Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is people management a needed skill for all managers?

It is very important for all mangers to know how to manage humans. If you check it very well managers deals with people and for them to make the people more productive they need to know how to manage them

Advertisement Placeholder
yes i belive its also important, as manager your duity is not just to manage the company resources, you should also be able to manage those under you as well, humans are also part of a company resources and assets, so a manager should be able to use them to maximize profit

A amanger must have the ability to predict who can be good and who can be bad for the company. I used to work at a company where the manager used to threaten people and this is the technique managers often use to make employees more productive at work. They do fire people as a last resort.

A amanger must have the ability to predict who can be good and who can be bad for the company. I used to work at a company where the manager used to threaten people and this is the technique managers often use to make employees more productive at work. They do fire people as a last resort.
True but alot of workers or employees tend to misinterpret this most times and just assume their boss is too harsh or heartless.

It is somewhat shocking that Managing Directors feel it is only right for Human Resources Persons (HR) to possess people management skills as if they (MD) are not supposed to be well equipped with this particular skill.

What's your take as an individual on this?
People's management is very important aspect of skill a manager must have in order to have a successful pedigree as a manager, you first need to know how to manage your employee before you can manage your customer.

Even if you are not going to be directly given orders to them it is very important that as a manager you should be able to manage people and do not just leave it for the human resources department.

There is no need for you to look for the best employee, you can just hire anyone with the best qualification ,they will be able to manage your business for you under your supervision.
Sure, their ate whole lots of persons begging for such spot. We shouldn't be too curious when findimg one to use as replacement cos they're very much around.

Sure, their ate whole lots of persons begging for such spot. We shouldn't be too curious when findimg one to use as replacement cos they're very much around.
Even though there are some people like this looking for such an opportunity to give you the best, how do we know the type of people that are coming to destroy our business.this is very important

True but alot of workers or employees tend to misinterpret this most times and just assume their boss is too harsh or heartless.

Most of the time, managers only threaten their workers just to make them work harder. They never mean to be harsh. The problem arises when boss starts thinking that employees are their servants and they get treated like slaves.

I believe that one of the best qualities of any manager is to understand people and their psychology and this is why he or she becomes the manager. A manager is good at reading emotions of people and this is what makes him a manager.
Well I couldn't agree more with you on this your submission that it is an absolutely necessary quality for any manager to have managing people because being able to manage is the sole most important function of business manager.

It is actually very important that you should be able to be having some good people management abilities provided that you are a manager overseeing a group of people even if it is not directly.

Even though there are some people like this looking for such an opportunity to give you the best, how do we know the type of people that are coming to destroy our business.this is very important
Hmm, I can stand the chance to see some one helping me reigniting my business when it isn't going as planned, the tips offered and other stuffs and xD, will be very much appreciated.

It is somewhat shocking that Managing Directors feel it is only right for Human Resources Persons (HR) to possess people management skills as if they (MD) are not supposed to be well equipped with this particular skill.

What's your take as an individual on this?

Seriously, when it comes to being the manager of a business establishment or company means that everything that happens in the company falls on you including people or staff management as well.

Hmm, I can stand the chance to see some one helping me reigniting my business when it isn't going as planned, the tips offered and other stuffs and xD, will be very much appreciated.
I don't understand what you are trying to say, I was asking for the best way you can know people that are coming into your business to destroy it ? How can we prevent them before the damage is done ?

I don't understand what you are trying to say, I was asking for the best way you can know people that are coming into your business to destroy it ? How can we prevent them before the damage is done ?
Now I've gotten what you meant with your question.their are some persons with devilish mindset, they just want to ruin your business. They'll just be acting as a customer and planning any strategy to outsource information that is sensitive about you to tell your competitors so they can halt you down. Always stick to your secretes and never expose them.

It is very important for all mangers to know how to manage humans. If you check it very well managers deals with people and for them to make the people more productive they need to know how to manage them
It is strange to meet a manager with no subordinates. He may be managing a warehouse but still he needs an assistant. A manager deals with people so it is important that he knows his job. Big corporations here have a management training to educate their employees on the importance of handling people.

To ensure that everyone in the team reaches their maximum potential, managers must build up a toolkit of people management skills. ... By harnessing and developing these skills, you are able to give your reports the support and motivation they need to perform, develop and face new challenges.

Yes it is very important for the manager to acquire people management skills because he/she not only managing the organization without the people working there. He/She should know how to relate and control the activities of the people working with in a professional manner.
The People's management is an important skill for all managers with the issue can be able to run your human resource management effectively and make your business effective

It is crucial to know how to manage people. People management is not an easy thing to do as humans are difficult to manage if given the circumstances. For a good manager, he or she has to control and manage to the attitude of workers and clients.

Yes, people management is the main job of a manager, so this skill is absolutely Paramount. It will help them in managing the workers so that they do the right thing and solve the conflicts that may occur.

Now I've gotten what you meant with your question.their are some persons with devilish mindset, they just want to ruin your business. They'll just be acting as a customer and planning any strategy to outsource information that is sensitive about you to tell your competitors so they can halt you down. Always stick to your secretes and never expose them.
The case of an example is the news that was trending last week about a teenager setting a supermarket ablaze, such thing can actually be planned by evil friends or family member who just want to bring the business down.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds