Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is people management a needed skill for all managers?

Believe me when I say to you that it is not every manager that does this. I have seen and worked under a lot of managers who would not hesitate to praise me for a job well done.

Advertisement Placeholder
Most definitely because as a manager there would be people I your care and a manager with poor people skill would definitely have a bad effect on the long run and affect the yield

Concerning if people management is a needed skill for all managers. Well, I believe all managers of a company or organization shouldn't possess such skill as they get to also manage their workers as well as the business. If a manager doesn't have a proper people management, he gets to loose employees in no time

In management I believe both human and material resources are very needful and are expected to be managed effectively because the management of one without the other can not make an organisation to function well in meeting it demands. so I believe they are all both qualities that a manager supposed to possess.

People management is an important skill for every manager,as a manager you must have human resource manager Aryan skills in order for you to run a company.

Managing people is also a skill that is much required for people in management, advertising, marketing and sales department. If you cananot manage people, you are not a good manager.

Normally, humans are very difficult to manage and some people require great attention in order to know their strengths and weaknesses and that is why human management is very important

There is a department in most of the big companies called human resource department This department not only hires and fires people but also manages the staff.

Believe me when I say to you that it is not every manager that does this. I have seen and worked under a lot of managers who would not hesitate to praise me for a job well done.
You may be right because not all managers have the skill for handling people properly. I also know some of them who are grouchy and impolite if not rude to their subordinate. That is the main reason for managers to undergo training in order to learn. Usually the HR department of big companies provide such free training.

People management skills is needed in a business by every manager since the manager does not only deals with his business alone without his employees, so he will need the skills to manage it staff.

We all know managing set of individuals in a given organization of company isn't easy and not everyone can handle it. So i think its a special skill needed to thrive in large organization of people in a given business.

Yes it is very important for the manager to acquire people management skills because he/she not only managing the organization without the people working there. He/She should know how to relate and control the activities of the people working with in a professional manner.
True, your people management skill could either make the business or destroy the business. Thats how important it is. As a manager you would need to work with lots of persons and deal with them on a daily basis so how you treat them would determine if they would return or not.

One of the things a good manager should posses is the ability to have control,and effectively manage the persons under him for efficient service delivery.He should be able to understand human temprament and how he can convert employees abilities into effective productive output.

Knowing how to manage people is one of the skills any business owner or manager needs to have. It also extends to employees because they will be handling customers.

It is not really necessary because you do not need to manage people in a business ,you only needs to have a certain type of people that you know can perform their responsibilities very well, bad people should not be managed in any business.

Actually it's a needed skill for you to have acquire if you wants to be a good and well known manager relating and managing people do go along way in business or whatever factor you are .

Business management does not only mean managing a business, it also means managing people who are working for common goals. Manager should know how to manage people.

It is somewhat shocking that Managing Directors feel it is only right for Human Resources Persons (HR) to possess people management skills as if they (MD) are not supposed to be well equipped with this particular skill.

What's your take as an individual on this?
Humans are the most difficult resource to manage because of their inconsistencies, hence it will do any manager a lot of good to know to to get the best out of them.

People management is an important skill for every manager,as a manager you must have human resource manager Aryan skills in order for you to run a company.
The manage skill a person that looked after the affairs of the company has I the main reason why he or she is called a manager, so a manager need a good management skill to run the affairs of the company.

Managing people in a business is not really the responsibility of the manager ,it is the responsibility of the employee because they are the one that will deal with the customers directly, yes even as a manager it is still necessary for you to have it

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds