything we could do at that time because even the top management was not seeing reason with us.
It is unfortunate that you were not able to get the union, both from the rest of the staff and from the management of the company. It is better to leave the company before it starts to affect your health, which is more important.
These are qualities of a good manager, Focus, Honesty, Accountability, Making Decisions ,Emotional Intelligence, Positivity, Investment In The Company Culture ·
Excellent @Kaffyfolla, among all you have named which are important, I want to highlight emotional intelligence and investment in company culture. This since I have not read it in other comments from members and that they should be taken very much into account among the qualities of a manager.

We all wants to be good managers and bosses, also wish to have good bosses. How can one be a good manager or boss? There are qualities one needs to be a good manager. A good manager should be democratic, learn to carry everyone along . He or she need to be appreciative of other people's efforts put into work to achieve good results .

A good manager should be someone who knows how to balance between being strict and friendly with the workers. The strictness should be a genuine need to make the workers do their best work but not being too hard on them. While friendliness should be a way of relating with workers and not liniency.
Exactly. Knowing that balance and how to maintain your friendship with your employees is simply the key in maintaining healthy relationship in the workplace

The major responsibility of a competent manager is to ensure the proper running and oversee every activity going on in the company. As a leader of the organization he/she has to set a pace for other subordinates to follow.
A good manager should be able to manage his subordinate in a manner deviod of any victimisation.He should practice what he wants his subordinate to be doing,he must know his role and briefs very well and perform his role optimally.

Those of us who work online and offline hope to have a respectful boss who values our effort and dedication in the functions that we perform daily in his company. But there are many cases in which we do not receive the above from our superiors, so I believe that not everyone is prepared to carry out this position. Although the person has studies and knowledge, he does not know how to get along well with subordinates. So I wonder. What are the qualities that stand out to be a good Manager or Boss?
A good manager or boss should be able to lead his subordinates effectively; no one needs a weak leader.
A good manager should be result oriented.
A good manager should be able to listen to the opinions of his employees.
[automerge]1638346708[/automerge]
A Manager who wants his organization to blossom should be ready to be; coactive, have a two-way communication with his employees, learn to recognize conflict not only as being natural but as a stimulus for place of opportunity for innovation, critical thinking and decision making.
You are right.
Being able to be approachable by your team mates or employees is a way to boost effective communication with them. That is a good quality every manager should adopt.

Last edited:
We all wants to be good managers and bosses, also wish to have good bosses. How can one be a good manager or boss? There are qualities one needs to be a good manager. A good manager should be democratic, learn to carry everyone along . He or she need to be appreciative of other people's efforts put into work to achieve good results .
Your points are valid, a good boss or manager must know how to value the opinions and efforts of others, I think it is essential to achieve the goal, as you describe.
A good manager or boss should be able to lead his subordinates effectively; no one needs a weak leader.
A good manager should be result oriented.
A good manager should be able to listen to the opinions of his employees.
There is no way for a company to move forward with a weak leader, it is important that the leader has the skills to lead the staff and in turn achieve the objectives.

You're right. Most employers tend to be harsh on their staff thinking it brings results whereas reverse is the case.

I do not think that insulting employees would bring any fruitful results. In fact, insulting employees is a type of abuse of workers. if you worker cannot perform well, then it is okay to let them go politely.

I do not think that insulting employees would bring any fruitful results. In fact, insulting employees is a type of abuse of workers. if you worker cannot perform well, then it is okay to let them go politely.
Excellent comment, it is better to let the employee go than to get to disrespect. Some superiors believe that with an aggressive and inhumane attitude they will get what they want, that is why it is important to have leadership to guide employees in the right way.

Excellent comment, it is better to let the employee go than to get to disrespect. Some superiors believe that with an aggressive and inhumane attitude they will get what they want, that is why it is important to have leadership to guide employees in the right way.

Well, the problem is that the employers do not even pay a good amount of money and also disrespect employees and this is quite similar to slavery. I do not call this employment at all.

A good manager should possess the following qualities such as, excellent communication skills, he should be able to appreciate and encourage team work, consistency and reliability, he must be trustworthy, and have the drive to set goals.

A good manager must recognize the effort and achievement of his employee, because employees who feel like their hard work is getting noticed tend to perform better. Keep in mind to spread the positive feedback wealth. It's easy to recognize your stand-out employees but you may have to put more effort into finding reasons to dish out the same to your underachievers or anyone with whom you just don't gel. This can be something as simple as acknowledging her contribution of one good idea during a conference call with clients, but it could go a long way after she leaves the office. She may even be inspired to step up her game and become one of your stellar staffers. Adding the recognition or praise of two employees to your daily objective list will help you remember.

You have to be a good leader which involves motivating and getting employees to key in and move along with your vision.
Also you have to ensure that you're a good manager of resources to ensure production aims are met.

A boss or manager should be a living and caring worker and an example to his subject. He should be able to relate well with his employees,seek advise when necessary, organize get together parties, present gift and packages to industrious workers, this and more can foster the progress of such organization for ages.

A good business manager must:
Have good leadership skills
Be in control of the business and employees
Have good relationship with customers.

Those of us who work online and offline hope to have a respectful boss who values our effort and dedication in the functions that we perform daily in his company. But there are many cases in which we do not receive the above from our superiors, so I believe that not everyone is prepared to carry out this position. Although the person has studies and knowledge, he does not know how to get along well with subordinates. So I wonder. What are the qualities that stand out to be a good Manager or Boss?
Qualities managers or bosses posses May differ as individual difference but a general benchmark should be code and ethics which I believe every manager should have been educated on, problem is not all of them put what is being learnt to use.

A good manager should be hard working, polite and deligent, he should also respect his employees especially when they have emergency situations to attend to at home.
A good manager should not be involved in any sexual harassment, he should be of good morals and show good examples by making sure he organise his company well every day in order to achieve its goal of establishment.

Last edited:
A good manager should possess the following qualities such as, excellent communication skills, he should be able to appreciate and encourage team work, consistency and reliability, he must be trustworthy, and have the drive to set goals.
It is valid your comment and opinion, the ability to communicate is essential and to carry out the unification of the team with the same purpose.
Of course, it is clear that to manage you must have the drive as you describe, to set goals and achieve objectives.
A good manager must recognize the effort and achievement of his employee, because employees who feel like their hard work is getting noticed tend to perform better. Keep in mind to spread the positive feedback wealth. It's easy to recognize your stand-out employees but you may have to put more effort into finding reasons to dish out the same to your underachievers or anyone with whom you just don't gel. This can be something as simple as acknowledging her contribution of one good idea during a conference call with clients, but it could go a long way after she leaves the office. She may even be inspired to step up her game and become one of your stellar staffers. Adding the recognition or praise of two employees to your daily objective list will help you remember.
Excellent comment @Hrtbeat I understand, and I congratulate you for bringing this important point to the topic. Many managers are dedicated to value the work of those who stand out, instead, they ignore the other employees which in the end is very demotivating for them.
Adding it to your list to call drive in them that desire to move forward and overcome their limitations, is a good way to get positive results.
You have to be a good leader which involves motivating and getting employees to key in and move along with your vision.
Also you have to ensure that you're a good manager of resources to ensure production aims are met.
A boss or manager should be a living and caring worker and an example to his subject. He should be able to relate well with his employees,seek advise when necessary, organize get together parties, present gift and packages to industrious workers, this and more can foster the progress of such organization for ages.
It is right that the fact that you have such a position, becomes an example for your staff to follow, so you should give your best to encourage and motivate employees.
Taking care of the staff and recognizing their efforts should also be part of a superior's daily routine.

You must be visionary in order to become a leader among the people in the world please or any other organisation. A manager or a boss of a company must know how to motivate other people to achieve a common goal. You must answer me know how to build a great team that will control the affairs of the business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds