Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Managing a resturant

What are the problems or obstacles that arise with managing a restaurant?
For example, some people cook food and the food is not completely sold out by the end of the day, probably it spoils and they have to throw it out. How do people cope with such issues?
It is better to be familiar with the food that your customers like more, and cook less of what is not on high demand. In general, prey to cook the food in moderation to avoid waste.

Advertisement Placeholder
There are many challenges in managing a restaurant but the main challenge is when the food cooked for that day is not sold it became a waste and the only thing is to throw it away or give it out this is a big challenge and also increase in price of food stuffs also is a challenge.

I have some friends that are into the restaurant business, what they usually do is calculation, they try a particular quantity of food and see how it fares, with that they can use it in measuring how much food they would prepare, and they dont do it in an overly large quantity, most times even before the day runs out, they have sold out their food And in some cases, after selling off all they have, they might prepare a very little quantity that even if it remains it would not be much.

It is better to be familiar with the food that your customers like more, and cook less of what is not on high demand. In general, prey to cook the food in moderation to avoid waste.
yes totally agree with your comments. we have to make the smile of our customers and if they are happy then our restaurant will grow also.

It is not easy to manage a restaurant.I can say that from my experience because when I was younger I worked as a waiter and especally a big restaurant is more difficult to manage although it seems easy to us

A restaurant business is a good business you will make money if you manage the business very well. Lots of people are eating every day. If you are in a good location you will succeed. But it is a business that have much competition and many people are into it

Cooking of excess food that do not get sold is really a great challenge in a restaurant business. I think this can be dealt with by knowing your actual capacity daily and cooking only that amount. Also, you could be cooking according to orders only. Like a person orders something and you cook for them right away. Unfortunately this won't work for those foods that take long hours to cook.

For example, some people cook food and the food is not completely sold out by the end of the day, probably it spoils and they have to throw it out. How do people cope with such issues?
Location is the first thing you need to work on when starting a restaurants business, get a busy location where a lot of people frequents and needed food, then get the food you know they needs in that locality and spice it up.

Managing a restaurant is a good business is one business that you can be able 2 make income daily and the turnout is very fast.
I think the problem here is being able to predict sales and acting accordingly. Most times the issue of wastage arises because people over cook and then most times sales can't cover it. There's also the option of preserving food if there's an remaining one.

The restaurant just like any business also have its own problems. You will also have to deal with the problem of handling customers and food not being sold our.

Managing a restaurant is not an easy business or task because there are different things at play in the business from, Pricing to the environment, from comfort to staff and the funny thing is all this things could be all on point but the meal itself not be worth it, so either the cook is the owner of the restaurant or a chef but the taste really goes along way because people must eat and due to that the taste matters a whole lot.

One of the challenges of managing a restaurants business is the spoilt of cooked food due to the low numbers of customers and that's why you need to situate your restaurants in a very busy place.

My mom owns a restaurant and the issue of leftovers is the main challenge. Funny enough, if we decided to lower the percentage we cook the next day, that is when the food won't be enough. So restaurant business is very unpredictable. It fluctuates anytime
This has been a major challange to resturant owners.But one way to address this issue atleast to a minimal level,is to take note of the avearage patronage you get on a daily basis and plan from that number or even slitly for exigency.And if there are left overs in some instance you preserve it.

I think for people that just open restaurant, it’s just preferable to cook food that might not be enough for customer than cooking food that will be too much and will have to throw it out

1 Be consistent. 2 Manage proactively. 3 Learn the operation by doing the work yourself. 4 Prioritize staff retention. 5 Keep your eye on customer satisfaction.6 Improve the customer experience. 7 Take word-of-mouth seriously. ..

One of the challenges of managing a restaurants business is the spoilt of cooked food due to the low numbers of customers and that's why you need to situate your restaurants in a very busy place.
This is one of the most challenges and it it is also something I wanted to say , that is why it is better for you to locate your restaurants in a location that is populated enough to finish the food you cook on daily basis.

When managing a restaurant, you need to know the estimate of people coming to eat. That will help you cook within limit. It's better the food doesn't go round than for it to waste. Also buy raw foodstuffs in bulk to save money.

Managing a restaurant isn't that hard. The only thing needed here is for you to know how to manage humans. I mean those who will be working under you since you will be working as the supervisor

For me I think it's understanding what your customers want and giving it to them. You also need to change your menu once in a while, so as not to bore them.

It is not mandatory that you sell all the food you cook for that day completely. It doesn't happen all the time like that. But it is everyone's hope to not have left overs

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds