Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is starting a phone charging business easy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A business like this can only thrive in developing countries that lack constant supply of Electricity.

This business does not calls for much capital, sum of $200 would be enough to start this business.

Apart from little capitals it requires, it is easy to operate and manage. You just need to be very vigilante you are planning to go into this business and simple book keeping knowledge, that all it requires to manage it.

Advertisement Placeholder
For those who have lived in developing countries, it is common to see areas that do not have access to electricity and the people living there have great need of recharging their phones, torches, radios and the likes.
Is it easy starting up a small shop that one would be rendering this service to them while they pay?
I see a lot of such shops where I live but I don't know how easy it is to start such a business and how profitable it can be.
Do you have any idea?
Charging of phone is indeed a profitable business ideas, especially when it is positioned around central market place where different type of people comes there for the purpose of buying and selling. As a new starter, what you have to consider is that you must be security conscious and be at alert, and make sure you get a big locket that could contain all the phones and other rechargeable valuable gadgets that would be brought for charging.

Yes, starting a phone charging business is very better and useful. It can be started with a very low investment and can be expand it as required. This business is much profitable and valuable. And every one needs a phone charger to charge his phone.

In one remote province here called Batanes that's where I saw a phone charging service in one native convenience store - this is a small store selling food and household items. The phone charging service is the business of the 9-year old daughter of the owner. It is just for fun although the child earns some coins from the customers. It is a place where electricity is quite rare in some communities hence the residents go to the nearby community with electricity to charge their phone. Frankly, it is a business for children only.

In Nigeria here to be more specific, a lot of people and locations don't ha e electricity or the supply is very poor. You can then buy a petrol or diesel powered engine and charge their phones and rechargeables for some money. It is not difficult setting up a place because you don't even need it to be that big. You would buy chargers and then choose a most suitable location for your business.

When I initially saw this discussion thread, I just didn't see the viability of this idea. In fact, I didn't even see it as a business venture. However, having read through this whole thread, it sounds to me like it's very dependent on where you are. In my country, we grapple with power issues from time to time, but this venture would fall flat on its face. People charge at home, in their cars, at work, at friends and family members' houses if they have to. But also, manufacturers have spotted a gap in the market and offer power banks, which I think were initially aimed at outdoor lovers like those who love to go camping. So, no, it wouldn't work in Botswana or South Africa at all.

Things has changed, the world is advancing technologically and new and better ways of doing things are being introduced

Phone charging business would only be profitable in rural areas where they lack electricity to have their phones charged.

as lucrative as phone charging business is, it has its own problem which is area-selective. in my neighborhood, we enjoy steady electricity power supply and you can never find a single charging center here. so, this kind of business only thrives in a place where there's epileptic power supply

Phone charging business is very profitable business.

Here in my area it has helped so many unemployed to be able to fend for themselves.

People are making huge money in this business.

Some people do charge a fee of 50 to 100 to charge per phone to the number of persons per day.

Due to lack of electricity in this part of the world people are converting this disadvantage to their own advantage

Starting a phone charging buisness is one of the best buisness to do in rural areas where their source of electricity is poor,all you need is find a good location where you can easily site your shop.the required capital are not much,what you need is a good generating set and enough socket to fix to be able to contain enough chargers and make your cool cash.

Yes it is a very profitable business although it depends on the location you are. In most rural areas where there is rarely any electricity supply and the indigenes of that geographical area has or own a smartphone, then there is a high tendency that they will want to charge their phone in your shop. Even in an urban area with history of always having electricity problems, you can still earn alot in that particular localtion.

Concerning a phone recharge business, I believe it can be profitable that is when you establish the business in an area where you know that there isn't accessibility of power supply, you can start a business and earn your cash

For those who have lived in developing countries, it is common to see areas that do not have access to electricity and the people living there have great need of recharging their phones, torches, radios and the likes.
Is it easy starting up a small shop that one would be rendering this service to them while they pay?
I see a lot of such shops where I live but I don't know how easy it is to start such a business and how profitable it can be.
Do you have any idea?
I don't know more about it. But I think this could be a part time business to serve people. In developing contrives, electricity issue is the main issue. This issue really a big hurdle in charging phones, torches etc. This business could be start in developing countries and make it profitable by adapting some strong strategies.

Get a kiosk built out of wood or steel with specific instructions to be made to fit a charging booth. For a thing like this to work optimally it has to be where energy supply is next to zero or very poor.

Such businesses are less capital intensive, all you need is a good space with sufficient wiring and a generator set, do make sure the area had poor electricity supply, you also have to be security conscious. All the best.

No business at all is easy, no matter how easy it seems while looking at it from the view of an onlooker, for phone charging there are a lot of things involved, you have to make sure a safe space is erected for the security of people's phones and also a log book to make sure people do not do away with other people's phones, but if it's a question of capital, then not much is needed to start.

It is profitable and lucrative business.Every mobile need phone charging So this business is profitable on that places where are poor electricity supply. And you can also open a page on social media to run this business because today people buy the all mobile accessories through internet.

Well...No business is easy as this particular business has a lot of competition especially when you are in a rural area without light... But i believe you have to be creative with it if you want to have customers as i have a friend who is into this this.... Instead of charging 1 phone for 50 naira he charges 2 phone for 50 naira and 1 laptop for 50 naira.... Now everyone in the area want to charge at his place and he's having a successful business there.

Do you have any idea?
Phone charging business was very profitable when I was a kid, people made money from it and expanded the business to electrical garget selling. But currently it's not still existing because almost all the surrounding villages now have electricity and the few left they can easily find a place and charge their phones for free.

It is very easy to start a phone charging business, all your need to do is to have a good location, buy a generator, buy more chargers so you can charge more phones. It is a small scale lucrative business which anyone can start easily even at your comfort zone. Sometimes your customers can come with their chargers. The business is sometimes risky because customers phone can be stolen or misplaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds