Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

National or International organizations that fight against corruption

There are organization that fights corruption in my country which are called EFCC but I do not actually believe they are really doing there work because of the way things are going on in my country.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well in my country I don't really know if there are such organizations because the ones that were there became corrupt too and it is hard to fight corruption when they themselves are doing same

In nigeria, I know about my president and the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) but unfortunately, they are actually the currupt ones

There is the economic and financial crime commission in my country, but it is unfortunate that they're not doing their work. Even those heading the organization are getting arrested for corruption.

In my country Nigeria there are about to government agencies that fight corruption and they are the economic and financial crimes commission known as efcc and the independent corrupt practices commission. Both of them fight corruption but the efcc mostly financial corruption.
Most of the government organisations that are in Nigeria that are supposed to help to fight corruption are the ones that are very deep into the corrupt practices which makes them unable to do their job very well.

There is the economic and financial crime commission in my country, but it is unfortunate that they're not doing their work. Even those heading the organization are getting arrested for corruption.
It shows how corruption has eaten deep into the root of many institution and organizations. Sometimes these anti- corruption agencies become willing tools in the hands of the government.

Here in Nigeria there are a lot of national bodies that fight against corruption,agencies like Economic financial crime commission, they fight against any sort of corruption within the country.

Apart from the general law enforcement agencies like the Interpol I have never seen any external organisation that has been fighting corruption in my country only the ones that have been created by the government.

In my country, there is a notional agency that fights corruption. It is so powerful that it has been given constitutional rights to raid anyone any where, including Prime Minister office. Sadly, this agency is not functioning properly.

Internationally speaking, the ICC (international criminal court) is one of the toughest bodies that fight corruption, they make sure to investigate crimes that have to do with money laundering, crimes against humanity, war crimes, genocides etc they make sure to try any individuals who are charged of such crimes.

As far as I know, International criminal court solves disputes between two countries and this is something that is done on a higher level when two governments of two different countries get into an issue. International Court cannot do anything when it comes to issues that are related to a country's internal matters.

In my country there are some like EFCC(Economic and Financial Crimes Commission)which is really common and tries a lot to bring corrupt people to book,.They often have whistle blowers that give them information corncerning people involved in crimes and they take action against them
EFCC is trying thier best to fight corruption but the government and elite are bent to frustrate their effort. They can only be fully functional when we have system that works. But right now we are busy giving power to individuals.

EFCC is trying thier best to fight corruption but the government and elite are bent to frustrate their effort. They can only be fully functional when we have system that works. But right now we are busy giving power to individuals.
Do you think the EFCC are really doing their jobs in terms of making proper investigations before carrying out certain actions? I have heard stories about the efcc being bribed, though I do not know how true this is.

Corruption is a disease on it's own and fighting against it is a welcome development. National and international it's very important to see that corruption is being wiped or reduced to the minimum . It is mad to see a president, governor, minister, chairman's or even a counselor is involved in corrupt activities. The fight will go along way but it is a welcome one.

I know every country has an agency that fights against corruption, like the SEC and the FBI in the US, here in my country we have the economic financial crime commission and the ICPC ( independent corrupt practices comission) are the two agencies charged with combating financial crimes and corruption.

There are international and local organization that fight again corruption. Hamnesty international is an international organization that fight corruption and also prison reabilitation and human right(pralag),this local corruption fighter.

Do you think the EFCC are really doing their jobs in terms of making proper investigations before carrying out certain actions? I have heard stories about the efcc being bribed, though I do not know how true this is.
The lack of formidable system like developed countries is frustrating the work of EFCC. Like I said the countries structural gives power to individuals instead of formidable system of government. That's why we have impunity from the elite because they believe they have the power and connection to go scold free.

It's mostly international organization or bodies that genuinely fight against corruption, though the world is corrupt.
I believe that as long as the united nation is there there is always going to be a very powerful body that is out there that controls almost every other country in the world.

The lack of formidable system like developed countries is frustrating the work of EFCC. Like I said the countries structural gives power to individuals instead of formidable system of government. That's why we have impunity from the elite because they believe they have the power and connection to go scold free.
You can't actually blame them, most of our government officials are given immunity during office, hence EFCC has no power to do anything during their period of office hence they wait till they must have rounded up their tenor but the problem is that most of them prepare themselves during this period so even after their immunity is over the efcc cannot do much.

You can't actually blame them, most of our government officials are given immunity during office, hence EFCC has no power to do anything during their period of office hence they wait till they must have rounded up their tenor but the problem is that most of them prepare themselves during this period so even after their immunity is over the efcc cannot do much.
Exactly my point. The structure we have our give powers to individuals that is why we have impunity. Until we build a strong system even if it's the devil is in position of power he or she will be forced to do the right thing because they know the law is there to punish them. That's what's attainable in developed countries.

I have read about a local organization that is against corruption. However, it has no teeth, so to speak, because it is a private organization and has no authority. All they can do is to file a case against government officials. Sometimes the government would act on it but that is considered an exception.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds