Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Key Points to know if you have wasted your time on Work

You will know if you have wasted time if you do not get your desired results by the end of the task. It's part of being productive to keep track of your tasks and find out if you reached completion

Advertisement Placeholder
To know you have wasted time on work is when the work has not yielded much positive results. Calculate the work out come per time spent and by doing that you should be able to tell if you have spent your time worthwhile or not. As they say time is money and so is work.

If you have wasted your time on work, trust me your intuition would tell you, you must not be told.but it is very simple to know if you have wasted your time, just reminisce, since you started working, what have you got to show for it?

An average worker can have a total time of working for 8 hours straight, however some of us after completing work we tend to recall what are the things we have done for the past 8 hours and some might end up left unanswered.

Now to avoid such problems and doubt if you just have wasted your 8 hours of work, try to reflect on these questions.

1. How should the individual in this position contribute to the organization’s mission?

2. How do employees assess their work's impact?

3. How do individuals communicate with clients and users in this role?

These questions are my usual keypoints to know if I have wasted my 8 hours in the workplace or not, I do hope it help you as well. How about you? If you have something to add please feel free to drop it in the comment.
Thank you for enlightening me about these. Sometimes, you think you have done the best whereas unknowingly it is even the worse, more reason a person needs Someone to be checking his acts especially in the line of business. I am so inspired by every part of this thread. Thank you very much.

The major point would be if you have put in so much effort at work. But then the reward or the payment you recieve is not worth the effort. Also if the company is not looking like it is heading towards any meaningful direction.

When it is not yielding anything. Some people have worked in a place for years yet nothing to show for it, you will know that you have wasted your time and you should start looking at other alternatives. Some people are not where they are suppose to be that's why they are not making it in life. Once you have nothing to show for what you are doing, make a change.

If you have a job that you do, you can evaluate yourself daily. Mind you no effort is wasted, if its not yielding the desired outcome now doesn't mean it won't later. Sometimes instead of doing something not profitable that hour, you can pick a book and read.

I believe for every gathering there times when some don't see the usefulness of waiting or been in such a gathering because to some of us it a waste of time and waste of time to some is like a waste of resource, time is very precious and it should be used judiciously, always make proper use of your time, make it meaningful.

I wouldn't agree with what you wrote up there. You only know you have wasted a lot of time on your job when you fail to reach your goals and objectives. When you don't find fulfillment in what you do.

Wasting of time o a particular thing is relative, it happens to everyone on a daily basis without notice. You can imagine someone on phone from morning till evening chatting with friends. Such is surely into something but it's just a waste of time.

Key Points to know if you have wasted your time on Work​

You have a lot of negative self-talk. ...
You feel uninspired. ...
You don't plan for your future. ...
You spend too much time with people who don't contribute to your growth. ...
You're addicted to your phone.

That's just it. When you set your goals realistically for the day or week, there's no way you wouldn't figure it out. You will decipher it all, you will know what are you work best with ease and what area you need improvement on.

If you are unproductive at work, without positive outcome, mood swing, blaming others, doing unnecessary things while at work and Subordination. Here are some things to know if you wasted your time.

An average worker can have a total time of working for 8 hours straight, however some of us after completing work we tend to recall what are the things we have done for the past 8 hours and some might end up left unanswered.

Now to avoid such problems and doubt if you just have wasted your 8 hours of work, try to reflect on these questions.

1. How should the individual in this position contribute to the organization’s mission?

These questions are my usual keypoints to know if I have wasted my 8 hours in the workplace or not, I do hope it help you as well. How about you? If you have something to add please feel free to drop it in the comment.
In the first place I think it is out of place to work for 8 hours stretch. It makes life more difficult for employees such that at the end of the day they become so tired that they couldn't recall anything good they did for themselves, or for the company. Our labor laws should be reviewed to address this issues.

Spending time worthwhile is something i do without knowing. The way i squander time at work is taking quick naps which in turn refreshes me for the workload ahead though i love what do cause i stay back to finish up when am my colleagues are gone.

I totally agree with your points most Especially the number 2 part where you said been able to access ones work will help the employee to know if the he or she has waste his or her time for the period of been at work. I think this idea is welcome as it won't be pallatable to just go to work and waste time their

Firstly, one should try to verify the website on a website known as lookup website.com. after wards check how people are cashing out from the website on YouTube, and lastly, there should be at least a form verification and investing due. If all thelse criteriascriteria are met then, you are on the right track.

21 May 2018 — You can't instantly name the benefit. There's this old story about a meatloaf recipe. You can't point to a company goal it relates to. In an ideal world, every single thing you do at work directly ties to some sort of overarching company goal. You're doing it for someone who has never thanked you

Proper time maximization is a key to productivity in anything and business y schedule your self proper to allow you focus on the needful task, starting from the simplest to complex, avoid spending too much time on irrelevant tasks so as ti be able to maximize your Time

When I'm working I have a task manager book, where I document all my tasks for the day, so when I'm done for work I'll tick off all what I've done and take note of the ones I'll need to do later.
This helps me keep track of all my activities at work.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds