Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Qualities of the position of Manager or Boss in a company

The post of the manager is a delicate one, you definitely would not please everyone so you have to be both rigid and flexible in what you are doing to help create a good business environment.
You are absolutely right, he should not be extremist, neither too severe nor too soft, he should just know when and with whom to act at the right time. That is why not all the people who are prepared to exercise the position, have the necessary qualities.

Advertisement Placeholder
The boss or manager should be ready to embrace any new policy and should know what it means to manage men and materials

What you bring to the subject is very important, as I have met some managers like the ones you describe. I have even thought that in some cases they do not get involved, due to lack of knowledge in some areas of the company.
Some managers do no not merit the position they hold. Some were employed due to nepotism or cheating the system through the people that they know in the company.

Some managers do no not merit the position they hold. Some were employed due to nepotism or cheating the system through the people that they know in the company.
I love your sincerity, and you are absolutely right, not all managers should occupy that position, many have achieved it as you say, through close associates. The manager must meet the minimum requirements and compete to reach that position.

Well to me personally I really think that the greatest quality that a boss or manager must have to so that he is one is having the exceptional quality of a leader.

One of the qualities of a business manager is selflessness and he should possess a leadership skill. He should not be authoritative. He should carry the his staffs along in any company's decisions

There are lots of qualities of boss or manager or an organization. Firstly, a boss should have good listening ears to employees and also service as motivating factor to them in actions

The boss or position of a manager is a very key position in a company and anyone handling it should realize that he or she occupies the office which its decision determines the future of the company.
Yes you are right ,the management of a company or business organisation are the people that will determine the future of the company ,without proper management, it will be difficult for the business to be successful in the future.

You are absolutely right, he should not be extremist, neither too severe nor too soft, he should just know when and with whom to act at the right time. That is why not all the people who are prepared to exercise the position, have the necessary qualities.
True, not all managers have the necessary requirements to be called managers but they ought to learn that is why there are many resources available online an offline

First off, a good manager knows the entire business including the details of the operation. He should be fair in his dealings particularly with subordinates which means there is no favoritism. He should also be considerate but it is all right to be strict with the regulations and in the implementation of policies. The most important trait of the manager is the dedication to his job that he comes early to work.
You are correct in many aspect of your comment, a good manager must know all the entire business, the does and the donts , he must be able to handle and coordinate his subordinates in works settings.

Some people really need to be harsh on in order for them to be able to make the most of their efforts in their work. It's all about keeping an eye on them to know the best approach to use.
The position of a manager or a boss in an organisation is very vital a good manager helps the company to achieve his aim goal and objective and with his leadership skills and direction takes the company to a greater height.

Both points are extremely important, both the interpersonal relationship with employees, and the resolution of disputes are key to the successful running of the company. Many managers lack both or one of these qualities, making it difficult to develop within the company.
If a manager does not have this to I live very important characteristics or treat in the management of his business then I don't think that that business can become successful has these two characteristics or traits are very important day in the management of any successful business.

There are lots of qualities of boss or manager or an organization. Firstly, a boss should have good listening ears to employees and also service as motivating factor to them in actions
Your point is very important, the manager must have good ears to listen to his staff and reach agreements, and the other as a motivating agent, is key in the position because he is in charge of achieving the goals through the employees.
True, not all managers have the necessary requirements to be called managers but they ought to learn that is why there are many resources available online an offline
Some managers have the belief that they know it all, and therefore do not bother to update their knowledge and learn new methods for their performance. Therefore, they do not look for alternatives to obtain more knowledge.
If a manager does not have this to I live very important characteristics or treat in the management of his business then I don't think that that business can become successful has these two characteristics or traits are very important day in the management of any successful business.
You are absolutely right @Ralphjoe, it is of utmost importance that he possesses these qualities, since as you describe it will be difficult for him to achieve success, as he will not be able to run the company properly. Problem solving is achieved when there is a good interpersonal relationship.

The fact that the business is your own business as the boss making it to be a number priority for you to take the business very seriously, otherwise you will lose it.
Yes, the risk is multiple when it comes to losing the business, so any decision you make as a manager and owner must be taken with all the seriousness of the case and be very assertive in it.

Yes, the risk is multiple when it comes to losing the business, so any decision you make as a manager and owner must be taken with all the seriousness of the case and be very assertive in it.

Seriously, whenever I see some business owners who don't take their own business seriously, I begin to wonder what pushed them to start the business in the first place?

Seriously, whenever I see some business owners who don't take their own business seriously, I begin to wonder what pushed them to start the business in the first place?
I think that in many cases, it is because they see that an entrepreneur is doing very well in his business, and they immediately think of opening a similar one without having the necessary knowledge, even they don't like it at all but they don't worry about it.

The qualities of a business manager are numerous. A manager must have good communication skills in attending and relating with his employees and his customers. He must also have good negotiation skill in bargaining with his clients.

Boss or a manager of a company is the head and to be in this position u need to have some quality like be honest, hardworking, caring and attribute towards the staff's or workers.

As a manager or supervisor, you should be able to manage humans. However, humans are the most difficult to manage In the world just because we have different traits, behavior and character.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds