Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Key Points to know if you have wasted your time on Work

The first is the monetary aspect, you should be able to be paid as agreed and in a way that goes with the obtainable in the market. You work should also add value.

Advertisement Placeholder
Your poin is well on track,because based on the issue in focus,which is the job,If your overall job and activity has no bearing to the sets goals inline with the vision of the firm,then it amount to a waste of effort.And also if you are not growing by learning on the job.

The first is the monetary aspect, you should be able to be paid as agreed and in a way that goes with the obtainable in the market. You work should also add value.
Since online market is very vast, it is sometimes very tough to consider the monetary value of every platfrom at first. With time as we gain knowledge, then we will start to understand that how monetary acpect is determined.

I think one of the best way to access your self on a daily basis is by setting a goal for yourself. Today this is what i hope to achieve, this is what i hope to cover during this time. And if you are able to meet up with that, then you are making good use of your time. Then if you are able to even achieve more than what you planed it means you are doing really well.

I think one of the best way to access your self on a daily basis is by setting a goal for yourself. Today this is what i hope to achieve, this is what i hope to cover during this time. And if you are able to meet up with that, then you are making good use of your time. Then if you are able to even achieve more than what you planed it means you are doing really well.
One of the key points to know if you have wasted your time in the particular business or investment news seeing the business not succeeding and going down everything.

One of the key points to know if you have wasted your time in the particular business or investment news seeing the business not succeeding and going down everything.
If the business succeeds and fails from time to time it means there might be something you are doing wrong. You might not actually be totally wasting your time, but you might just be doing something wrong that needs correcting.

If the business succeeds and fails from time to time it means there might be something you are doing wrong. You might not actually be totally wasting your time, but you might just be doing something wrong that needs correcting.
There might be something wrong. And that fault is need to rectified. Normally people tend to overlook their mistake. But for a long term profitability, it is necessary to correct every mistake.

An average worker can have a total time of working for 8 hours straight, however some of us after completing work we tend to recall what are the things we have done for the past 8 hours and some might end up left unanswered.

Now to avoid such problems and doubt if you just have wasted your 8 hours of work, try to reflect on these questions.

1. How should the individual in this position contribute to the organization’s mission?

2. How do employees assess their work's impact?

3. How do individuals communicate with clients and users in this role?

These questions are my usual keypoints to know if I have wasted my 8 hours in the workplace or not, I do hope it help you as well. How about you? If you have something to add please feel free to drop it in the comment.
You have very good point up there. one should be able to determine whether or not he or she has wasted time on a particular work or not because it is always said and believed that time wasted is life wasted.

This is a factual statement! For one to know wether he wasted time in his business he has to focus more on how his employees runs the business,are they self esteemed or are they devoted towards the growth of the business.

There might be something wrong. And that fault is need to rectified. Normally people tend to overlook their mistake. But for a long term profitability, it is necessary to correct every mistake.
Exactly, many people tend to give up once they experience failure, without looking where they are at fault or what they did wrong or like you said, they usually overlook these things.

Well there is a book I read that really spoke volumes, the seven habits of highly effective people and it is important to be proactive, ability to plan ahead be in one's days

Well there is a book I read that spoke volumes, the seven habits of highly effective people and it is important to be proactive, ability to plan be in one's days
I agree, I think planning ahead gives an individual a sense of Direction, just like you rightly said being proactive is also very important.

If after spending so much on a business and it did not yield a good or reasonable profits that is commensurate with the level of time, energy, funds and some other resources then one can conclude such business is a wasted efforts.

After I completed my education, I started working. In the past 5 years, I have worked in 3 companies, and I did not waste my time in any of these companies.

An average worker can have a total time of working for 8 hours straight, however some of us after completing work we tend to recall what are the things we have done for the past 8 hours and some might end up left unanswered.

Now to avoid such problems and doubt if you just have wasted your 8 hours of work, try to reflect on these questions.

1. How should the individual in this position contribute to the organization’s mission?

These questions are my usual keypoints to know if I have wasted my 8 hours in the workplace or not, I do hope it help you as well. How about you? If you have something to add please feel free to drop it in the comment.
The communication skills have been the first because its the first every thing we do even before starting anything. Good communication sometimes can make 8 hours job 2 hours...

The communication part should've been the first because its the first ever thing we do even before starting anything. Good communication sometimes can make 8 hours job 2 hours.
[automerge]1625168898[/automerge]
You can tell that you have wasted your time on work when you don't feel that you're paid right and when you think that you deserve better. You should be happy on what your doing to be more productive at work.
This is very common in my country, they don't pay because you have done a well-done job but deduct if there was vice versa, that's my country for you...

Last edited:
It is a very painful thing to have wasted your time and resources on a particular work. You will know that a business has failed and have wasted your time after the resources and funds put together did not yield a tangible result that will benefits the business.

Am a freelancer and most times I work round the clock most days, so I find it really difficult to measure my work rate and productivity. I will like to know how to do so.

You will know that you have wasted your time on a business if at the end of all the efforts you put into it and nothing productive comes out of it then you know that you've wasted your time.

I want to believe that there are job description for employees and that there are tasks assigned to be done,if that's the case how have you fared in the task given to you to accomplish within the time frame alloted for completion.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds