Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Key Points to know if you have wasted your time on Work

According to my own point of view it all depends on the reaction of your boss, if you have done a great job your boss will be happy and you will be rewarded, but if you have waste your time in that very work your boss will not be happy and he might reject the work this means you have just waste your time on that work

Advertisement Placeholder
For every vocation, the work you put in is suppose to be enjoyable.If you get into a job where you get a comfortable pay check,and you don't share in the the vision of the firm,you might bearly learn any thing from your time in there.
Experience on the job is one of the indicators that shows you have not waisted your time.

When you discover that your business is not moving fine and you are spending lots of time and effort to achieve a thing, then it is time to halt and reschedule your plans and idea. I advice you re-evaluation your initial plan and make up something new and creative.

In developing a business you need to have a good experience in management and also in marketing
You have to be able to and you should be able to know how to communicate and have a sound knowledge on information and technology

An average worker can have a total time of working for 8 hours straight, however some of us after completing work we tend to recall what are the things we have done for the past 8 hours and some might end up left unanswered.

Now to avoid such problems and doubt if you just have wasted your 8 hours of work, try to reflect on these questions.

1. How should the individual in this position contribute to the organization’s mission?

2. How do employees assess their work's impact?

3. How do individuals communicate with clients and users in this role?

These questions are my usual keypoints to know if I have wasted my 8 hours in the workplace or not, I do hope it help you as well. How about you? If you have something to add please feel free to drop it in the comment.
I want to believe that your submission is based on a daily basis self analysis and review at work. If all this questions skips through an employee's mind all the time without taking a bold step to answer them, it is just a waste if time. Everyone working must have a way of contributing to their organization, now in the case of doing nothing for the organization, all the questions raised in your post are needed to be answered

I run a school. My method of evaluation is based on the dailys work. I ask all teachers to bring one note each randomly from the students to confirm if they have truely completed that days work by cross checking with the time table.
But what if the random student you picked ain't the serious type. Will the teacher bear the blame? And we all know that the work load for teachers is not a small deal. Usually the time available is not enough with so much to do

You should spend your time in some work . You can spend your time in watching some movies to entertainment .But you should not give all the time to watching the tv and movies you should start a business .If you have knowledge and experience you can make your business successful.

What you have said is an absolute no brainer. You should constantly evaluate yourself in your work place. You should take into consideration the work in which you put, your position, the companies growth and how much you earn then you should in turn

An average worker can have a total time of working for 8 hours straight, however some of us after completing work we tend to recall what are the things we have done for the past 8 hours and some might end up left unanswered.

Now to avoid such problems and doubt if you just have wasted your 8 hours of work, try to reflect on these questions.

1. How should the individual in this position contribute to the organization’s mission?

These questions are my usual keypoints to know if I have wasted my 8 hours in the workplace or not, I do hope it help you as well. How about you? If you have something to add please feel free to drop it in the comment.
The way or method I use personally at my working place is to make everything I do for the day look good as usual,and I will be expecting any of my boss to come in and check my work if there is no complain so am good to go then.

If the individual isn't productive in the field given to him, it will be ousted out from the work. He needs to examine what he is capable of doing before seeking for the job.

These points are very legit and I totally agree with you. I always ask myself these questions as well and influences my decision regarding value of a worker.

An average worker can have a total time of working for 8 hours straight, however, some of us after completing work we tend to recall what are the things we have done for the past 8 hours and some might end up left unanswered.

These questions are my usual key points to know if I have wasted my 8 hours in the workplace or not, I do hope it help you as well. How about you? If you have something to add please feel free to drop it in the comment.
The best way to know your daily work impact is to set a target or goal for that day's work. It is better set before resuming work on that day, after which you measure how far you accomplished your work.

I don't think there is any key word that should shows whether you have wasted money💰 but you need to determine the type of business that best fit you

It's actually good to track your activities after a day's work to know your progress, i usually jot down key points in the process of working, so that i later reflect on the key points to refresh my memory.

You need to check your time everyday to know if you are wasting time on the things you are doing, you need to work and have time to risk and never to be wasting your time.

Well, concerning your question on wasting time at work, first of all, I would like to say that the phrase 'wasting time' is relative to individuals, ineed it is, as what might seem as time wasting to a business owner might not to another

some of the key points to know if you have wasted your time on a particular tax or what is not making progress in what you are doing. When you're not seeing progress means that you are doing nothing and you have to change strategy.

Knowing how much your work has impacted your organization is a great way to know if your input has been high or low, positive or negative, everyone should indeed have a way to evaluate themselves this will help in making you productive in your job.

You can know this by setting goals for yourself maybe daily or weekly and then you can compare this with the company's growth and data from outside companies.

If there is any thing that can be done to change the monotonous nature of our jobs sometimes, I think it might help to give some people a feeling of fulfilment in their job roles also

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds