Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Managing a resturant

The solution to excess food in the restaurant business where I worked is that they always have a quota of what they cook, this quota always seem just to be enough for the whole day, sometimes it finishes before the close of the day, while sometimes it remains a little, we have never had excess food at the close of the business for the day.

Advertisement Placeholder
According to my own point of view, cooking is not a very easy task. Because there are different type of food in the world and people have different ways of cooking, before starting a restaurant business you will have to make observation of the environment and the type of food they like, depends on how they patronizing you, once you know the type of food they like, you will have to stick to that

To manage a restaurant, I do not see great difficulties, as long as there is good financial management, a good cook with the calculation of quantities of meals, so that it does not exceed and end up damaging itself. The quality and supply of food should be on time.In addition, pests should be avoided.

The problems of every buisnesses are more or like the same thing,it is the issue of marketing and sales of goods and services.the problem of restaurants are either from the owner for not being of to the standard of people around the area,the type of food to be served and quality of the food or lack of customer to patronize you.if that arise it means there will be a lot of leftovers which results to loss.

What are the problems or obstacles that arise with managing a restaurant?
For example, some people cook food and the food is not completely sold out by the end of the day, probably it spoils and they have to throw it out. How do people cope with such issues?
Running a food business is very challenging, I have experienced it first hand, the quality of the food, the sales of the food, the staff, food storage. In food business you make money but lose a lot of it. When food doesn't get sold the best is to dispose of it, never sell left overs

Every business has its ups and downs. For a restaurant business the manager should be meticulous about how to solve problems concerning food and its customers.
For an experienced manager you should be able to tell the number of customers you get in a day, that way you will make less food and no wastage if possible.

I owned a restaurant a long time ago. I had to close my restaurant because it was not making me money instead increasing my debt. One of the issues I had with my business was not being able to control the expenses and not being to promote well.

As your know handling food business is not an easy operation, first of all the restaurant should be suited in a good location that will enable people access it easily, and provide good customer service to enable customers to come back.

I always wonder what restaurants do with the leftovers, so I would say that is a challenge. One should know the percentage of customers they receive on a normal day and cook according to that quantity so there won't be any form of wastage whatsoever.

That's why, they say everyday aren't celebration all the time. Their lousy days, very lucky days. So running loss is also part of the business. Such restaurant dealer should determine the number of people that comes to her restaurant to eat and know the quantities of food to prepare in order to avoid throwing out the unsold ones out.

Effective restaurant management involves several challenges, such as public relations, inventory, staff, and customer service. In some instances, a restaurant owner may also serve as the manager.
Either way, a strong manager is an essential component of a successful restaurant—they are usually the person who handles both staff and customer issues.

This is the most strategic aspect of restaurant management. Truly, the aspect of customer satisfaction in regards to what they eat or consume is very important. If leftovers are preserved and sold the following day to their customers, it could also lead to loss of customers. So, the area if food production should be handled with utmost care.

Any restaurant that filters leftovers and sell to the customers the next day, risks losing the customers and having very low sales. No one would like to accept such kind of food in any restaurant. If i discover that, I'll retire entirely from such shop.

Few things attached to managing a Restaurant as follows;
The site of the restaurant matters alot, the restaurant should be located in a place that is attracting customers not a place that will be chasing everyone away. The place should be taken care of every day , because your hygiene can bring enough people.
No the amount or quantity of food to prepare per day in order to avoid leftovers. And the ingredients that you normally use in preparing for the meal is very important as to the customer's health.

What are the problems or obstacles that arise with managing a restaurant?
For example, some people cook food and the food is not completely sold out by the end of the day, probably it spoils and they have to throw it out. How do people cope with such issues?
Managing A restaurant is not a hard business only of some factors are put into place such as good customers rendering, good food and neat environment. Etc.

Quote for today

Cherish whatsoever you have today and dont envy your friend who is making waves out there

The restaurant business is one of my most favourite business ideas and it is so good if you do it. On the aspect of excess food I have observed in a restaurant here they only cook small meals at a time. Though this implied that you have to cook frequently, it prevented wastage.

Well there is always one issue or the other but instead of throwing away the food , the seller would prefer to keep them in the fridge or preserve it ,but as a seller you should know the type of quantity of food you should sell and should not sell

well, I will give you some gold advices that you need for sure:
1- try to create a page on Facebook about your restaurant and put all the information's there (like the place, the foods, the prices....).
2- promote this page with some dollars to attract your city's people and let them be motivated to come and eat, especially like making some good pictures of your cooking.

3- try to reduce the number of workers as you can; if you find yourself capable of doing this business with just 3 workers, there is no need to add more because you will add money against yourself.

l think the problem here is being able to predict sales and acting accordingly.most times the issue of wastage arises because people over cook and then most times sales can't over it. There's also the option of preserving food if there's an remaining one.

The solution to excess food in the restaurant business where I worked is that they always have a quota of what they cook, this quota always seem just to be enough for the whole day, sometimes it finishes before the close of the day, while sometimes it remains a little, we have never had excess food at the close of the business for the day.
I think this might be because the restaurant planned how they will be selling their food very well , before doing any kind of business i think , the excess food will no just happen since they know and measure the quantity to make us if

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds