Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Key Points to know if you have wasted your time on Work

There are forums where you have to spend 3 hours to make $1. This is a huge time waster. Then there is this forum where you can earn $1 in 60-70 minutes, this is not a time waster as long as $1 is a good money in your place.

Advertisement Placeholder
One should actually assess if they are using their time well at work. Some people could be at work but doing other things like checking their phones or talking with coworkers. At the end of the day, they have wasted 8 hours and achieved so little.

An average worker can have a total time of working for 8 hours straight, however some of us after completing work we tend to recall what are the things we have done for the past 8 hours and some might end up left unanswered.

Now to avoid such problems and doubt if you just have wasted your 8 hours of work, try to reflect on these questions.

1. How should the individual in this position contribute to the organization’s mission?

2. How do employees assess their work's impact?

3. How do individuals communicate with clients and users in this role?

These questions are my usual keypoints to know if I have wasted my 8 hours in the workplace or not, I do hope it help you as well. How about you? If you have something to add please feel free to drop it in the comment.
Whenever I realise that I have not achieved positive results on my targets for the day, it is an indication that I had wasted my time on the job.

An average worker can have a total time of working for 8 hours straight, however some of us after completing work we tend to recall what are the things we have done for the past 8 hours and some might end up left unanswered.

Now to avoid such problems and doubt if you just have wasted your 8 hours of work, try to reflect on these questions.

1. How should the individual in this position contribute to the organization’s mission?

These questions are my usual keypoints to know if I have wasted my 8 hours in the workplace or not, I do hope it help you as well. How about you? If you have something to add please feel free to drop it in the comment.
Over here in Nigeria, there are some people who work more than 12 hours in a day and still not get paid well. So, if you happen to do 8 hours, you get 4 more hours to spare.

You can simply know if you've wasted time and efforts if you do not come close to meeting your set target or goals at the end of the day.
[automerge]1637359754[/automerge]
You can simply know if you've wasted time and efforts if you do not come close to meeting your set target or goals at the end of the day.

If the progress you are making about them task is nothing to write home about issues that you are wasting your time with what you are doing. it will be good to stop and check out the reason why things don't go the way you want and make some adjustments.

I would say one should always try to overcome all the challenges and also try to be more committed and more dedicated to the business and giving up should never be an option

If you had set your goals to achieve on a particular day, and evaluated yourself at the end of the day; you would get to know if you actually achieved much or not. Look at the volume of work you were able to do in a day and the results achieved.

That's just it. When you set your goals realistically for the day or week, there's no way you wouldn't figure it out. You will decipher it all, you will know what are you work best with ease and what area you need improvement on.

Self assessment and employee assessment are very key in determining how productive employees are or how well they've managed to improve production.

You have to be a well mannered business man, you have to employ good management skills and avoid unnecessary spending.

That's just it. When you set your goals realistically for the day or week, there's no way you wouldn't figure it out. You will decipher it all, you will know what are you work best with ease and what area you need improvement on.
I believe the best Tim to know if you have wasted your time on work is when the work is not giving a positive outcome and there's no improvement no matter how hard you try.

Most times, before i start any kind of work i allocate time to each of the things i want to get done and if i'm not able to complete the work in that particular time i've allocated to it then i would know i wasted some of my time.

Wasting time because you do not want to do something when you could have already completed the task with the time you’ve wasted is time you will never get back. Procrastinating is very common, but such a detriment to progress and efficiency.

This is actually very correct because when you already have your goals mapped out and you work towards getting them realised you would definitely not waste your time.

Signs You're Wasting Life But You Can't Admit It
  • You spend too much time doing things you shouldn't be doing. ...
  • You find yourself complaining a lot. ...
  • You don't feed your mind. ...
  • You have a lot of negative self-talk. ...
  • You feel uninspired. ...
  • You don't plan for your future. ...
  • You spend too much time with people who don't contribute to your growth. ...
  • You're addicted to your phone.
This is actually why it is very important for you to have a schedule on what you work on on daily basis because it is going to help you to focus on the things that are very important.

Whenever I realise that I have not achieved positive results on my targets for the day, it is an indication that I had wasted my time on the job.
Whenever you realises you have not achieved acheive your aim and objectives in you business , and you have think that you have tried your possible best ,nthen you must realised you have wasted your time.

You would be able to attest that you wasted your time at work if you are not getting the required result. The result that is needed inorder to achieve success is rated with respect to time.

To determine if you have wasted time on a work is to ask yourself do basic questions, questions like have added impact in anyway, have you benefited from it in anyway, how success have you achieved and many others important questions this will help you determine that

I believe that the moment you begin to notice that the clients that you have stepped up for the business is no longer becoming comfortable with what they are buying or you are no longer achieving your plans then I think it is time to start considering that the business has failed.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds