Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Know the Difference between Investment and Business

To know the difference we have to explain what investment and business is. First let’s take investment and ask Wikipedia for the definition. Investment is the commitment of money or capital to purchase financial instruments or other assets in order to gain profitable returns in form of interest, income, or appreciation of the value of the instrument.

Whew. Alright how about we talk that in English. Investment is just placing cash in something in the expectation of making a benefit later on. You can invest in numerous things, such countless examples of ventures like land, real estate, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, forex, and so forth....

What is business: A business is an association or organization that provides products and services and makes benefit subsequently. We have internet business, retail (buy&sell) business and other examples of business.
In my own opinion investment simply means put money into platforms and expect it to grow with time in order to generate income while business has to do with buying and selling

Advertisement Placeholder
In a business you have to actively manage the happenings around the business while in investment you do not necessarily have to do so.

Both business and investment are kind of related, I think investment is a kind of business because I believe business is anything you are doing that is giving you profit, and when you invest, it yield profit on the long run.

Both business and investment are kind of related, I think investment is a kind of business because I believe business is anything you are doing that is giving you profit, and when you invest, it yield profit on the long run.
In a business you have to work because the business is a job. With an investment you just sit down and wait for the profit (and hopefully there will be no losses). Think of buying stocks that you will just wait for the dividends. That is investment for earning a profit. You can also consider real estate as the best investment for a better profit.

Business could be in terms of small scale or large business corporations while investment could be buying long term assets,it could be buying shares and stocks or buying and holding crypto

Your explanation is very incisive and very comprehensive. It's true that investment is when you put your money to buying financial instruments or assets inorder to make profit in the future. Business involves buying and selling. Whether it's buying or selling, all points to money making ways. So it's pertinent to be very serious in making money.

You have spoken at length about investment and business, in more simplified terms, business requires more activity and input than investment

This is actually a good topic because a lot of people use this together whenever they want to commit there capital in something that will bring more money to them

Business is when people are working for you, while investment is when your money is working for you. Check our profile signature for an investment under a Government licensed, regulated, monitored and audited financial firm where your money can work for you. Our target is an average of 10%+ monthly return to investors after performance fees.
[automerge]1613028814[/automerge]
Business is when people are working for you, while investment is when your money is working for you. Check our profile signature for an investment under a Government licensed, regulated, monitored and audited financial firm where your money can work for you. Our target is an average of 10%+ monthly return to investors after performance fees.
Most times I see both of them as one investment and business most times they are one because a business is an investment and investment is a business.

Investment is putting your money on something to make profits at a later date while business is the buying and selling of goods and services in exchange for money.

[automerge]1613028814[/automerge]
Most times I think that investment mean the same thing as business just the use of the register because of business is also called an investment and investment most times they are called business.

Investment is putting your money on something to make profits at a later date while business is the buying and selling of goods and services in exchange for money.
My definition of investment is a scheme where you put your money for an expected gain by profit, dividend, interest or any other way. In other words, you are earning something by just sitting and doing nothing. With business you have a big stake with the capital and the labor for the operation.

Investment is the process where you gives or put your money in someone else business while your money keeps working for you while a business is when you buy products and sell or buy or do a transaction with your money

When people are investing they are setting aside a particular amount of money on something that will generate some interest to them depending on how long they want to invest.

The plans and pattern of speculation and Business may be unique yet they are practicing something similar. As indicated by your definition above show that venture is a section/sort of business since anything you utilize the cash to purchase or place cash in too with the point of getting a return of the cash from it either by day by day, week by week, month to month or yearly pay is a business. The venture is a strategy for making business.

I think the main difference is that in business you are the boss and you literally have to work for your profits but in investment, you are not your own boss but you're literally investing in another person's business with the purpose of sharing some percentage of the business profits

The terms of investment and Business may different but they are almost the same. According to your definition above show that investment is a part/type of business because anything you use a money to buy or put money in to with aim of to be getting return of the money from it either by daily, weekly, monthly or yearly income is a business.
So, investment is a method of making business

The terms Investments and business are quite similar in that both need you to commit some money in anticipation of future profit or benefit. On the surface, an investment product and a business may appear to be worlds apart. One vehicle involves investing your money in financial markets and the other functions by selling products and services to people. The key difference, however, is that in business; you are actively involved in management while in investments, your role is more passive.
I think the two words appear to be similar,it all depends on the parspective you are looking at it from.If it has to do with an invidual putting out his money in an established outfit to generate a returns without him being active,then it is an investment in that parspective.Else the active involvement is the business part.

They share the share the same objective from my perspective. Investment is more of a long term goal while business is not really a long term goal.

This your definition is very confusing I can also invest on my business. Does it make my investment a business? Or does it make my business an investment

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds