Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Outrageous Bank charges

Wetin we no go see for Naija, stamp duty on transfer above #10,000 , monthly card maintenance fee, interbank ATM withdrawal charges, account maintenance fee, SMS alert and so on.
I thought this only happened to me but I don't know it also happen to others sometime it's not Lee I get out changes bank charges most times they will tell you it's for SMS or for one thing or the other withdrawal stamp duty but don't really know but I see it as outrageous and dubious.

Advertisement Placeholder
Remember a day, fidelity bank in my country charge me almost $1 for receiving a payment. from that day I went and opened another bank account.

On top of the fact that they offer poor services when it comes to how to treat the complain of their customers they still can't seem to keep their hands off the customers pockets

All these charges across board constitute a very huge amount of the part of their revenue. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about it because all this deduction are automated. Reprieve can only come from the government if it stipulates the type of charges they can collect.

The way banks charge these days like we seem to have no option, it was even introduced recently that there would be an additional #6 on used transactions, I think it's high time we go for other alternatives.

All the commercial banks in my country have a way of deducting a monthly charges on their customers accounts. This charges include; ATM maintenance fee, SMS alert charges and VAT. How do you see all this charges?
Is there a way of bypassing all or any of these charges?
Kindly share your opinion.
I will it lie to you. There is nothing way to bypass there charges. The only way to bypass there charges and it is not a solution you are looking for is to never use them.
There are some online banking app you can start to use that they have little or no charges. App like Kuda and Chipper are better.

Some times the little amounts of money that you have in your account will be reduced to nothing with the outrageous amounts banks deducted for their transaction charges.

This has happen to me many times. There are sometimes that I will see the deduction of N500 in my Nigeria bank account sometimes more. that is why I decided to never have find in my bank account. I only receive funds if I need cash at hand for my daily needs.
It's really crazy, if you leave an amount of money in your account at the beginning of the month, before it ends a percentage of it will be gone due to their ridiculous charges, the sad and unfortunate thing is nothing can be done.

There are now online banking system , most people now save their money there and even crypto currency is another way of bypassing those charges

There are now online banking system , most people now save their money there and even crypto currency is another way of bypassing those charges
That is what I am even doing, I do not have enough time to save so much money in the bank because I don't just see the need for that, cryptocurrency is my only bank that I can withdraw my money anytime I'm in need of it.

The monetary policies offered by most nations have put power is the hands of the commercial banks. They perpetrate an illicit act with impunity. There are no functional laws guiding against the outrageous charges. Some of the charges do not have narration.

The most unfortunate thing about this is that we will have to keep putting up with this as long as the government regulatory body is not willing to sanction these banks for this fraud

The monetary policies offered by most nations have put power is the hands of the commercial banks. They perpetrate an illicit act with impunity. There are no functional laws guiding against the outrageous charges. Some of the charges do not have narration.
Actually , most of the charges are coming from the central bank office .I could remember when my country issued about 10 cents to be charged when some one withdrawal from an ATM machine that do not belong to his bank .

This is the reason why I advice against saving your money in the bank. They will use It to get richer and give you nothing but debits and charges in return.

Wetin we no go see for Naija, stamp duty on transfer above #10,000 , monthly card maintenance fee, interbank ATM withdrawal charges, account maintenance fee, SMS alert and so on.
Most times you have some arthritis charges that banks normally charge their customers which the customers are not really available with and they don't even like it.

I think the amount of money you are charged is highly dependent on the kind of bank you use. My former bank used to charge me outrageously, and i changed.

At this point some banks try to charge on things that are not expected.. and that is very annoying.. it is happening

What are the regulators whose duty it is to monitor and check the excesses of these commercial banks doing In the light of these overwhelming evidences? Nothing

All the commercial banks in my country have a way of deducting a monthly charges on their customers accounts. This charges include; ATM maintenance fee, SMS alert charges and VAT. How do you see all this charges?
Is there a way of bypassing all or any of these charges?
Kindly share your opinion.
If one should calculate the amount these banks rip off from us in the name of charges, one would see that it is a lot of money that is why I prefer holding cash now as an alternative.

I'm always not happy with my bank each time I'm charged what I have no idea about, it always so annoying.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds