Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

National or International organizations that fight against corruption

Corruption is an international problem that requires international solutions. Much corruption occurs in international business, including international government procurement, where the Bank has a special interest. To be successful, efforts to reduce this kind of corruption must deal with it at its source in capital-exporting countries as well as in developing countries. Work along these lines is being carried out by international organizations, particularly regional organizations, and by international business groups. Acts of internal corruption often have international ramifications, as is the case when their authors flee to another country to avoid detection or prosecution or try to launder the proceeds abroad.
Such international and national organization are as follows:
1.The Organization of American States' Convention. The most advanced effort so far is the Organization of American States' (OAS) Inter-American Convention Against Corruption, adopted in Caracas, Venezuela, March 29, 1996. Twenty-three of the OAS' thirty-five members have signed the convention. The convention is now in force between the countries that have ratified it: Bolivia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, and Venezuela. The convention is open to ratification by all OAS member states, and any other state may accede to it.

2. OECD Working Group on Bribery. The OECD initiative, begun in 1994, encourages member states to end the tax deductibility of bribes and criminalize the bribing of foreign officials.

3. The European Union. On May 21, 1997, the European Commission (EC) adopted a Communication to the Council and the European Parliament on a Union Policy against Corruption.

The United Nations. In December 1996 the United Nations (UN) General Assembly adopted a Declaration against Corruption and Bribery in International Commercial Transactions, as recommended by the UN Economic and Social Council.

5. Independent Corrupt Practices Commission. While the ICPC targets corruption in the public sector, especially bribery, gratification, graft, and abuse or misuse of office, the EFCC investigates people in all sectors who appear to be living above their means, and is empowered to investigate and prosecute money laundering and other financial crimes.

6. The Nigerian Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has been one of the more vocal – and at times controversial – anti-corruption agencies in Africa.

Advertisement Placeholder
Internationally, it will be difficult for you to see organization that fight corruption because every country sovereignty right but every country has a body fighting corruption.

I am not aware of any organization in my country that fight corruption but the government does have an anti-corruption department. Unfortunately, corruption is a major problem in my country.

In Nigeria, such bodies (the EFCC and the ICPC) are just tools used by the political class to witch-hunt their rivals.

Corruption is an international problem that requires international solutions. Much corruption occurs in international business, including international government procurement, where the Bank has a special interest. To be successful, efforts to reduce this kind of corruption must deal with it at its source in capital-exporting countries as well as in developing countries. Work along these lines is being carried out by international organizations, particularly regional organizations, and by international business groups. Acts of internal corruption often have international ramifications, as is the case when their authors flee to another country to avoid detection or prosecution or try to launder the proceeds abroad.
Such international and national organization are as follows:
1.The Organization of American States' Convention. The most advanced effort so far is the Organization of American States' (OAS) Inter-American Convention Against Corruption, adopted in Caracas, Venezuela, March 29, 1996. Twenty-three of the OAS' thirty-five members have signed the convention. The convention is now in force between the countries that have ratified it: Bolivia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, and Venezuela. The convention is open to ratification by all OAS member states, and any other state may accede to it.

2. OECD Working Group on Bribery. The OECD initiative, begun in 1994, encourages member states to end the tax deductibility of bribes and criminalize the bribing of foreign officials.

3. The European Union. On May 21, 1997, the European Commission (EC) adopted a Communication to the Council and the European Parliament on a Union Policy against Corruption.

The United Nations. In December 1996 the United Nations (UN) General Assembly adopted a Declaration against Corruption and Bribery in International Commercial Transactions, as recommended by the UN Economic and Social Council.

5. Independent Corrupt Practices Commission. While the ICPC targets corruption in the public sector, especially bribery, gratification, graft, and abuse or misuse of office, the EFCC investigates people in all sectors who appear to be living above their means, and is empowered to investigate and prosecute money laundering and other financial crimes.

6. The Nigerian Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has been one of the more vocal – and at times controversial – anti-corruption agencies in Africa.
There are so many body that fights against corruption so as to reduce the rate of corruption as this corrupt practices are not favourable to individuals and citizens of a country, bodies like EFCC, NAFDAC and ICPC are really doing much to eradicate corruption in the country.

Here in my country the Independent corrupt practices commission are set to do that kind of fight. There is also the economic and financial crimes commission too that is also given responsibility to do that as well

I don't really know of any of any international organisation that fight corruption, every countries of the world have their own agencies or government organisation that is capable of helping them fight corruption.

There are some very strong internatonal organisation that investigate and prosecute currupt officials,interpol enforces but a US base international curruption agencies do investigate its citizens doing some unwholesome business practices abroad.
When it comes to corruption I think that all countries should have agencies that will be saddled with the responsibility of investigating its citizens and prosecuting them when they are found to have been involved in any corruption cases so that it can serve as a deterrent to others.

Yes I do know my president was fighting corruption in my country but his administration is the most corrupted administration ever. So I recommend him as a great corruption fighter.

If you ask those that your president is fighting corruption against, they will definitely tell you that the president of their country is also corrupt as well. It's the same story in my country.

In my country we have a number of organisation that are set up to fight corruption like the economic and financial crimes commission (EFCC) there is also the Independent corrupt practices and other related offences commission (ICPC).

As a Nigerian I only believe that international organization should fight crime and corruption than national is being hijack by Government in power which is why Nigeria is is not growing

In my country we have a number of organisation that are set up to fight corruption like the economic and financial crimes commission (EFCC) there is also the Independent corrupt practices and other related offences commission (ICPC).
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in my country have been a puppet of the incumbent government as far as I see their work goes. Once you are in their party, they won't touch you.

When it comes to corruption I think that all countries should have agencies that will be saddled with the responsibility of investigating its citizens and prosecuting them when they are found to have been involved in any corruption cases so that it can serve as a deterrent to others.
I think all the countries have their own corruption body that fights against corrupts practices.But there are international bodies like in the US,that can investigate its citizens that does business abroad and any culprit involve will also be investigated,the FBI does this.

we have the economic and financial crimes commission (EFCC) established in 2007 with the aim of fighting corruption and cyber crime in my country.

Here in Nigeria we have so many agencies fight against corruption daily, like The Economic financial crime commission and the Independent Corrupt practices and related offences. They focuses on corruption and management of public funds

yes there are someone organisation that fight corruption ,but in my country all of them are corrupted including the organization they don't do what is expected of the to do which is very very bad

I know
Do you know of any organizations that fight against corruption? If so, who is it, and what do they generally focus on?
I know of one in my country, EFCC, they were supposed to investigate supposed or suspected illegal wealth of people that do not have a tangible means of income, but they don't do that, trust me.
They go about arresting and arraigning people that are struggling to make ends meet.

we have the economic and financial crimes commission (EFCC) established in 2007 with the aim of fighting corruption and cyber crime in my country.

Seriously, I'm completely disappointed with how the office of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has been running their activities unchecked in the country for years now. All the money they recover from our corrupt politicians that were sent in offshore accounts and ones in Nigeria what account have they made about the money? Who does EFCC answer to?

Seriously, I'm completely disappointed with how the office of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has been running their activities unchecked in the country for years now. All the money they recover from our corrupt politicians that were sent in offshore accounts and ones in Nigeria what account have they made about the money? Who does EFCC answer to?
The answer to the question is simple, the EFCC answers to the power that created it just as DSS answers to whoever sits in the presidential seat.

I think all the countries have their own corruption body that fights against corrupts practices.But there are international bodies like in the US,that can investigate its citizens that does business abroad and any culprit involve will also be investigated,the FBI does this.
Even if all countries do not have any special agency that can investigate for corruption when citizens do things in foreign countries I believe weight the Interpol that should be there job is in all countries of the world.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds