Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Key Points to know if you have wasted your time on Work

The best way to measure ones time on a job is to check if the work is productive or not. If the work is productive you will definitely know that you didn't waste your time on the said job

Advertisement Placeholder
How many hours did you spend on your work and how much money did you get in return. Now analyze your earnings in terms of your country's average income and you will find out whether you wasted your time or not.

For you to know that you have wasted your time on a job is after spending a lot of resources on the business without yielding result, you will know that you have wasted your time on the job.

Spending more resources for unproductive work is just a waste of time. Though spending lot of resources to make the business more productive is not bad , but while using less resources , you can save more money.

It's a good thing if we can access our work and see how far we have gone. One thing I tend to apply to our everyday work is priority order. Set the priority right ad you are en route to having a successful day.

It is always important that you as an employee should always evaluate how much your work is being valued in a place and you can compare it with what is obtainable elsewhere.

You could contribute to the development of the company , by taking note of the company goals and objectives then look for all possible means to put them into consideration too , and also make enquiry to Know your impact

For you to know that you have wasted your time on a work, you will need to know if the result that you get from such work is commensurate with the time and resources dedicated to the job.

An average worker can have a total time of working for 8 hours straight, however some of us after completing work we tend to recall what are the things we have done for the past 8 hours and some might end up left unanswered.

Now to avoid such problems and doubt if you just have wasted your 8 hours of work, try to reflect on these questions.

1. How should the individual in this position contribute to the organization’s mission?

2. How do employees assess their work's impact?

3. How do individuals communicate with clients and users in this role?

These questions are my usual keypoints to know if I have wasted my 8 hours in the workplace or not, I do hope it help you as well. How about you? If you have something to add please feel free to drop it in the comment.
This is a very nice question for those who are working eight hours a day. I could not answer this question now because I am not working eight hours a day.

For you to know that you have wasted your time on a work, you will need to know if the result that you get from such work is commensurate with the time and resources dedicated to the job.
The key is the workload vis-a-vis your output. If you are producing above average number of output then that is good performance. That is how they compute performance in factories.

If you don't feel full filled in the job you're doing,if you don't feel you're contributing enough to the society as you would want then it means you're wasting your time there

During the process of working one might end up not making it at first but at the long wrong the little input could yield to the solution or the problem no effort is wasted

If they work that you are doing does not look like it is going to be solving any problem then you might as well consider it as a failure also together with if you cannot market it.

If I am working for somebody first question I always ask myself is
Does this work contribute in anyway to my own development ?

In nigeria the only way to know is if you are not getting well paid or your expenses is much more than your salary that is how we nin nigeria know if we are wasting our time on a business company

The best thing to a do inorder to avoid wasting your time at work is setting target for yourself and trying as much as possible to reach the target

Defining priorities, setting out to embrace your passion by developing the love for what you're about to invest in...write out your plans then source for funds to start you journey to correcting your mistakes.

I can't really understand what you listed, but as what I understand about your point is that how to know when one is wasting time on work. Anyway, before you can start a business/work you have to make a plan and goals setting of day or week, so that you will know what you are working for to achieve. and you must make you are making effort towards your goals, then if you can not able to achieves or close to your goals in a day or week, You are wasting your time.

It's actually why when it comes to some certain jobs, once they have have employed you and your documentation completed, the company is having you to get enrolled in their business education.

People can be very lazy at work. This is the reason why you might discover that some of them are busy doing nothing and this will eventually affect the output of the business. It is your Duty to monitor everything as a business owner.

The first way I will feel that I've wasted my time or I have been unproductive is when I am not able to achieve what I set out to achieve on a particular day and also when I see that I have not been able to get any experience from the work and have no positive change in behaviour that would add to my experience then is a waste of time!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds