Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Outrageous Bank charges

Since when I started saving money in the bank, there has always been some deductions mostly at month end and some are even unaccounted for and that is why I even prefer to save my money in crypto currencies.
In fact, I went to the bank today to lodge some complains concerning banks unreasonable deductions, they will charge you for almost everything. Would you believe that I was charged for birthday wishes text message the bank sent to me, I was really furious as if I aka the bank to send me a message.

Advertisement Placeholder
Banks right now are very ridiculous in the way they charge people and some charges even go unexplained and that is why I do use kuda bank for all my transactions.

Wetin we no go see for Naija, stamp duty on transfer above #10,000 , monthly card maintenance fee, interbank ATM withdrawal charges, account maintenance fee, SMS alert and so on.
And that seems like the beginning, the lawmakers keep passing bill that involves more ways to increase charges so the more money one makes the more charges. I do not even disturb myself again, I make use of micro finance bank apps with no charges.

The banking system is one that has really becoming poor in the last years. The charges are ones that do not see to be ending anytime soon. Worst is that the government don't use the money well.

Outrageous bank charges is very common in my country. The bank will charge you virtually for everything that you do on their platform. The annoying part is when they charge you for maintenance of debit cards and SMS.

I think it would be very difficult to prevent the banks from deducting monies fro customers account,even if you do not want these essential services,they will still have a way of deducting your money.

I have canceled a lot of services from bank so that they do not charge me. I have canceled text message service and atm withdrawal. I only do online banking.

In my former country there are shameful fees to pay for maintenance, apart of an annual governmental tax. And this latter apply to prepaid cards too. In my current country, charges depend on the size of the bank, whether is a federal or private bank, but mostly on the account kind. A basic currency account has no charges if we mostly operate via internet banking.

The charges are just as you called them, outrageous and most of them are really not important because we can see with the new applications offering free banking are making profit.
[automerge]1624207924[/automerge]
The charges are just as you called them, outrageous and most of them are really not important because we can see with the new applications offering free banking are making profit.
[automerge]1624207957[/automerge]
[automerge]1624208098[/automerge]

The rate at which banks collect money for our accounts is alarming and annoying at the same time. Imagine i was charged for card maintenance, a card that i didnt even use at all through out that month. Most times they collect money without any legit reason.

The rate at which banks collect money for our accounts is alarming and annoying at the same time. Imagine i was charged for card maintenance, a card that i didnt even use at all through out that month. Most times they collect money without any legit reason.
There are so many rules and charges that normal customers doesn't even know. When suddenly huge amount is deducted, at that time they will say it is a rule. Very bad way to charge money from customers.

I have canceled a lot of services from bank so that they do not charge me. I have canceled text message service and atm withdrawal. I only do online banking.
I have not heard of text messaging service by the bank. Our banks here usually have an online banking facility that is free of use. The only charge I know is then I withdraw on the ATM machine of another bank. The cost of the transaction is 18 pesos (roughly 30 cents). Opening a bank account has a minimum balance depending on the type of account. But there is no charge..

There are so many rules and charges that normal customers doesn't even know. When suddenly huge amount is deducted, at that time they will say it is a rule. Very bad way to charge money from customers.
Exactly, they should let the customers know about such chargers behold hand so they can be better prepared. Not just taking it. The customer might feel they have a specific amount only to realize when they need it that its nolonger complete

Exactly, they should let the customers know about such chargers behold hand so they can be better prepared. Not just taking it. The customer might feel they have a specific amount only to realize when they need it that its nolonger complete
The hidden charges are very annoying. Now a days it has become new norm. They will never tell you the charges until and unless it is charged from your balance.

The hidden charges are very annoying. Now a days it has become new norm. They will never tell you the charges until and unless it is charged from your balance.
The one that happened to my sister recently was so annoying, they deducted some changes from her account without even stating the reason, she decided not to say anything then they did it again without giving the reasons. She had to complain to them. It was after the complains they started giving silly excuse

All the commercial banks in my country have a way of deducting a monthly charges on their customers accounts. This charges include; ATM maintenance fee, SMS alert charges and VAT. How do you see all this charges?
Is there a way of bypassing all or any of these charges?
Kindly share your opinion.
Access bank should be held mostly responsible for this, there charges are just to much, meanwhile this deduction are always affecting your savings.

Access bank should be held mostly responsible for this, there charges are just to much, meanwhile this deduction are always affecting your savings.
These days you're so many outrageous bank charges which are not supposed to be most times The Bank charge you for text message transfer charges withdrawal charges and so on and so forth.

I get annoyed when money kept in savings, keep reducing because of these charges. That is why people seem to be flocking towards digital banks like Kuda bank.

Well because of the outrageous charges I've resolved not to use any of them and just settle for kuda, zenith bank charged me 492 for sms charges and even went ahead an put my account in negative

All the commercial banks in my country have a way of deducting a monthly charges on their customers accounts. This charges include; ATM maintenance fee, SMS alert charges and VAT. How do you see all this charges?
Is there a way of bypassing all or any of these charges?
Kindly share your opinion.
This is why most people now prefers to save money in stable coins than in bank because of Bank's outrageous charges and other consequences that comes from their terms of operation

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds