Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Managing a resturant

What are the problems or obstacles that arise with managing a restaurant?
For example, some people cook food and the food is not completely sold out by the end of the day, probably it spoils and they have to throw it out. How do people cope with such issues?

I worked in a certain restaurant and indeed at the end of the day what was unsold, had to be thrown away. but, I always had 3 dogs on the way home that were waiting for me loyally: D and I always took them. and I felt at peace.

Advertisement Placeholder
Managing a restaurant is easy and also not easy at the same time, it will be easy if you did a very good research on the location and if you are selling good and affordable food.

For example, some people cook food and the food is not completely sold out by the end of the day, probably it spoils and they have to throw it out. How do people cope with such issues?
I think those who manage restaurants should be very calculative.
Food cooked in large quantity without certainty of the day's market, will surely go to waste at the end of the day.
Proper planning should be carried out in that aspect.

I think one of the challenges facing restaurant operators or owners is the high cost of food items in the market. As a result, the quality and quantity of food sold is reduced and this will directly influence customers' satisfaction.

A restaurant has to deal with food and this most always be available to the people at anytime.A restaurant need a lot of money because the Ingredients for the food need to be available at all times

A lot of restaurants offer 50 percent discounts on various items after 8 or 9 PM. This will stop from the food being destroyed and also generate some income.

Managing a restaurant is a profitable business, but one has to take certain things to cognizance.
You don't just wake up and start cooking without adequate planning.
Know how much food to prepare and how much to make later when the previous is exhausted. It helps prevent food wastage.

Managing restaurant and eatery isn't just easy like we think it is. Sometimes you will have to plan well to project the number of potential customers for the day so that good won't be prepared excessively.

Managing restaurant and eatery isn't just easy like we think it is. Sometimes you will have to plan well to project the number of potential customers for the day so that good won't be prepared excessively.
That is right. One of the most challenging things in a restaurant business is having to guess the number of employees for that day. Then you can plan on cooking food that is enough for them and won't be wasted at the same time not to be scarce.

Restaurant business could be very detrimental if you do not know how to manage it. The first thing to do inorder to avoid losses is to prepare minimal food and also try to include home services. This would increase the sales and reduce potential losses.

First of all the quality of food you make must be acceptable, another factor is location, and also try as much as possible estimate your sales for the day inorder to prevent food wastage
[automerge]1637610355[/automerge]
My mom owns a restaurant and the issue of leftovers is the main challenge. Funny enough, if we decided to lower the percentage we cook the next day, that is when the food won't be enough. So restaurant business is very unpredictable. It fluctuates anytime
I understand your point. But then, there should be a pattern inwhich it's fluctuate, just try to identify the partner. Know when food would be highly demanded it would help cut losses

Last edited:
I think those who manage restaurants should be very calculative.
Food cooked in large quantity without certainty of the day's market, will surely go to waste at the end of the day.
Proper planning should be carried out in that aspect.
Yes.
This is really where the challenge lies.
When managing a restaurant, you have to know the number of customers expected a day. That would guard against food wastage.

In order to profit from a restaurant, your restaurant should be centrally located. Your restaurant needs to be in the prime business district. Your restaurant should also offer good quality foods.

My mom owns a restaurant and the issue of leftovers is the main challenge. Funny enough, if we decided to lower the percentage we cook the next day, that is when the food won't be enough. So restaurant business is very unpredictable. It fluctuates anytime
Manager a restaurant sometimes seems more challenging though its a good and lucrative business, but if there is no adequate customers , the issue of leftover food sometimes always bring loss.

That's true, I think what most restaurant do is to cook a little quantity, once they see they have exhausted it, they would prepare another batch again. What do you think of this?

One of the factors against operating a restaurant is Poor location and high rentals. You may be located too far from your target audience, or your ideal location may be draining your pockets dry. Either way, it means fewer profits, running into losses, and ultimately shutting down.

Managing a restaurants is not that easy. There are some many challenges the face through with either consumers or lack of patronage and others.

I' Managing a restaurant, the issue of having leftover food cannot be ruled out. If the leftovers are not spoilt, you can take home or give it to those that need it but if it is spoilt, it should be thrown away.

There is no business that is easy to manage restaurant business is very a good and nice business to go into, its very lucrative business if actually you know how to cook.

I' Managing a restaurant, the issue of having leftover food cannot be ruled out. If the leftovers are not spoilt, you can take home or give it to those that need it but if it is spoilt, it should be thrown away.
In as much as there are many advantages of opening and running a restaurant because of the gain, we should not write off the claim that sometimes there will be left over food which is a disadvantages to the owner of the restaurant.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds