Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Key Points to know if you have wasted your time on Work

You would easily know that you have wasted your time if you work in a role whereby you have been given a daily target which must be achieved. The target may not be achieved everyday but in most days. The moment you notice you have not been able to achieve the stated target multiple times, then a lot of time is being wasted.

Advertisement Placeholder
I believe as long as you're being paid, you're not wasting your time. But I'll advice that if you're working and you have excess free time like government school workers, use those time to invest in yourself online

If you are positioned in the wrong job, you are wasting your time. If you are on a job that does not interest you, you are wasting your time. If you are doing a job that you do not have skills and knowledge, you are also wasting your time. It does not matter what you are doing, what ultimately matters is your interest, passion, skills and knowledge.

How should the individual in this position contribute to the organization’s mission?
This is a valid point, I believe if one knows what to do or what their roles are in a workplace, then they can carry it out effectively and quickly. As a fashion designer, sometimes people give me a material to design and they are amazed when I design it in a very short period of time. It's not magic, it's because I already know what to do, how to draft and cut it out, what sides to put together to achieve the style requested for.
So, knowing one's role in an organization helps one from putting in wasted effort and time.

You spend too much time doing things you shouldn't be doing. ...
You find yourself complaining a lot. ...
You don't feed your mind. ...
You have a lot of negative self-talk. ...
You feel uninspired. ...
You don't plan for your future. ...
You spend too much time with people who don't contribute to your growth. ...
You're addicted to your phone

I have a certain measurement I usually use to weigh my profitability in whatever I'm doing and once I see that it's too low, I will bow out immediately. Whenever you're engaged in something and you're asking yourself what I've I gained from this? If you can't give yourself a good answer then you have successfully wasted your time.

If you spend more of your time daydreaming, planning, or thinking about the future than you do working to bring about that future, you are are not making the most of your life. People who make something of themselves don't sit around daydreaming about what the future may be like

In my case, there is no way to waste my working hours, as it is constant work and I have already gotten used to it. But in fact I have had to evaluate part of the staff, and in some cases if there is loss of time in the performance of functions during the workday.

Your time is limited, but you do have more than enough to create an ... We do similar things to ourselves. ... your knowledge and you know what work you will do that day.

Its a great point of accessing how impactful a worker had been to an organization, mostly I also have a set of accessment to use in knowing how impact that my worj had been in the organization. One of them is how my work has contributed to the company and the society and the business

YOU CAN’T INSTANTLY NAME THE BENEFIT
There’s this old story about a meatloaf recipe. I’ll spare you the long-winded version, but essentially generation after generation would cut the ends off of the meatloaf before putting it in the oven. Nobody ever asked why–they just stuck with what the instructions called for

You don't go to work and called it a waste of time, unless you're engaged in a task you don't like or you were placed in a section where you don't have much knowledge about, but I believe you don't go to work for 8 hours and calls it a waste of time

I don't completely agree that you waste time at job. It's either you gain experience knowledge or your makeup days for your earnings. the thing about being productive is that it is a collective issue. You cannot say you have spent the past 8 hours doing nothing even when there is nothing to do at the office, you gain more experience or learn patience at the job.

Some employees claim they work for long hours and even over time. They are forgetting the right questions to ask themselves whether their long hours of work has added to the company's growth or has any impact on the company's growth.
To know if you have wasted hours in working or not, you need to measure your performance and see if you have actually contributed something positive to the business

You cannot quantify the amount of work that an employee had done in the day no matter what textbook method you use. The best way to measure the work is to check on the chore if they are all done and to also check the result or finished projects. One line that says - How do employees assess their work's impact - that is plain management theory and never have given good results. Can you assess your work's impact on the mission and vision of the company? That is impossible.

You need to tally the time you spend doing the work with the money you will be earning. If you are spending a lot of time on the work that rewards a little money. You are definitely wasting your time. As far as I am concerned, I always make sure that I earn at least $1 when I work one hour. This pay rate is for the work I do online. For an offline job, where I get a regular kind of client, I will be charging at least $5 per hour. I cannot go beyond my price structure. Even when I am on paid to post site, I need to make sure I earn at least $1 by working one hour

When you've wasted your time doing one work you will definitely know because you will not get the desired output and you won't even be satisfied with the product, which means your effort was just fruitless.

That's just it. When you set your goals realistically for the day or week, there's no way you wouldn't figure it out. You will decipher it all, you will know what are you work best with ease and what area you need improvement on.

You already have the general idea of the organization with which you work with. So what you can do is to set a daily target of things you need to get done satisfactorily. When you tick off all the boxes for the day, you'd know whether or not your time has been wasted.

You spend too much time doing things you shouldn't be doing. You find yourself complaining a lot. You don't feed your mind. You have a lot of negative self talk. You feel uninspired. You don't plan for your future

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds